Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

FRG Tribulation

With the event now finally naturally procing, I figured I'd let everyone know it's live, and detail a few things about the event.

What is Tribulation?
Tribulation is a highly experimental event that was supposed to come out ages ago, but was postponed many times due to a large variety of reasons (lack of time being the primary). I was not working on it the entire time, but here and there. Anyways enough of that.

It is our hardest event yet, and up to 24 players can work together to tackle this challenge. I have completely recoded my entire mob and boss base from the ground up to be highly optimized and more engaging. I did a lot of work trying to make killing these things FEEL good and not nearly as boring as say, spiders on IoD.

Players are split up into Instances, max of 6 players per instance. Each instance has their own set of enemies, but some enemies are seen by everyone in every instance! Everyone outside your instance has locational voice chat, so using in-game voice chat to work with your instance is highly recommended. Beware, if an instance is wiped, all of its mobs are dispersed evenly to all other instances!

How do I join this event?
The Tribulation portal tries to open twice a day, once at 4am, and once at 4pm. Once opened, the portal STAYS open for 12 hours, letting players keep attempting it with little to no cooldowns on trying it.  Upon opening there will be a System message broadcasted to all servers and discord as well stating that it has opened.

All you do is head to the Tribulation section in the lobby and stand in there and you'll auto queue for one if applicable. If you fail to join the server, or crash, you can directly connect to the trib server or rejoin the lobby and type !ejoin.

Are there any cooldowns?
After 3 attempts, upon losing you will get a cooldown that is 5 minutes times your number of runs for that portal open duration. Upon winning you get a 6 hour cooldown.

How does Loot work?
The primary loot you will likely obtain are Tribulation Loot pouches, and Hell Shards found from the chests through out the event. These chests go on cooldown for 2 hours once you open them, allowing you to only obtain Hell Shards from them.

Rune of looting currently does not work here.

Players who do well, and don't die receive boosted loot.  The amount of shards players get is dampened based on how many runs they've done, and their performance.  (So you can't infinite farm shards from 1st chest, as an example)

I will not be disclosing what shards do at this time, but once I get a good idea on how many shards people will get during an entire portal duration, I'll disclose more.

What does ranking mean at the end screen?
Your ranking is relative to other players in the event.

3 stars = top 15% performance overall.  Dying subtracts from your ranking tier. (Bronze, silver, gold). Gold is pretty much only possible if you don't die.
Your performance is a measurement of many factors, skewed by how important I deem something. Dying subtracts a lot from your ranking, total damage, total kills, time alive, damage dealt to mobs who were 'absorbed', etc are all factors in your ranking.

As stated, some are more important than others(just getting a bunch of kills and not helping with objectives is not going to net you that much score) but I don't want to disclose the exact details obviously.

That should cover most of the basics, I'll be updating this post if I think of more things to add.

Good luck, and I hope you guys enjoy it.

pog trib
Find

we broke boss
Find

Thanks for all the hard work put into this. So far it's been very challenging and very fun learning how everything works.
Find

we love trib
Find

Happy Halloween!!!

Memes aside, this event is fucking sick. You did really good on this Brass

Find

so nooba so sucka so dumba
Find

Buying Mutable Glocks
Find

Finally we see how all the lore comes together!