Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Patchnotes 02/23/2018

The only nerf galactic would be getting is -2 - -4 clip, and a bit more recoil, from what I can remember from the changes I made.
Find

(02-24-2018, 02:25 AM)tobiasxz Wrote:  The only nerf galactic would be getting is -2 - -4 clip, and a bit more recoil, from what I can remember from the changes I made.

oh thats fine
Find

No galactic nerf
Find

(02-24-2018, 02:25 AM)tobiasxz Wrote:  The only nerf galactic would be getting is -2 - -4 clip, and a bit more recoil, from what I can remember from the changes I made.

What Galactic needs is a rework in general, for a kiting gun it beats relatively everything else in terms of positive stats

Every other "kiting gun" has a huge negative somewhere such as damage for swift or how shanks surplus has almost as many negatives as positives

It's should be the best kiting gun I agree, but when it's a heroic with 22% mobility, positive reload speed, accuracy, and more stability there's a problem

djinn crystal

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

(02-24-2018, 02:48 AM)Kuro Wrote:  

What Galactic needs is a rework in general, for a kiting gun it beats relatively everything else in terms of positive stats

Every other "kiting gun" has a huge negative somewhere such as damage for swift or how shanks surplus has almost as many negatives as positives

It's should be the best kiting gun I agree, but when it's a heroic with 22% mobility, positive reload speed, accuracy, and more stability there's a problem

Or, you know, it has a bunch of negative stats because you're trying to compare a primordial to a rare. Obviously a prim is suppose to be a lot better than a rare, and trying to compare the two is stupid.

Shank Surplus can be rolled virtually out of almost any crate, while Galactics can only be rolled from keys(which require 10 of just one item class), which on top of that is also very rare to actually roll.

If it isn't a "heroic with 22% mobility", literally nobody would use it/it would just be a primordial shank surplus gun with a different name, which would be stupid and pointless. You don't see to understand that a gun of that tier has to be good or nobody is gonna use, literally just look at arcane which had to receive a buff because everyone thought it was garbage, when meanwhile it still outclassed most legendary tiers with the exception of a few and was not garbage by any means.

I think the nerf I proposed is fine and there isn't much else really that can be done to Galactics without completely slaughtering them and their owners. -2 - -4 clip is more than fair along with more recoil. Completely reworking them would be unfair to all the current owners of them(and honestly I can't even see how you would "rework" them in the first place), which have paid a ton of money.
Find

The crate perk is still showing the rarities of non prim+ items
Find

The crate perk fix didnt work it instead of only showing prims and godlikes doesnt show either
Find

(02-24-2018, 06:11 AM)tobiasxz Wrote:  Or, you know, it has a bunch of negative stats because you're trying to compare a primordial to a rare. Obviously a prim is suppose to be a lot better than a rare, and trying to compare the two is stupid.

Shank Surplus can be rolled virtually out of almost any crate, while Galactics can only be rolled from keys(which require 10 of just one item class), which on top of that is also very rare to actually roll.

If it isn't a "heroic with 22% mobility", literally nobody would use it/it would just be a primordial shank surplus gun with a different name, which would be stupid and pointless. You don't see to understand that a gun of that tier has to be good or nobody is gonna use, literally just look at arcane which had to receive a buff because everyone thought it was garbage, when meanwhile it still outclassed most legendary tiers with the exception of a few and was not garbage by any means.

I think the nerf I proposed is fine and there isn't much else really that can be done to Galactics without completely slaughtering them and their owners. -2 - -4 clip is more than fair along with more recoil.  Completely reworking them would be unfair to all the current owners of them(and honestly I can't even see how you would "rework" them in the first place), which have paid a ton of money.

You seem to have missed the point I was making about every other "kiting" gun, I'm not comparing it 1:1 to a shanks surplus I'm comparing it to basically every gun that has +20% mobility, each of which has some kind of hefty downside (besides lightweight for some ungodly reason has all positive stats but they're all very minor) such as shanks surplus which has both decent damage, firerate, and 22% mobility but has huge downsides or Swift which has negative damage to offset the huge mobility and firerate.
Speaking of the Swift, it was widely used despite having negative damage which is a big deal breaker to most people.

I'm perfectly okay with Galactic being the single best tier for kiters, but it needs to strike that balance or the only thing people will use for everything will be Galactic.
My problem with the Galactic tier has to do with it being a jack of all trades gun, it has mostly upsides which compare to the best of many tiers and relatively little to no downsides making it the single best tier right now.

The reason I bring up a lot of different gun tiers when I talk about what they're good for is it really brings things into context.
Pre-buff Arcane had stat distribution similar to Rotting, post-buff it has stat distribution similar to Kaiju.
There isn't a single person picking Rotting > Kaiju except for Rotshout and he doesn't even come here anymore.

I think the problem that is created by not addressing Galactic stats is far worse than having Coachgrump and Excel steamed for a day or two, it just devalues most tiers and then we'll slide down that slippery slope a bit more until the only worthwhile thing to add is better than Galactic at which point we can begin this cycle again.

Reworking might have been the wrong word to use, it definitely needs to be touched up.
I do agree with the negative clip but I feel it would be more appropriate to reduce the damage over less stability as that'd fit more into a kiting category/theme.
Find

+1 no nerfing galactic
my only problem is, You TOOK the name and it could have been used in community crate 2!
Find