Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Add Mobility to Knives

(06-04-2016, 02:54 PM)Jerome Wrote:  Can we just have knifes for melees, just like cs:go. I wanna collect other stuff than just sg's.

But that would confuse newer players, since a knife is a normal T weapon.

It's bad enough explaining secret knives, don't do this.
Umpty Dumpty
Find

(06-04-2016, 01:52 PM)Bezerker Wrote:  This would completely defeat the purpose of the Energy Sword.

I think the energy sword needs a buff of its own, but it still has lunge which is its unique perk.
Find

(06-04-2016, 03:04 PM)Bezerker Wrote:  
(06-04-2016, 02:54 PM)Jerome Wrote:  Can we just have knifes for melees, just like cs:go. I wanna collect other stuff than just sg's.

we could paint the knives or make a whole new knife so people can tell
but i like the ideal kuro :3 +1
FUN ^ 10 x int ^ 40 = ir2
Find

(06-04-2016, 03:58 PM)[Mage]Mini Cosmic Wrote:  
(06-04-2016, 03:04 PM)Bezerker Wrote:  

we could paint the knives or make a whole new knife so people can tell
but i like the ideal kuro :3 +1

I would take a knife as a melee over anything else. Hint: Brassx please make happen.
SG Fucking Overlord
Find

I totally agree with the suggestion, I never use it because of the difficulty that it brings and it is really easy to kill someone when they try to use it on me. +1

But also, a knife CAN be thrown and it is a 1 hit kill so maybe just get good on your aim.
Find

Throwing the knife is a gamble even at point blank range. Its not like i can snipe you with it, because it takes time and is the only weapon that has falloff effect on its distance. One slight sidestep and the knife wont even shitbox.

+1 Knife needs mobility

Energy Sword has a lunge and multiple charges, but it does seem to have a cooldown between lunges and something to tell us when that cooldown is over would be nice. Otherwise its ok imo.
Vanished from life
Find

Solution: buy the "4 ranged knives"/awp item from the t store instead of the knife. There is literally NO reason to EVER use the knife because the awp exists. "Oh it's quiet" yeah but the awp you can use to just kill all the witnesses, same difference. Im still extremely puzzled why the awp has 4 shots that can all instakill or do 90 damage putting you near death.. Literally the best T weapon you could buy in any situation, out performs everything with 0 downsides...
Find

(06-04-2016, 05:23 PM)Furesh Wrote:  Solution: buy the "4 ranged knives"/awp item from the t store instead of the knife. There is literally NO reason to EVER use the knife because the awp exists. "Oh it's quiet" yeah but the awp you can use to just kill all the witnesses, same difference. Im still extremely puzzled why the awp has 4 shots that can all instakill or do 90 damage putting you near death.. Literally the best T weapon you could buy in any situation, out performs everything with 0 downsides...

Uh...downside.. The awp is terrible unless zoomed in.. You cant just up close someone with it...And just no.
Vanished from life

(06-04-2016, 06:44 PM)FoxSasha Wrote:  
(06-04-2016, 05:23 PM)Furesh Wrote:  Solution: buy the "4 ranged knives"/awp item from the t store instead of the knife. There is literally NO reason to EVER use the knife because the awp exists. "Oh it's quiet" yeah but the awp you can use to just kill all the witnesses, same difference. Im still extremely puzzled why the awp has 4 shots that can all instakill or do 90 damage putting you near death.. Literally the best T weapon you could buy in any situation, out performs everything with 0 downsides...

Uh...downside.. The awp is terrible unless zoomed in.. You cant just up close someone with it...And just no.

This isn't csgo, it has laser accuracy hip firing just like all the other rifles
Find

(06-04-2016, 06:44 PM)FoxSasha Wrote:  Uh...downside.. The awp is terrible unless zoomed in.. You cant just up close someone with it...And just no.

Completely and utterly wrong, I'd say the awp is the single best secondary in the game. It's like a deagle without requiring a headshot, if you can judge the targets momentum and snap your crosshair to their center mass it is a near guaranteed kill. It is without any doubt to me the most powerful weapon you can use to get a kill in this entire server.

Off-topic posting aside

The knife is the first thing I've set my sights on as a suggestion for rebalancing to work better in the server the way it is currently.

Given the amount of support I've gotten for the knife I'll do some proposed changes to the energy sword, and if the knife gets added I might just do a proposed changes megathread for every unloved detective/traitor item. I would be glad to run down item and propose logical and meaningful changes.
Find