Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Lots of Ideas (Reposted)

Trigger Status: TRIGGERED HARD.
Find

updated/bump
Find

Definitely, we should heal/respawn before an Orbital round starts. Also, I haven't seen a random one in over a month or more.
Find

With the new update coming I figured I'd bump this. =P
Find

droppable magneto stick skins/models pls

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

(06-09-2015, 10:18 PM)Jake1o Wrote:  I posted this on a thread a long time ago but it is now old and forgotten so I am re-posting it! =D

~Things from NTG~
-Clue scrolls
-The leveling system
-Buyable T rounds
-Skin system
-T tester gun for Detectives
-Shurikens (They were a ton of fun)
-Goomba boots (I bought them frequently on NTG)
-ID disguiser (I personally had a lot of fun with this one)
-Deathstation (on NTG there are regen bubbles so death stations are obvious but on FRG health stations are actually bought so death stations would trick some people)
-Tranquilizer (Safe to say that was/is a community favorite on NTG)
-Some sort of bow like the wind (Another community fav)
-When you are killed it should say in chat who killed you so you can scroll up and see. NTG has this. Not sure why we don't.

NOTE: I know you don't want FRG to be a copy of NTG but all of these things are incredible and were 100% coded by you so who the fuck cares. I think I speak for everyone when I say WE WANT THEM HERE! =)

~Fresh Ideas~
-Buyable jihad sounds (we discussed this idea quite a bit when FRG was first starting up)
-Need to be able to drop currency and magneto stick it (probably very difficult to code but it would lead to a lot of funny situations. Drop a coin from your inventory, magneto stick it and put it near a trap on trappy cottage. People would go for the coin and you could kill them. This is just one example.
-Achievements (Daily, Weekly, Monthly) (These could give EXP like you were saying or they could give rewards too. I'm sure you could find something cool and useful to do with them.)
-Use for the leveling system. (unlock new hats, models, wep rolls. Say every 10 levels you get 1 item crate. This wouldn't hurt the economy and would get people to play and reward them for doing so. On NTG you get points for play time but here on FRG you aren't guaranteed ANYTHING for play time. It is ALL RNG because coins just randomly drop if you're lucky. This is a super needed suggestion IMO. It at least gives something to those players who have stuck around and play often but just have bad luck.)
-T wep flashbang grenade
-Dual wields (would need to be balanced so they aren't OP but they would be a really cool unique or something)
-Detective item security camera (would be able to place it in a room and it would be very small so Ts wouldn't see it very well. After you place it in a room you can go somewhere else and view the placed security camera. Would be a fun D wep IMO.
-Should have killing sprees for Ts (could even use the halo streaks and voice but it would only play on your end so others don't know you're a T obviously. Not something game changing but it would be a bit of nostalgia for halo fans and also make you feel good about reking on your T round.)
-Headcrab grenade T wep (we used to play a server with this item and we always enjoyed it. Doesn't have to be just headcrabs either.)
-Trip wire T wep. (Could see this being OP now that I'm thinking about it but I had it written down and it still sounds cool so I typed it here.) Dreadark had an idea for this one I 100% agree with (Yeah I could see it being OP. Especially around corners or stairs that you can't really see. Maybe make it do 50 damage if you trip it so it can only kill wounded players?)
-Fire boots T wep (This would be really cool IMO. It would last say 10 seconds and place fire behind your path wherever you walk. Could run circles around someone for 10 seconds and trap them in a ring of fire. xD)
-Gun loaning system (set a timer in the trade and once that time is up your guns are returned.)
-Overshield T and D wep (could be like the one on the map ttt_lockout. Gives the player a glow and 50-100 extra HP. I could see Ds always buying this and Ts would only use it as a last chance thing because they would glow upon using it.)
-Listings on the market should be limited. (Right now the quantity of standards greatly exceeds the demand for them. Yes, there is a demand. Reducing the amount of listings each person could have to say 10 would help reach or at least near closer to that equilibrium demand.)

This is all I have right now. I took a lot of time to type this whole thing out so please don't hate. Constructive criticism is fine and encouraged but don't be a dick. Thanks.

EDIT: I know you don't think T weps and D weps are huge things that bring in players but I truly think they are and do. T weps and D weps are seriously the most fun part of TTT for me and I'm sure at least some others agree. We used to hop servers and look at the T shop to decided if it was a good server so I know you agree with me on at least some level. Wink

04/14/15 edit: (going to update this post as I find new things that should be added)
-Add a mario coin sound that plays when you acquire coins. Only should play for the person that acquires them not the whole server.
-fix the deagle on the marketplace. Can only search revolver and not search deagle.
-Make bids on the market go up by 5-10 coins instead of 1. 1 coin is too small of a gap.

06/09/15 edit: I can't take credit for this one but armadillo said this to me in steam chat a couple months ago and I thought it would be a great idea.

10:58 PM - Armadillo Ninja: there should be donator of the month
10:58 PM - Armadillo Ninja: i would be it
Maybe even have a badge for donor of the month. Donor badge april, donor badge may, etc..

I will continue to edit this thread as new ideas arise and continue to add strikethroughs through the ideas implemented or ruled out until all ideas have a strikethrough through them! muahahaha =P

EDIT 06/22/15
-The top 3 in orbital rounds should all 3 get an orbital cannon for themselves for maximum fun!
-Punch-o-meter is a bit weird. It doesn't have a bar saying when it's full just a single bar that flashes and when its full it stops flashing.
-Searching for a deagle on the market is under "revolver." This confuses new players and some old even. It should also work if you search for "deagle" or "desert eagle."
-Orbital rounds should heal you upon starting. (Currently, if you take damage before the round starts, you will not heal when it actually does start.)
-AWP should be a one time buy only like the knife is.

EDIT 08/02/15
-booby trap T wep. (Brass will know what this means. We have discussed it and it is planned. The rest of you will just have to wait and see! =P)
-add a mirror to the lobby server.
-implement the !stats command from ntg.

I love the gun loaning system idea. The T tester gun also sounds great, but of all of da ideas I would really like the buyable T rounds. +1
Find

"!stats!"

yes.
Find

Bump necro ban
Find

I want the tranq gun
pls

-Gun loaning system (set a timer in the trade and once that time is up your guns are returned.)

-Trip wire T wep. (Could see this being OP now that I'm thinking about it but I had it written down and it still sounds cool so I typed it here.) Dreadark had an idea for this one I 100% agree with (Yeah I could see it being OP. Especially around corners or stairs that you can't really see. Maybe make it do 50 damage if you trip it so it can only kill wounded players?)

Pls and ty
Find