The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 861 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 861 errorHandler->error

Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

The Mighty List of Fishing Update Ideas

Now that I have recently reached top 50 leaderboard fishing, I feel like I have an opinion on a fishing update.

Fishing at the moment is boiled down to getting two things, Rusty Keys or Loud Discombobs, but there could be a lot more to fishing in the future with how many I do see fish.

The two sections I'm going to put these into are changes/fixes and suggestions. Changes/fixes are going to focus on what is already in fishing, but could be changed or fixed to be a bit better. Suggestions are what could be in a fishing update at some point in the future.

CHANGES/FIXES
-Change the amount of tidals that are given within Rusty Keys

-Change the amount of tidals that can be given from fishing sequences (You are given one tidal even if you finish a 3 letter, 5 letter, or even 7 letter sequence)

-Change the price or buff the utility of the rods within the fishing shop (Most of the fishing rods you can obtain purely by fishing or for just a few thousand coins on the market are better than all the rods in the fishing shop)

-Fix bait sometimes not automatically disappearing once fully used (ex. https://i.imgur.com/DDAxwpw.png; sometimes this'll come out of the socket once fully used and sometimes automatically disappear as I believe intended)

-Change the amount of letters some certain sequences can have like Shark (Some shark sequences, mainly only the godlike sharks, have the same amount of letters as a stormforged sequence. Although godlike sharks are the best for fish bucks

-BUFF HYDRA (Was paid to say that)

SUGGESTIONS
-Rename "NoIdeaWhatToCallThisCurrency" to "Fish Bucks" or something simple

-Add new fishing-level specific items and drops

-Add "Lost Scrolls" as a fishing-level specific drop or kraken drop that can introduce recipes similar to inscribed tablets in TTT which include fishing recipes for new rods, bait, and other new fishing items.

-Add more items into the fishing shop like rods, baits, and maybe even some items needed to craft items from Lost Scrolls

-Allow for certain high tier rods to be "enhanced" by purely fishing with them, unlocking new abilities and additions to the rod, some of which can include
Chance for rod durability to not be used on a catch by x%
Chance for bait durability to not be used on a catch by x%
Increase the amount of fishing xp gained by a catch by x%
Increase the chance to catch bigger fish by x%

-Add new low to high tier fish based on fishing level, some of which can include
Dolphin (Desc : Squeak squeak.)
Whale (Desc : Impossible...)
Hammerhead Shark {Alternative} (Desc : HOLY DJINN! How did this get in the lake?!)
Clownfish (Desc : We found him.)

-A new assortment of "Addons" that can be put on some rods to increase or change something about them. Some of which can include,
Bait Synergizer, allowing for two baits to be used at once.
Wood/Metal/Steel Rod Handle, increasing the chance to not use rod durability by x% (depending on handle).
Treasure Singularity, giving an x% chance to double your reel rewards.
Reinforced Shaft, giving 50% more durability to your rod when equipped.
Tasty Bait, increasing catching rate by x%

-A new primordial gun type called Deep Sea, which has...
-10% to -20% Accuracy
5% to 15% Damage
-20% Deploy Speed
0% to 10% Firerate
0% to 10% Mobility
30% Stability
35% Reload Speed
Has two given traits :
*Deals x% more damage while underwater.
*Deals x% more damage to enemies with more than 5,000 Base Health.
Also has one secret trait in which you take no drowning damage. This is meant to be an interesting hydra alternative.

These are just a few of the ideas I have at the moment for a cool fishing update. I will add more if I see some really cool ideas.

Messages In This Thread
The Mighty List of Fishing Update Ideas - Phrot - 05-18-2020, 12:55 AM