Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Discord Ban Appeal

Steam Name (Current): Wizurdous

Discord Name: Wizurdous#9488

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:60139821

Steam Profile Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/badatvidiergames/

Name of staff you were banned by: Either Unpoke or Brass. I don't remember because it has been too long.

Length of the ban: Permanent

Would you like your ban shortened or repealed?: Repealed.

Reason for ban: Posted a gore meme.

Did you commit the actions stated in the ban reason?: Yeah.

What really happened?:
    I was bored and scouring random discord servers for memes. When I encountered the gore meme I did what I would normally do when a meme elicits a reaction from me: I reposted it. I didn't give the post any thought because rules on the discord were pretty up-in-the-air at the time. You have to remember we're talking about a time where you were allowed to say the N-word at will simply because it wasn't in-game. In one thoughtless ctrl-c ctrl-v I received a permanent ban. Pretty harsh when compared to the severity of in-game bans. For comparison, I only received a short ban for deliberately spelling out the N-word in a giveaway bag. Just for clarification on the in-game ban, I do believe my in-game ban should've been harsher. I also didn't do it for the sake of being racist. I was quitting at the time, and whilst depositing my inventory into the giveaway decided to enter that bag as a call back to my boy Rick.

To be honest with you, I don't know why I'm making this thread. I already know that this will crash and burn because that's exactly what happened last time. The last appeal went so poorly that I overreacted and deleted the whole thread before promptly quitting for probably the 5th time in my time on this server. Don't worry, I won't freak out again. I made sure to wait until I was in a state of mind where I could handle complete rejection. Which will happen. I already know that It's hopeless since even the manager makes fun of me and says he's glad I'm banned.
    All things considered, I have to try. Sure, from my perspective the odds are next to none but I just can't stand being banned. I'm excluded from countless conversations. I'm an inconvenience to parties that use the public event channels. I'm picked on whenever discord is even remotely mentioned. I'm barred from useful tools such as notifications, trade channel, the changelogs that detail even small changes. I have no heads up for things like tournaments. I can't get passwords for public tests. TLDR: shit sucks.
(Which punishment should.) A lot of these problems could be solved by me lurking on al alt, even Brass told me I could since there'd be no way to catch me. Problem is, It just wouldn't sit right with me to do that. That may sound blatantly stupid, but my base principles won't allow me to shirk my punishment for QOL improvements (especially not with the things I've done). Not to mention that it doesn't solve my two greatest sources of strife: Being excluded from conversations, and being picked on by everyone and their mother (even the staff!)

So far I've just been talking about myself. Which makes sense, considering that this is my ban appeal. However, it's not just about me. I should say that I'm sorry to everyone who clicked on the gore meme. I hope you've basically forgotten that video. I'm sorry to Brass and Grass for challenging them initially, whining about how the ban was unreasonable, and demanding that they lessened it. I must also thank them for not punishing me in-game for the offense. The truth is I did something dumb and didn't own up to it. I gave the staff team a lot of shit and for that I'm sorry.
I'm also sorry to anybody who actually read my appeal. My writing skills are abysmal.

Additional details: You should know about my problematic history on this server, even if it does not all relate to this appeal.
-I have already failed an appeal for this ban.
-I have a general history of toxicity.
-My member applications both failed because of negative reception.
-As previously mentioned, I received a short in-game ban for entering the N-word into the giveaway via Santa-bag.
-I tried to rig the first Unban Rick poll with the use of alts, friends who don't play, and even by bribing players with coins. Frankly, Brass should've punished me for this one when he caught me.

While I was gone I became conscientious of my toxic behavior, and have been working to improve myself. That doesn't change the things I've listed, but know that instead of being an asshole I'm mostly just annoying now.

Also, I didn't sleep. This is an impulse 6 o'clock decision.

i do appreciate the honesty and sincerity, and i imagine this punishment has been going for a long while considering it was probably in the period of time i wasnt playing then playing. i have played gmod with you many times since your return and i havent seen any issues. id be willing to give you a chance at a successful appeal +1
Find

+1 idk bro, in my time interacting with wizardous i find it crazy this guy is banned for toxicity but maybe thats because of my relatively short time being on FRG
Find

My personal take on how to deal with this is to just remove image perms and allow you to chat. I think that'd be fine. But what you posted to get discord banned was just utterly fucked up.
Find

Closed. Per Brassx request
Find