Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

DUST - A replacement to junk item drops in Seasonal Crates (and maybe others)

Catbox image: Imgur image: I'm gonna keep this short and simple, since my monkey brain normally wants me to make something overly complex and obtuse. I was talking to Dreadark, after seeing there was an ENTIRELY NEW SERVER opened just for crates (Honestly, should have just renamed TTT2 "Nobody goes on this one, just open crates here" instead, but, I digress), and I remember the annoying crap of getting a whole bunch of endless junk items from crates (especially seasonal madness openings) and clogging up the inventory (I mean, maybe a better system exists now, idk, I haven't played in years).

So I was thinking that all drops from (maybe just seasonal) crates that DID NOT HAVE A SEASONAL TRAIT (bolded for your pleasure) would instead be replaced with "Dust".
DUST would basically be a stacking "currency" (untradeable, so not REALLY a currency) that could be used in a "Dust shop" (clever, I know) in exchange for items someone might want.

Instead of, like, getting "Easter Shards" and then crafting more Easter Eggs and getting more Easter Shards, blech, you would get Dust instead. See the images I posted above for a REALLY HORRIBLY BAD MOCKUP I did in about 15 minutes in mspaint (My brain is slow, don't bully me.) So, uh, actually that's it. that's the gist really.

If people just want to buy more seasonal crate, they could turn their DUST into a tradeable rune or gem or something and then sell it to get more. Or keep/use them, whatever.
That's not like a complete list of "What dust would give" since Brassx is infinitely smarter than me and could tweak* (see: mutilate, but in a good way) this suggestion to fit more in line with FRG (Especially since I'm out of touch).

Also, as a disclaimer, again, "Junk item drops" is basically anything Legendary or below WITHOUT A SEASONAL TRAIT (I was told to emphasis that part, since FRG has a bright population of about 1% and an idiot population of a number I won't say here but its counterpart to 1%).
Dreadark helped me think of this, but like, if you hate the idea it was honestly mostly me and he didn't matter. If you like it though, he did most of the work.

*brassx pls fix idea to be good

shut the fuck up
Find

Terran suggestions still better than 90% of current frg players'. Godspeed
Find