Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Server Rules

(03-21-2018, 02:12 AM)gfkxj Wrote:  Hello there were certain actions I was wondering about for slaying.

1) I was playing and on my T round on one of the maps gmod starts with and the detective grappled to the top of a building that had no other way to get there. If he hid on that building and I couldn't get anymore credits, would it be considered delaying on my part and therefore slayable?(I have been told separate things be various people)

2) If a person kills an Innocent and after ID-ing the body gets shot at, but then kills the person shooting at them who also happens to be innocent is the second kill considered RDM on the part of the killer or is it self defense?

1) Yes it is delay on your side, you are given many credits while as a T if its just you and a detective only left alive, esp when there are 2-3 detectives. You have no reason to not have atleast 6 credits (I've had 12 at one point so there is no excuse), you have to play smart as a traitor and consider all your options, having a grapple/teleporter/blink is one of those options to consider.

2) It is self defense since they more than likely had a reason to kill the innocent for possible traitor baiting, killing another innocent from before, setting off traps, etc. Like Tobias said the only reason you shouldn't be protecting yourself if it is a detective that isn't rdming and a proven innocent since they are proven to be an innocent.

Atleast thats what I think of it
Find

(03-21-2018, 03:18 AM)Eclipse Wrote:  
(03-21-2018, 02:12 AM)gfkxj Wrote:  Hello there were certain actions I was wondering about for slaying.

1) I was playing and on my T round on one of the maps gmod starts with and the detective grappled to the top of a building that had no other way to get there. If he hid on that building and I couldn't get anymore credits, would it be considered delaying on my part and therefore slayable?(I have been told separate things be various people)

2) If a person kills an Innocent and after ID-ing the body gets shot at, but then kills the person shooting at them who also happens to be innocent is the second kill considered RDM on the part of the killer or is it self defense?

1) Yes it is delay on your side, you are given many credits while as a T if its just you and a detective only left alive, esp when there are 2-3 detectives. You have no reason to not have atleast 6 credits (I've had 12 at one point so there is no excuse), you have to play smart as a traitor and consider all your options, having a grapple/teleporter/blink is one of those options to consider.

2) It is self defense since they more than likely had a reason to kill the innocent for possible traitor baiting, killing another innocent from before, setting off traps, etc. Like Tobias said the only reason you shouldn't be protecting yourself if it is a detective that isn't rdming and a proven innocent since they are proven to be an innocent.

Atleast thats what I think of it

Actually I'm going to have to correct you about #1.

Delay is there for people who Intentionally delay the round. Meaning, sitting in a T room all round not killing people, etc.

Something like this is out of his hands and we shouldn't punish someone for using their credits on certain items over others. That's silly. There's an in-game timer for a reason after all.

EDIT:

Seems people are on different pages about delay.

So how about this:

Intentionally delaying a round end through means of camping as a T is a slay; Delaying by voluntarily not engaging in combat, with over 15 hours of playtime, will be up to the discretion of the staff member on if they are slain or not (too many variables to make a clear ruling on via rules). 15 hours or under should be let of with a warning for the first 3 offenses, anything after that should be a slay.

Sound good?

(03-21-2018, 03:54 AM)Brassx Wrote:  Delay is there for people who Intentionally delay the round. Meaning, sitting in a T room all round not killing people, etc.

The way you word that though leaves a lot of room for interpretation, a lot of people now get slain when they're not "intentionally" delaying the round.
There's a million excuses for this, waiting for a better opportunity to kill someone, playing stealthily (cloaking and walking around), not having a radar and desperately racing the clock trying to find the last person, healing with a healing orb because your health is low, or just flat out losing track of the time.
Just because they aren't actively gunning people down doesn't mean they're not trying to play right/win the game, new people especially are still learning how to play the gamemode and I've never assumed of them are intentionally trying to delay the game, that's just the best they do.
Having to ascribe the intent to delay means a lot of reasons people got slain for before won't be anymore.
(03-21-2018, 03:54 AM)Brassx Wrote:  EDIT:

Seems people are on different pages about delay.

So how about this:

Intentionally delaying a round end through means of camping as a T is a slay; Delaying by voluntarily not engaging in combat, with over 15 hours of playtime, will be up to the discretion of the staff member on if they are slain or not (too many variables to make a clear ruling on via rules). 15 hours or under should be let of with a warning for the first 3 offenses, anything after that should be a slay.

Sound good?
EDIT: SOUNDS GOOD BOSS

I also wanted to throw my 2 cents in on the second one and this whole KOSing on logic discussion happening recently, as a majority of the times RDM trains happen is due to the logic some people have.
Specifically the idea that "you just killed an innocent, now I'm killing YOU!" times infinity. What it boils down to is that technically being a reason to kill somebody and it is bent as much as it can be bent. I personally hate this type of "logic" and would prefer a more thought out reason before killing people. What do you think about this type of logic? Can that be addressed in any future rule changes?
Find

i would like to say if you are a proven innocent by killing a T and detective knows you kill him by getting DNA off T and seeing you are truly proven or being test. And that proven kills a innocent you CANT kill the proven and say Oh but he killed a innocent. If you killed a proven Innocent then you should be slayed for it if they decide to report you for it.
Find

(03-21-2018, 02:34 PM)MicroBoss Wrote:  If you killed a proven Innocent then you should be slayed for it if they decide to report you for it.

I'm confused on what you mean by this. Do you mean in this one specific scenario where an innocent kills a proven innocent? Or do you mean whenever an innocent kills a proven innocent in any scenario?
Find

(03-21-2018, 11:35 PM)Dreadark Wrote:  
(03-21-2018, 02:34 PM)MicroBoss Wrote:  If you killed a proven Innocent then you should be slayed for it if they decide to report you for it.

I'm confused on what you mean by this. Do you mean in this one specific scenario where an innocent kills a proven innocent? Or do you mean whenever an innocent kills a proven innocent in any scenario?

what he said
Find