Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ways to add more uniques and variety

I do appreciate your forum post, Vhoxel, and I know I'm probably guilty of it too-

But you do realize that your entire first post was just a recap of how our drop systems work and the various ways you can drop items...?
There isn't really any content there.

Basically I'd have to agree with what Brass said. It's unfortunate, but a lot of the cooler guns that used to be rare and unique simply aren't anymore.
I remember when I first joined the server (sometime in 2013?) and I saw the glock-a-doodle-doo. It was rare back then, and I thought it was one of the coolest things I'd seen in a ttt server.
Then there was the Hylean Shield. I wanted one more than anything, because it blocked bullets and was a cool custom model. Back then, just a legendary was unbelievably rare. They had purposes and really cool custom abilities-
Nowadays, you really just want a heroic galil because it can blast someone's head off in two shots and fire 25 bullets in a second.

Two things make something coveted- Usability, and rarity. If it has neither, we grow bored of it rather quickly.

If I'm to be quite honest, rather than nerf galils, there is the option make some sort of gun-specific armor for TTT. Let's say, you have an armor slot, and it doesn't reduce general damage, but rather, damage from specific weapons, such as galils. That would put those using galils at a disadvantage, and force people to try different weapons to succeed due to armor/weapon advantages and combinations. If the meta were to switch to augs, the problem can fix itself automatically by equipping aug-based armor. There are some pitfalls to this, but meh.

This turned into a rather long essay. However...
I'm not against new uniques. They just need to make sense and be unique enough and useful enough to work in the TTT meta or event meta, which is really difficult without doing something like literally adding %boss damage.

Thanks for reading, kiddo
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ways to add more uniques and variety - Nivendo - 10-02-2018, 10:38 PM