Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Event Throwing on Tribulation

(08-10-2021, 12:31 AM)Dominator Wrote:  dude ima be fully honest im not good at events but u kill outside of the bowl and do as much dmg even when ur not supposed to so u can brag at the end that ur in the top 3 even tho u dont help at all, u cant call others event grefing when u do these things.

1. When do I brag about being in Top 3, I think I've only seen myself once in top 3.

2. I don't know what me sometimes killing shit outside the bowls sometimes have to do when I do indeed want to boost my score so I can get better loot. Probably like much others. If I'm not killing near bowls sometimes its because I want to live, or maybe I don't want to drag a Captain or Lieutenant over and have it start harming them. Also I could care less now if you're not killing near a bowl sometimes, we all want better loot and that's understandable.

3. How is what I'm doing griefing when you're probably dead 90% of the time. I can positively say that with the most recent runs I may have died a few times due to mistakes made on my end. At least I can stay alive and contribute vs. being dead and then continue to say others are grieifing.

4. I also don't attempt to throw runs with the intention of joining other players who are more capable. That's what is the primary focus is of this thread.

I'm not trying to hate on you here at all. But when you start a run, only to notice that maybe a good chunk of good players aren't there. And somehow with some more experienced players, a self proclaimed god, and some noobs. It should've at least lasted longer than 9 minutes in my honest opinion. And to top it all off, without someone stating in discord the group was throwing.

But hey man. Me being in top 3, not dying, and bragging apparently is more important then throwing a run on purpose right.

(08-10-2021, 12:59 AM)cheny Wrote:  Benzo is really the only real issue here, not sure why anyone elses name (including mine) was thrown into this, I've been trying hard on the more recent trib runs as recently I've started to understand the event more and more, most runs I do fairly well, though it seems I've been the target of a lot of trib toxicity, though some of the people mentioning my name, I often do better then.
I would like proof of me requesting to throw the run in order to get in with the "better players"
I would also like to mention that, during one day where trib proc'd, every time we'd go into the event, multiple people on lobby would talk shit, and put down everybody in the group, I can drop names if necessary.
It's weird how you report people who aren't pros at the event, and then make fun of them as well instead of giving some advice.
Next time I'm in trib try to pay attention to the scoreboard, I'm never at the top, though I'm not near the bottom.

Threatening to name drop is funny honestly. But the reason why I included you name is you were a more experienced player in the run and Benzo had proceeded to say the group was throwing the run. Seeing that your name was in that run makes me believe you were also in that mindset and wanting the run to end, along with you immediately joining the next run as you got to lobby from the dead run has to say something.

Really it's word for word and If you say that you weren't, I have nothing else to do but assume that what you say is true. But the win after to that loss feels like a itty bitty shining light that it could've been possible that you did indeed have that mindset.

If you do indeed feel giving me a better understanding on what happened. DM me on Discord (Tango#0781), I have no hate going out, only anger about the mentality some people have who think that there time spent is more important and than mine and it's pointless for them to not try and learn the event (not directing this towards you)

For the comment about people talking shit in lobby. That happens quite a lot, I'm surprised you act like it's uncommon on FRG to happen when people are frustrated about certain outcome of events. Kind of has me dumbfounded a little bit

Im a weeb since I play Osu! aparrently, Enchantable's fault

Talked with Cheny privately. He clarified his end with me and will no longer be included in this report.
Im a weeb since I play Osu! aparrently, Enchantable's fault

There's a lot of bitterness between experienced people and less experienced people. I have a hard time empathizing with the former due to everything I've seen and heard while watching trib runs, publicly and privately. It really left a bitter taste in my mouth. As a spectator I could see everything that was going on, and while there were a few problematic players, there were plenty that weren't problematic at all, but some people really just got so toxic over the smallest things.

Though I did expect this behavior to an extent, thus why loot is based on performance.

People throwing runs is definitely not acceptable though, even if others are relatively toxic. This also brings up a question, if the entire server, or at least the super-majoirty, agrees to wipe at a point mutually, is that problematic? I'm not sure, I can see a few legitimate reasons as to why they'd want to do that and 'remake' the party/queue more or less. (People d/c, timeout, afk, or some have to leave, or something else comes up, etc) But it can suck if you're not in the majority and wanted to try a legitimate run.

Regardless, it's not fun if you want to have a serious run and people who queued for it just don't want anything to do with it. As I said in discord, there was a misconception that <20 people was not a viable amount of people for the event. It does get harder at lower counts, but just because it requires even more coordination and each person to carry their weight more. It's a good learning experience though.

I ultimately believe this issue will self resolve over time when the novelty of tribulation wears off for the majority of people. Dilapidation was pretty similar.

All of that said, there's really not enough conclusive hard proof here for me to do any major actions against the accused, and it's too early on to have accurate data/stats I can use to determine if they are repeat offenders or not. At best I can just issue a statement that intentionally throwing and trolling runs will lead to being banned from tribulation, that said, everyone has a different definition of what trolling/throwing is. It's something that needs to be reviewed on a per-case basis, especially based on prior reports/behavior. So please report people you think are trolling/throwing, even if you don't have a lot of evidence. It helps me build a profile of 'throwers' based on their trib stats, and that alone can be used to help prove someones accusation that someone else is throwing/trolling.

(You can report them privately via dm or pming me here)
Find

(08-10-2021, 12:31 AM)Dominator Wrote:  dude ima be fully honest im not good at events but u kill outside of the bowl and do as much dmg even when ur not supposed to so u can brag at the end that ur in the top 3 even tho u dont help at all, u cant call others event grefing when u do these things.

But he's not actively sabotaging the run like you did
Find

balls and cum, gentlemen
Find

https://discord.com/channels/278172280897404928/386257692278259712/876625602394857523

Little late but this is related
Find

(08-21-2021, 06:39 PM)Jaceper Wrote:  https://discord.com/channels/278172280897404928/386257692278259712/876625602394857523

Idk if you saw, but he legit apologized and said he had an emergency to attend to, I do not blame him at all.
Find

(08-21-2021, 08:25 PM)CoachGrump #SpreadPositivity Wrote:  
(08-21-2021, 06:39 PM)Jaceper Wrote:  https://discord.com/channels/278172280897404928/386257692278259712/876625602394857523

Idk if you saw, but he legit apologized and said he had an emergency to attend to, I do not blame him at all.

Im not talking about guangy, the clips is focused on dom legit killing himself bc he didnt want to play
Find