Forerunner Gaming
Loot orb revamp - Printable Version

+- Forerunner Gaming (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Server Discussion (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Loot orb revamp (/showthread.php?tid=9928)

Loot orb revamp - The Suess - 11-18-2020

As it stands there is no real incentive to dump time and money into crafting/obtaining lucky/luck related items (Outside of events like survive, iod, and asylum)

Potential additions to loot orb drop pool:
Runes - Every rarity of rune (possibly even runes that are otherwise only event obtainable) would be obtainable through orbs.

Seasonal crates - Ranging in rarity these could supply a small handful to a sizeable cache of the running seasonal crates.

Forerunner Frags - While the bimonthly has supplied quite a comfy nest of frags for people to sit on it wouldn't hurt to explore this as an option.

Sealed Djinn - Given how rare Essence of Chaos is it would give some vague path to having a better chance at dropping one.

These are just a few ideas. I'm sure there are better ideas so if you have one please reply with it Smile

RE: Loot orb revamp - Danderp - 11-18-2020

yes add sealed djinn to loot orbs i want a 10 djinn stack this would make me farm survive

RE: Loot orb revamp - Nyte - 11-18-2020

The vast majority of these I disagree with.
XP Orb is not something I personally would want to see. It would just incentivize more sweat during discovery races which isn't fun for anybody. Not to mention the ability to stockpile these for upcoming passes for even easier discoveries sounds awful.
Seasonal crates: Maybe but it'd have to be quite limited still.
Map Enhancements: No for sure on this one. A lot of people already get sad when TTT has to go to Dilap and people manually increasing those odds wouldn't be good IMO.
Frags: Frags sort of already exist in abundance with the pass and we'd need a more consistent way of spending them for this to be relevant IMO. But it's something to keep in mind.
Djinn: Yeah honestly sure why not.

RE: Loot orb revamp - ZombieNinja975 - 11-19-2020

Agreed, orbs arent even exciting to get, ever since old monthlies were removed from drop pool there is no reason to even use lucky, definitively needs something, ANYTHING unique to them.

RE: Loot orb revamp - Manzy - 11-19-2020

Yes. Buff my Platinum Lucky Egg please

RE: Loot orb revamp - Phrot - 11-19-2020

Something in loot orbs (seasonal/non-seasonal) would give reason for the lucky trait to exist, because putting lucky a gun on the moment is saying "Can't wait to get 12 leviathans every round and occasionally have a gun that will be amazing for an event that may or may not have a loot orb item!"

All i'm sayin is there could or should be at least 1 loot orb seasonal item just to give reason to use lucky during events and perhaps a set of items for non-seasonal events that are relatively rare that could be in loot orbs all the time.

RE: Loot orb revamp - Nyte - 11-19-2020

I also want to add that Brass already has plans for a loot orb revamp. It's just a bit further back on his agenda. At the very least after xmas update. He has a lot of solid ideas for potentially exciting items to be in there and it is something he is aware of. I believe he already has it under control is basically what I'm saying. He is going to be very busy now with trying to push out both xmas and trib in a reasonable timeframe so I hope nobody pesters him too much about it.