Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Current and Future FRG Projects

I've been made aware that it's a bit difficult to find info on some of the interesting current and future projects I am working on, and their schedulings,  so I figured I'd make a post to indicate some stuff that is going on behind the scenes, and talk about some experimental changes I want to try on TTT. Do note - this list does not include the obvious seasonal events, cosmic bosses, or other smaller updates, those are to be expected. These are things that I've discussed in discord but not actually made any official statements about them.

Water Treatment Chambers

This is what I am currently working on. WTC is a standalone "parkour" and "jump puzzle" map, made by parade (coded by me).  I hope to release this later today, or tomorrow. You can read more about it in parade's thread here.

FRG TDM

I have commissioned Twentysix to develop a 'bare bones' TDM mode we can use to test out how an FRG TDM server would play out.

On FRG TDM all traits will be dampened pretty heavily. Players will have 'shields' that regenerate after a few seconds of not taking damage. Players can not have traits proc on them or die until their shields are depleted. Very similar to Halo style shields. The exact shield amounts and hp amounts have yet to be decided, and will be decided during the play tests (we will see what feels best).

We will be trialing this to see if it's fun. If it's fun it will probably stick around, if it proves fun enough I will add scroll progression and dailies to it.

FRG Survive 2 (working title)

Survive 2 has been delayed numerous times. I'm sure a lot of you are wondering why. Well I will outline exactly why, and why it's actually a positive thing.

At first survive 2 was supposed to just be... Survive 2. Pretty simple really - New map, new zombies, and a way to end the run via a boss fight. As you may know by now, when parade and I get passionate about something, we get a little ambitious and like to push the boundaries. This has caused Survive 2 to turn into so much more than just a sequel.  

Survive 2 is a rogue-like lite mode that is nearly entirely modular and supports multiple maps, and the way I have set it up allows every map to completely change how the mode functions. On top of that I made a web-based control panel we can use to tweak each maps cfg settings.

The core 'rogue-like' elements are presented to you in the form of upgrading weapons. When you spawn in, you will be able to choose one primary and one secondary weapon from a number of options presented to you.

Once you do that, you can upgrade each weapons stats via 'stat stations'. Fully upgrading a weapons stats will bump it up to the next rarity class (i.e. Rare -> Legendary). This serves 2 purposes; 1. It allows you access to more and better stats, making your weapon deal more DPS, and 2. It allows more trait slots and access to better traits.

You add traits to your guns via 'trait stations'. These will list a number of random traits on them, and their requirements to unlock. You will just select the one you want and it'll apply to your weapon!

There will be some really nutty builds you'll be able to do, which adds to replay-ability and the overall fun factor of the event.

That's just a couple bits of info about the event, and while it was definitely scope-crept(much like Tribulation was), I think it will be a better event because of that. I apologize for all the delays, but let me remind you that I am just one person and can't do everything at once!  I would rather delay something and have it be as good as it can be, than rush out something unfinished.

I plan to get back to work on this post-easter, but I am in no rush personally.

FRG Slayer

FRG Slayer is a fairly simple new persistent PVE mode I want to start developing this year. FRG Slayer will be a way to progress through things like the bm pass without needing to rely on other players to be online. The mode will focus on completing 'slayer tasks', which are assigned to you via an npc on the lobby. You will get a slayer task (which is kill x mobs), then be able to join the pve server and seek out the monsters and slay them. Completing a task will grant xp to all applicable sources, on top of slayer XP. Your Slayer Level will be used to determine what monsters you can actually fight and damage. This also includes a new series of bosses I will be making, that have unique loot. These bosses are still much to be decided, but definitely will need specific slayer levels to fight them properly (might even have rare boss slayer tasks).

FRG Boss Rush

That's right, FRG Boss Rush is still on the table. A few months ago I made some significant progress with player skill trees, it made things a lot more interesting and is one more step in the right direction.

BR needs more bosses, and unique loot to self sustain. But I definitely want to work on it over the summer.

Those are some of the main projects I want to work on this year. I don't know if I will accomplish all my goals this year, but I hope to.

Now on to some experimental changes I'd like to try on TTT. I am considering trying out some basic across-the-board trait dampening on TTT only to see how it impacts gameplay. I know some will be split on it, but I think it's pretty clear people aren't having fun on TTT much anymore. Some blame the traits, some blame sweaty people. So I think it might be interesting to test this. What do you guys think of this?

(02-13-2023, 03:03 PM)Brassx Wrote:  I know some will be split on it, but I think it's pretty clear people aren't having fun on TTT much anymore.

Hitting the nail right on the head here.
I'm personally incredibly excited for TDM for this exact reason, especially when most TTT sweats already treat the gamemode like it's a onesided TDM so I think it's about time we removed that ambiguity about who's on what side.

i NEED WTC
Find

Trait dampening on ttt might help but not 100 percent sure it will fix the issue, I think it’s more so along the lines of people wanting to kill so badly sometimes so like Mane said tdm might help a lot for players like that. I still have fun on ttt sometime. Otherwise I would of stopped playing it a while ago lol, but yeah trait dampening might help a little bit but I’m split on it actually doing any good or not. I would say just test trait dampening on ttt after we see how it works on tdm, to see if players will like that or not.
Find

(02-13-2023, 06:56 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote:  Trait dampening on ttt might help but not 100 percent sure it will fix the issue, I think it’s more so along the lines of people wanting to kill so badly sometimes so like Mane said tdm might help a lot for players like that. I still have fun on ttt sometime. Otherwise I would of stopped playing it a while ago lol, but yeah trait dampening might help a little bit but I’m split on it actually doing any good or not.

theres no reason to add trait dampening to everything, that literally just negates brass' point of saying that getting things to 6 trait will always be worth it and it will shit on everybody's guns because most people have 6 traits on their shit.
Find

(02-13-2023, 07:01 PM)Fear Wrote:  
(02-13-2023, 06:56 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote:  -snip

theres no reason to add trait dampening to everything, that literally just negates brass' point of saying that getting things to 6 trait will always be worth it and it will shit on everybody's guns because most people have 6 traits on their shit.
Yeah like that’s why I’m split on it. Trait dampening to EVERYTHING might be overkill. I think some players just have issues with certain traits on ttt from what I noticed and talked to people about. I’m not so sure on a good way on deciding which traits should be changed or adjusted in ttt tho.
Find

I love the idea of FRG Slayer. Kinda the same reason I like playing OSRS as well, its adds variety ontop of the mindless grinding.

TDM is interesting, I would love to try it. I think it could hit that Quake itch that my brain gets every once in a while.

I still have a blast on TTT, but I know I am different monster than most people. I think trait dampening will help make people feel like they have a chance against some of the more veteran players.
I am excited to see where this all goes either way.
Find

voslom update soon?