Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What would you like to see on TTT?

I'd like to see TTT removed entirely and have anything TTT related be reworked into other content.

I know it may sound controversial but this is about the 19th time we've discussed this post holiday season when TTT is all but dead due to a number of different reasons and we're throwing anything at it to keep it alive I'd consider it a waste of time and effort.

It makes no sense to keep having to come back to the same drawing board with the same problems and expect something to change. Our dependance on TTT is becoming detrimental when we're trying to keep it alive more than it's keeping us alive.
I'd rather see the time and effort put into something the developers have passion or interest in or would actually play themselves if I'm allowed to be completely honest.

(02-01-2019, 10:06 AM)Kuro Wrote:  I'd like to see TTT removed entirely and have anything TTT related be reworked into other content.

I know it may sound controversial but this is about the 19th time we've discussed this post holiday season when TTT is all but dead due to a number of different reasons and we're throwing anything at it to keep it alive I'd consider it a waste of time and effort.

It makes no sense to keep having to come back to the same drawing board with the same problems and expect something to change. Our dependance on TTT is becoming detrimental when we're trying to keep it alive more than it's keeping us alive.
I'd rather see the time and effort put into something the developers have passion or interest in or would actually play themselves if I'm allowed to be completely honest.

I'd say I agree if TTT wasn't our most played game mode by far. It's only been really declining post-christmas. Everything prior was fairly steady.

I just think the biggest reason TTT isn't active right now is due to me not releasing any major updates to it, for a long time. The last major TTT update was Random Classes.
Find

goodie bag 2 electric boogaloo for some nice false player inflation to tide us over til the next major patch.

oh and that minigame voting system
Find

Goodie Bags, Gun Attachments and Paint Crate for real tho. https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=6275
Bouncy Rounds
Find

(01-31-2019, 06:20 AM)Brassx Wrote:  
(01-30-2019, 08:58 PM)Dreadark Wrote:  I feel like one of the reasons for the deflated player count is the lobby, but I don't know what can be done about that.

Definitely is. But I don't really know if that's such a bad thing. The lobby and our events is truly what makes us different from other communities/servers. It takes away from TTT, but as I've stated before, the sad truth is our 'formula' for a TTT server is now over saturated, and it's the least unique part of FRG.

I think a good step is making TTT more unique, not just from Inventory, drops, or items, but in other ways. Classes were a good step in the right direction, but thinking of new classes(I don't like the idea of classes requiring godlikes or other items), is pretty tricky.

The idea I had on discord is more for the Inventory, which was after I made the following system for ZS:

Quote:upon opening remantler, it requests a 'trait path' from the server(different per item), server generates it, higher rarity item = more paths/and or branches (instead of linear upgrades ,could have multiple branches you can go to)
the later in the path the trait, the better its effects will be for traits that have stats anyways.

Quote:What if you could dismantle all weapons excluding godlikes, for 'scrap'. And ALL weapons have a 'skill tree' generated for them(as in across all of our servers). Wouldn't be any existing traits, but a whole new pool of things you can unlock for your weapon. You would use scrap to unlock nodes of the 'skill' tree, just like ZS and the MP4 above. Wouldn't be anything like pure extra damage,  but stuff you can just use to fine tune your weapon or have interesting abilities/utility added to them. Perhaps the total amount of progression slots will be lower if your item rolls with a bunch of traits too, or there could be a RNG chance for the final node to be something super cool/unique.

I think that idea would give more of a use to all items, not just for keys.

Please dont add shooting while phasing. I remember playing on another ZS server that had custom weapons that let you do it and it was completely overpowered. Especially with certain cading styles it can be easily abused :<
Find

(02-02-2019, 12:31 AM)Moz Wrote:  
(01-31-2019, 06:20 AM)Brassx Wrote:  
(01-30-2019, 08:58 PM)Dreadark Wrote:  I feel like one of the reasons for the deflated player count is the lobby, but I don't know what can be done about that.

Definitely is. But I don't really know if that's such a bad thing. The lobby and our events is truly what makes us different from other communities/servers. It takes away from TTT, but as I've stated before, the sad truth is our 'formula' for a TTT server is now over saturated, and it's the least unique part of FRG.

I think a good step is making TTT more unique, not just from Inventory, drops, or items, but in other ways. Classes were a good step in the right direction, but thinking of new classes(I don't like the idea of classes requiring godlikes or other items), is pretty tricky.

The idea I had on discord is more for the Inventory, which was after I made the following system for ZS:

Quote:upon opening remantler, it requests a 'trait path' from the server(different per item), server generates it, higher rarity item = more paths/and or branches (instead of linear upgrades ,could have multiple branches you can go to)
the later in the path the trait, the better its effects will be for traits that have stats anyways.

Quote:What if you could dismantle all weapons excluding godlikes, for 'scrap'. And ALL weapons have a 'skill tree' generated for them(as in across all of our servers). Wouldn't be any existing traits, but a whole new pool of things you can unlock for your weapon. You would use scrap to unlock nodes of the 'skill' tree, just like ZS and the MP4 above. Wouldn't be anything like pure extra damage,  but stuff you can just use to fine tune your weapon or have interesting abilities/utility added to them. Perhaps the total amount of progression slots will be lower if your item rolls with a bunch of traits too, or there could be a RNG chance for the final node to be something super cool/unique.

I think that idea would give more of a use to all items, not just for keys.

Please dont add shooting while phasing. I remember playing on another ZS server that had custom weapons that let you do it and it was completely overpowered. Especially with certain cading styles it can be easily abused :<

Its in the default gamemode, but then again FRG weapons are much more accurate and better than most of the ZS ones.
Find

(01-31-2019, 07:06 PM)ZombieNinja975 Wrote:  I find that TTT is much more enjoyable with a goal to reach for. Raising the level limit and reworking the level up rewards to make people want to get as high level as possible could keep people playing with more incentive to level up.

I find that rewards like the scrolls and cog quest are more exciting to work toward because of the mystery about what you will get, with no hints about what will be inside. Adding more challenges / goals for people to play toward would have people enjoy working toward the higher reward for a higher challenge.  

This could be brought with weekly (possibly monthly too) challenges that reap higher rewards for more kills / collectibles put into them.

Something like a weekly goal of 100 headshot kills, a collect quest of 300 mystery chest fragments (Found around maps like cogs) for a monthly. These mystery chests that could give loot anywhere in a range similar to easy through professional reward chests, but keeping no limits on weapons used so people could work toward them along with their cog quest and scrolls.

These chests would have a 5% chance to roll loot similar to an professional, 10% expert, 15% hard, 25% medium, 45% easy. Having the same chest's loot have chances to be anywhere in this range would make it much more exciting to earn this mysery chest through challenges only progress-able through TTT.

I 100% disagree with this. TTT shouldn't be super sweaty and tryhard, it should be relaxing and fun. People grinding quests and challenges took a lot of the fun away (at least for me). You died for everything you did whether u were inno or t, nobody fucked around on their t rounds anymore. Everyone got salty when they died and I wouldn't laugh for like 2-3 maps straight. Also a lot of my friends who used to play NTG quit 1) because they got bored of the gamemode in general 2) because loot was overly RNG. The second thing I said seems to contradict the first, but I think there should be milestone weapons that you simply achieve by playing (no sweat required) the milestones could include time played, # of t rounds, # of det rounds, and other shit that you don't have to consciously do.

*NOTE* I actually like the COG and collections idea.