Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Man, what did I wake up to?

What's up I'm your friendly moderator here to answer all your questions. I'm sure you will have a blast with everyone in this community like I do.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡇⠀⠉⠒⠊⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⢧⠔⣉⠤⠒⠒⠉⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⣆
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢻⠀⠀⣤⠶⠶⢶⡄
⠀⣀⠤⠒⢺⠒⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠤⠊⠀⢸⠀⡿⠀⡀⠀⣀
⠀⠀⣠⠴⠚⢯⡀⠐⠒⠚⠉⠀⢶⠂⠀⣀⠜⠀⢿⡀⠉⠚⠉⣠
⠀⠠⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙  ⣴⠒⠒⣲⢔⠉⠉⣹⣞⣉⣈⠿⢦⣀

Find

Good morning!

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

So, I doubt we'll hemorrhage players any time soon. Knock on wood. As we've avoided some of the glaring mistakes of NTG thus far. No prop guns, no allowing rule breaking if you donate/are friends with staff, and with constant attention to map, and the owner actually being able to write his own code without breaking everything.

(The only time I've seen actually OP weapons existing is whenever Tobi codes a new gun, and he eventually nerfs them so w.e)

We also maintain a pretty tight-knit community without being exclusive. So welcome new target Friend, I hope you enjoy your stay while you're here. We also have a discord. And I look forward to Hunting you down Playing with you.
Tneconni
Find

(05-08-2018, 03:13 PM)knaveHearted Wrote:  So, I doubt we'll hemorrhage players any time soon. Knock on wood. As we've avoided some of the glaring mistakes of NTG thus far. No prop guns, no allowing rule breaking if you donate/are friends with staff, and with constant attention to map, and the owner actually being able to write his own code without breaking everything.

(The only time I've seen actually OP weapons existing is whenever Tobi codes a new gun, and he eventually nerfs them so w.e)

We also maintain a pretty tight-knit community without being exclusive. So welcome new target Friend, I hope you enjoy your stay while you're here. We also have a discord. And I look forward to Hunting you down Playing with you.

Small rant incoming(not entirely about what you said, but also what some groups have been saying).

Tobias has made plenty of things that aren't OP. He's still pretty new in terms of developing, and the ONLY OTHER person I've ever let code Inventory items for FRG, so a little more respect/thanks to him would be nice. I've even offered to pay him for his help, which he declined.

He has been a huge help for us, and while his content may not be 'Brass quality' just yet, he's still learning. I'd appreciate it if you guys would ease up on him a bit, he's still learning how to deal with negativity(trust me, that's no easy task), and he usually does a fine job, but it's hard when you're proud of your work and people find a single flaw, disregard the hours/sometimes days of work you put into it(for free), and shit on it. There's a HUGE DIFFERENCE between constructive criticism and being an asshole.

It's even worse when people say it's for your own personal gain (who the fuck cares enough about winning a TTT round to even do that.. The best way to balance/understand your own work, is to use it yourself. ESPECIALLY if you're lacking experience.). I have told him though he needs to work on how he responds to 'feedback', but he's not near experienced enough to just throw out all emotions when trying to deal with feedback. It's hard to put your work out there to people, it's even worse when people just shit talk it, then shit talk you.

It's not as easy as it looks. Something you guys think he 'spends no time on' actually is likely hours of work/coding, thought, and testing.

All that said, I have not been helping Tobias test his items too much/give my initial thoughts(when it comes to balancing). He asks me if he can make something and I give the green light, make sure it works then we push it live. But perhaps I should get more involved with his stat/item balancing and help him balance stuff before it launches until he's ready to do it more on his own. The main reasons I don't is that it's good experience for him, a good eye opener/practice, and just a good learning experience. That and well.. I have my own stuff to do too.

toby a shit
a SHIT
Find