Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fix FastDL/Get better maps

A good number of the maps on FRG I can't join. Stuff like de_dust and de_cbble (Not even a typo) instantly kick me. After about 20 minutes of slow web/workshop surfing, I finally found de_cbble here (http://maps.cs-bg.info/maps/cs/234/), and installed it. It says that I have de_cbble, says that its the same map running on FRG, but when I actually JOIN, I get this bullshit:

Find

Silly 'ol terran, that bulgarian site is a fan of cs1.6, not css! (Like most of us, bulgarians)
You seem to have downloaded the CS 1.6 version.
Try cscheater.era.ee's version.
BTW - here is where I come & again suggest to make prop-surfing half-legal, since there are lots of exploitable places in the CSS maps (no, not exploits like going outside the map - exploits like sniping roof spots) that you an access with prop-stacking & with bhopping/normal strafe jumping.
Edit: 69th post.

No, no, this IS the CS 1.6 version. Its not de_cobble. I HAVE CS:S de_cobble. This was de_cbble, it only registered when I got the 1.6 map.
Find

Fast DL works just fine.

You see, gmod actually states that it requires CSS(it would be a waste of bandwidth for me to put CSS content on fast DL, not to mention it's illegal), illegal copies of CSS content are starting to become more and more detected, so I'd be a bit careful, and it is illegal for me to upload any maps included in CSS to fastDL (according to steam). So I just went ahead and renamed the maps folder of cstrike, so it wont detect them in the server.

Oh wait, I missed your last comment. The map it was on should be inside CSS as well.

Yeah I just checked my CSS directory, it's there, same filesize and everything as the one mounted on the server. Dafuq? Either way I disabled CSS maps.
Find

I actually had CS:S from forever ago on a disk I think, actually pretty legit.

I have de_cobble for CS:S, I was playing it on FRG a few days backe, but "de_cbble" didn't. Anyways, if my disk copy doesn't work, CS:S costs MORE than CS:GO, and I never plan to play it.

Thanks for clarifying that though, makes a lot more sense. Hm. I'd rather not pay $22 considering I have the game from ages ago, and when CS:GO is $7 on sales more often than not.
Find

The fastdl works fine for me? Also, I have so much problems with not being able to CRC half the maps we play due to a downloading error... Then sitting out for 20 minutes until the map changes, so annoying. Again, personal issue that can't be resolved.
Find

This was fixed, JESUS CHRIST! -_-