The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 861 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.3.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 861 errorHandler->error

Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Requirements to apply for Beta Access(READ BEFORE POSTING)

•You must have at least 100 hours on FRG.
•You must be a Member or higher(for now)
•You must be on WINDOWS. ( NO other OS support just yet(coming soon))
•A better than potato computer
A potato for a Computer may not beable to run Voslom properly.

Prerequisites to Run the Voslom Client

You must download and install these(if you do not already have them):
(if you are on windows 10, scroll to the bottom for instructions)
-XNA 4.0 Framework
-.NET 4.0 Framework
-.NET 4.5 Framework

If you are on Windows 8 or higher, there may need to be some specific things you need to do to run XNA. Beaver had to do these, so I'm sure he can share what he did.

If you are accepted to be a Tester, you will see a "Voslom" icon appear at the very top of the Forums(where the Home/search/"Extras" button is). From there you will be able to create your account, and download the game's Launcher(which will download the Client/check for updates when ran).

Please fill out the simple Application below when applying:
Voslom Beta Access Application Wrote:Age:
Where did you hear about Voslom from?:
Why do you believe you should be granted access to Voslom?:
My Operating System:
Failure to answer any of the questions above may result in a Denied application

FAQ
•How secure is my Voslom account?
You can feel safe knowing that not even I can decrypt your password stored in the Database for your Voslom Account. The most I can do is change it. I won't go into details about how it's stored, but basically, the only way to Decrypt it is by already knowing the Original password(or trying to 'brute force it', but that would take A LOT of time). I still advise you to use a different password for it, as that's just a much safer practice in general.

•What kind of game is Voslom?
Voslom is a 2D(Sidescroling) Massively Multiplayer Online Hack n Slash game, where you and other players roam the world fighting various monsters, gaining experience, and hunting Loot. When you Level up your Character you get a Stat point, in which you can use to increase any of the Various character stats, which are listed below:

Strength - This increases how hard you can hit and helps you penetrate higher defenses.
Dexterity - This stat increases your hit accuracy(less 0's basically), and helps you penetrate higher defenses easier as well.
Stamina - This stat increases your max Stamina, and increases the rate at which your Stamina Regenerates.
Vitality - This stat increases your Max health.
Agility - This stat increases your move speed, and jump height. It may be a good idea to either farm for Agility specific items, or train this at first,
as you need a decent agility level to get to some areas in the World.
Defense - This stat can only be increased from Gear, the more defense, the more likely your opponent will hit 0's or lower damage on you.
Various armors and weapons give different bonuses to these stats.

•Can I give out access to my Voslom account?
I'd appreciate it if you do not do this. if you were granted access, it's because YOU were trusted. Not whoever you give the Account to.

•Are there any rules for Voslom?
-Be respectful to other players
-No hacking/cheating or exploiting.
-You are required as a tester to report any bug you may find, if it's not already known.

Failure to follow any of these may lead to your Voslom account being banned.

IF YOU ARE ON WINDOWS 10 FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
(12-05-2015, 10:47 PM)anangrybeaver Wrote:  Installation Instructions for Windows 8 and up

Step 1: Download the latest XNA Game Studio 4.0.X from https://msxna.codeplex.com/releases

Step 2: Extract the archive (XNA Game Studio 4.0.X.zip) to a location you can find.

Step 3: Beginning with folder 1 and so on, Install the contents of each folder. The first folder called DirectX will have a lot of files, but the one needed to be installed should be called DXSETUP.exe, all the other folders should only have one file.

Step 4: You're done. Download the VolsomLauncher and start playing!

Messages In This Thread
Requirements to apply for Beta Access(READ BEFORE POSTING) - Brassx - 11-26-2015, 02:17 PM