3 6.98%
Rework Net
9.30%
4 9.30%
Total 43 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Remove/Rework Bear Traps/Barnacles/Plasma Nets

i think the barnacle is the bigger problem of the two, bear traps are hard to come back from but at least you have an independent fighting chance by either breaking it or using yourself to bait out the T

- That Thrakos Noob

Bear traps should definitely do damage and slow. What if they did a % of damage? Let's say a bear trap will do 30% of your current life in instant damage, then slow the player for some time. Less life, less overall damage, but full-health will hurt you more. That'd be more fun.

I *REALLY* like playing my Traitor Rounds using the T weapons. Utility is a lot of fun, which is why it sucks that some things feel necessary, while others are just optional. I suppose that's fine, not everything should be a go-to, but buff turtles please and thank-you.
Find

(11-15-2017, 01:37 AM)Brassx Wrote:  What if it were changed though to slow instead of freeze? It damages you for 40 damage, gets 'attached' to you somehow and slows you until you destroy it? Or just slows you for a set duration and gets destroyed after it hits you?

I'd prefer if the bear trap does slow you down for a set time rather than keep you trapped until you break it
You take 40 damage and then you're slowed down/can't jump at all temporarily because you just broke your leg.

The bear trap injures you and then breaking/disappearing too would be great because if a traitor were to camp their bear trap you are literally a sitting duck.
You can't look down at your feet to break it, you can only pray that your aim/reflexes are good enough
Find

(11-15-2017, 01:05 AM)tobiasxz Wrote:  
(11-15-2017, 12:50 AM)Brassx Wrote:  As for the other things, I don't really see the need. They are situational and only apply when a T uses them, and they are quite fun to use as a T.

I think a better option is to take TTT for what it is - A casual gamemode. No need to get salty over a traitor killing an innocent, as T's tend to lose the rounds most of the time anyways.

The only reason I want bear traps/barnacles removed is because of the current rules.

If someone is obviously camping next or around the corner from a bear trap waiting for you/someone to get stuck in it, it would make sense if you were allowed to kill them, right? Well, with the current rule set we can't. If someone is stuck in a bear trap, 95% of the time they're gonna get killed because they aren't allowed to shoot the person first. if you see someone bolting at you the second after you get stuck in a bear trap, chances are they're running at you to kill you. Now I'm not asking for the rules to be changed or the bear trap to really be removed, I just wanted to put that out there.

I've found like 90% of people walk in a straight line in a super obvious way to kill you when you get stuck in a bear trap. And have found it an excellent chance to pull out my deagle and put it over their head. And firing as soon as possible after they do. Like 9/10 times it ends up with a trade kill since the hit registration is pretty generous in letting you still get shots off after you are technically dead. (I would say a solid quarter of a second which is well within most people's reaction times) Obviously you still almost certainly die.
Find

I cant revote in the new poll because i already voted rip
Find

So what if bear traps are reworked to slow, then what if barnacles take the place the bear traps fill, a stun but you can fight your own way out of it?
Find

Bear traps should stun for 1 sec and then have a slow that goes from 100% slowed to 0% slowed over 3 seconds.
Find

Upcoming changes:
  • Plasma net
    • It now will only slow when hit upclose, and only freeze at a decent distance away.
    • The duration of the slow/freeze is 5 seconds vs 15 seconds.
    • The projectile will gain speed the longer it travels.
  • Bear trap
    • Still deals 40 damage.
    • No longer holds the victim in place. Instead it slows for 5 seconds, and removes the ability to jump.
    • It's a Lerp'd slow, meaning it starts off slow and you slowly regain your speed back over the 5 second period.
  • Barnacle
    • You can no longer place barnacles above teleport destinations.
    • You can now fight back while trapped in a barnacle.
    • Barnacles now have 600hp vs 100 hp.
Find

god all these new toys the server has gotten lately just got destroyed from people constantly bitching. This really sucks I do not agree with all of these changes or the post idea behind it "we should still be able to fight back" there are a million maps with t traps that you cannot fight back from why not remove all these maps while we are at it? Why dont we just go to vanilla TTT on one map like a fucking piece of shit server instead of having any diversity or options....Your whining and constant need to be babied on the server guys is destroying shit.

I like all of the t weapons and det weapons and everything on the server and it's mainly just funny when getting caught in the barnacle, bear trap, and plasma net. You all need to just chill. Gmod is a lot more fun when you are laid back and enjoying the game without worrying about "unbalanced" things or whatever the heck. If you want to be serious and competitive, go play CSGO or something. geesh
Find