Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Patchnotes 1/2/2015

Icefight got a crystal!
Edit: Placeholder for a potential future working-on idea. Maybe.
Chipped
Average
Exquisite
Perfect
Find

(01-02-2015, 11:53 AM)Kiefer D Wrote:  This is super awesome! Normally I stray away from any type of rechargeable items in games because I generally feel like its a waste of resources but the amount of effort required to charge these seems extremely reasonable. Its going to be nice to have a use for poop-tier guns because I don't care for crafting, but I do like passive/active gameplay bonuses. I'm not super creative, but I'll try to make a suggestion.

Name: Reload Crystal
Stat Required for charging: Firerate
Effect: +% reload speed
Drain Rate: Whatever makes sense for game balance
Color(Color of the crystal icon, in RGB(red green blue) format): 128,0,128 or some type of purple
Credit line: No sleight of hand required!

I'm not entirely sure if reload speed is something that can even be modified, but I've always wanted something that had an interaction with reload speed.

It took me a good 4 hours, but I managed to come up with a way to overwrite the internal "DefaultReload" function source uses(to globally effect 90% of weapons), with my own function that accounts for a reload speed stat!

So far it's working pretty good, there were a few odd animation bugs as I'm handling all the reload animation stuff with my function(rather than letting source engine handle it), the only exception I had to manually code in is for shotguns, everything else seems to work good!

So I went ahead and made this crystal as a test run, it works great.

I even tried my new system of adjusting the effect stat% based on the charge of the crystal. it works pretty good too, but I'm afraid that may scare people away from them as the effect is decreased as the charge lowers.

I have it so a crystal with full charges(10/10) will have the FULL effect of the crystal, and it scales down, so 5/10 charges you would have 50% of the effect and so on. Do you guys think this would scare people away from using them?
Find

(01-03-2015, 10:56 AM)Brassx Wrote:  
(01-02-2015, 11:53 AM)Kiefer D Wrote:  This is super awesome! Normally I stray away from any type of rechargeable items in games because I generally feel like its a waste of resources but the amount of effort required to charge these seems extremely reasonable. Its going to be nice to have a use for poop-tier guns because I don't care for crafting, but I do like passive/active gameplay bonuses. I'm not super creative, but I'll try to make a suggestion.

Name: Reload Crystal
Stat Required for charging: Firerate
Effect: +% reload speed
Drain Rate: Whatever makes sense for game balance
Color(Color of the crystal icon, in RGB(red green blue) format): 128,0,128 or some type of purple
Credit line: No sleight of hand required!

I'm not entirely sure if reload speed is something that can even be modified, but I've always wanted something that had an interaction with reload speed.

It took me a good 4 hours, but I managed to come up with a way to overwrite the internal "DefaultReload" function source uses(to globally effect 90% of weapons), with my own function that accounts for a reload speed stat!

So far it's working pretty good, there were a few odd animation bugs as I'm handling all the reload animation stuff with my function(rather than letting source engine handle it), the only exception I had to manually code in is for shotguns, everything else seems to work good!

So I went ahead and made this crystal as a test run, it works great.

I even tried my new system of adjusting the effect stat% based on the charge of the crystal. it works pretty good too, but I'm afraid that may scare people away from them as the effect is decreased as the charge lowers.

I have it so a crystal with full charges(10/10) will have the FULL effect of the crystal, and it scales down, so 5/10 charges you would have 50% of the effect and so on. Do you guys think this would scare people away from using them?

Awesome!

I can't speak for everyone, but I'd be less likely to use the crystal unless it was fully charged if it scales. It wouldn't put me off from using it in general, but I'd wait until it was full to use it. I would rather it have a more powerful effect and scale down in power than to have it be a lower static amount. Also, would it be possible to make unique guns with a reload speed stat in the future? :o
Find

Brass, i really like the idea of the reload speed stat and or crsytal, but i dont think making the effect go down per charge is good... I would just make it the same effect.
Find

Is there a possibility for the reload stat to get implemented into the weapon stats, or it'll remain as a crystal only?

Also,

Name: The roasted chicken / Fire Crystal
Stat Required for charging: 66% - [ Damage & firerate - 10% / Damage - 5% / Firerate - 2% ( DMG + FR > DMG > FR ) ]
Effect: +% burn resistance (100% charge would make you invulnerable against fire)
Drain Rate: Whatever's balanced / Dunno
Color(Color of the crystal icon, in RGB(red green blue) format): 100,49,0
Credit line: You are a god damn black... Overburned nugget!

Edit: God damn it brass, y u no check mine earlier.

These ideas are a bit more...Extravagant, which is polite for "Probably a bitch to implement and not really a good idea." Take it as you will, change what you will!

Name: Warp Crystal
Stat Required for charging: 70% Mobility
Effect: Upon taking hefty damage and are near death, this crystal will randomly turn you 100% invisible and invincible. You lose the ability to move/shoot. When this wears off after a few seconds, you teleport back to the "real" world.
Drain Rate: 10% per turn used.
Color RGB: 165, 21, 218
Credit line: The guy who coded these buggers. Also maybe sometimes Terran.

Name: Mirror Crystal
Stat Required for charging: 70% Clip
Effect: When playing with this crystal equipped, you have a projection of your character either about a foot left of you, or a foot to the right, at random. These projections shimmer slightly, but are hard to notice who's the "Real" one.
Color: 218, 211, 21

Name: Soul Crystal
Stat Required for charging: "Traits". Each "Trait" will add +20% to the charge.
Effect: Your Maximum HP is boosted by 50 extra points. (This would be good to save up for "Special" rounds, also very expensive to charge?)
Color: 232, 46, 46.

Name: Harmonic Crystal
Stat Required for charging: Fire-rate, 50%.
Effect: When you shoot someone, they're temporarily under an effect similar to a "Jammer". This lasts around 2 or 3 seconds and can stack. They will be notified of this.
Drain Rate: 5% per round used.
Color: 138, 70, 131

Name: Flawless Jump Crystal (Rare Crystal)
Stat Required for charging: 80% Mobility
Effect: Lowers gravity pull by 0.25x for the player. (They're less affected by gravity. Less fall damage, higher jump height, slower falling.)
Drain Rate: 5% per round.
Color: 37, 146, 42
Credit line: Icefight for the idea, Terran for stealing it plus the execution.

Placeholder for More.
Name:
Stat Required for charging:
Effect:
Drain Rate:
Color:
Find

Terran how the heck do you come up with these... They're great, hard to implement but great.
Find

(01-03-2015, 05:08 PM)Terran Wrote:  These ideas are a bit more...Extravagant, which is polite for "Probably a bitch to implement and not really a good idea." Take it as you will, change what you will!

Name: Warp Crystal
Stat Required for charging: 70% Mobility
Effect: Upon taking hefty damage and are near death, this crystal will randomly turn you 100% invisible and invincible. You lose the ability to move/shoot. When this wears off after a few seconds, you teleport back to the "real" world.
Color RGB: 165, 21, 218

Name: Mirror Crystal
Stat Required for charging: 70% Clip
Effect: When playing with this crystal equipped, you have a projection of your character either about a foot left of you, or a foot to the right, at random. These projections shimmer slightly, but are hard to notice who's the "Real" one.
Color: 218, 211, 21

Name: Soul Crystal
Stat Required for charging: "Traits". Each "Trait" will add +20% to the charge.
Effect: Your Maximum HP is boosted by 50 extra points. (This would be good to save up for "Special" rounds, also very expensive to charge?)
Color: 232, 46, 46.

Name: Harmonic Crystal
Stat Required for charging: Fire-rate, 50%.
Effect: When you shoot someone, they're temporarily under an effect similar to a "Jammer". This lasts around 2 or 3 seconds and can stack. They will be notified of this.
Drain Rate: 5% per round used.
Color: 138, 70, 131

Name: Flawless Jump Crystal (Rare Crystal)
Stat Required for charging: 80% Mobility
Effect: Lowers gravity pull by 0.25x for the player. (They're less affected by gravity. Less fall damage, higher jump height, slower falling.)
Drain Rate: 5% per round.
Color: 37, 146, 42
Credit line: Icefight for the idea, Terran for stealing it plus the execution.

Placeholder for More.
Name:
Stat Required for charging:
Effect:
Drain Rate:
Color:

I made a crystal already that does what the flawless jump one does, I just haven't tested it yet(thus why it hasn't been added to patchnotes).
Find