Forerunner Gaming
Good Samaritan is too buggy for what it is - Printable Version

+- Forerunner Gaming (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Server Discussion (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Bug Reports (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Good Samaritan is too buggy for what it is (/showthread.php?tid=9719)

Good Samaritan is too buggy for what it is - Terran - 07-11-2020

FRG is a server with too many aoe suffixes or tools at your disposal. While I do good samaritan, it will fuck up unbelievably amount of times.

I was 21/25 and a detective. I saw a traitor with no-one around, so I shot at him. He killed me, but I didn't damage anyone
30 seconds later according to damage logs, another player killed him. Yet I did 25 damage to him - SOMEHOW - after having been DEAD for 30 seconds

My only clue is that maybe a djinn ball somehow hit him, but
a) I don't think djinn balls last for 30 seconds
b) I was dead for half a minute before he took the damage

Terran [detective] has damaged Eagle_The_Man_Zack [innocent] for 25 HP with an unknown weapon.

This kind of shit just makes it unbearable. I don't know if its a bug or something, but goddamn this quest sucks asshole. I can't use any of my fun guns, so I try to just keep a deagle on, but then I have to unequip any "bad" crystals.

Also, if you throw any grenade and someone walks OVER it, they can get STUCK on it and it'll deal 5 damage to them which resets good samaritan.

I threw a regen grenade, someone got stuck on it and they took 5 damage and I reset.
There's NUMEROUS other incidents.
Yes I'm FUCKING MAD

RE: Good Samaritan is too buggy for what it is - Terran - 07-12-2020

ALSO ALSO
I'D LIKE TO JUST MENTION HITTING SOMEONE IN THE F#%ING RIFT RESTARTS GOOD SAMARITAN TOO
FUCK CUNT
Killing a T as an Inno should count for, like, 3 steps at least. You're taking a HUGE risk shooting on an inno round.
Man this quest blows, it just makes it so unfun. Only good way to do it is 583472698 spring traps

RE: Good Samaritan is too buggy for what it is - HeisenBurger - 07-12-2020

Idk, I finish it without ever trying hard for it. The block buster makes it really trivial.

RE: Good Samaritan is too buggy for what it is - Terran - 07-12-2020

Also, for some reason even with like, 4-5 people playing you can't progress, so you can't do it when the server is more "chill" or downtime. I guess 6 is probably the minimum? Which sucks.

RE: Good Samaritan is too buggy for what it is - GhouldenGuy - 07-12-2020

I’ve suggested in the past to maybe have it set you back a percentage instead of back to 0, because fuck t baiters

RE: Good Samaritan is too buggy for what it is - Terran - 07-13-2020

(07-12-2020, 09:55 PM)GoldenGuy Wrote:  I’ve suggested in the past to maybe have it set you back a percentage  instead of back to 0, because fuck t baiters
Being baited is the worst too, but luckily if you get really mad they can be punished. But, yeah, that could work.

RE: Good Samaritan is too buggy for what it is - Divine - 07-13-2020

As long as youre playing TTT the way its meant to be played you'll complete the quest without even thinking about it worst case after like 5-6 maps, the quest is considered "hard" for a reason and i wouldnt want the quest to be dumbed down or have a handicap checkpoint system at the risk of losing the quantity fragments for doing a quest thats literally so easy as long as youre not rdming or kosing off location/weapon/etc.

if you have such a problem with the people that t-bait you, you can always report them for doing so as im fairly certain its against the rules. Assuming they are t-baiting you and youre not just being trigger-happy

Also you'll probably have a better time if you accept the quest and use whatever guns you want and just complete the quest naturally, i've done the quest with firework weapons and a glaedr so unless someone is targeting you with the intention to grief your good samaritan the quest is very doable

RE: Good Samaritan is too buggy for what it is - Terran - 07-13-2020

(07-13-2020, 09:45 AM)Divinedpk Wrote:  As long as youre playing TTT the way its meant to be played you'll complete the quest without even thinking about it worst case after like 5-6 maps, the quest is considered "hard" for a reason and i wouldnt want the quest to be dumbed down or have a handicap checkpoint system at the risk of losing the quantity fragments for doing a quest thats literally so easy as long as youre not rdming or kosing off location/weapon/etc.

if you have such a problem with the people that t-bait you, you can always report them for doing so as im fairly certain its against the rules. Assuming they are t-baiting you and youre not just being trigger-happy

Also you'll probably have a better time if you accept the quest and use whatever guns you want and just complete the quest naturally, i've done the quest with firework weapons and a glaedr so unless someone is targeting you with the intention to grief your good samaritan the quest is very doable
Did you read my post at all?
There's some things that are inexcusable.

Since reading probably isn't your strong suit, here's a few, summed up:

1) There's a problem where a thrown grenade, normal, non-damaging or whatever can cause someone to get stuck, causing them to take damage. Resets quest.
2) Shooting people in a place that doesn't do damage or affect karma, like the Rift, will reset the quest. If it doesn't affect karma, it shouldn't end the quest.
3) There's some sort of problem where I think Djinn Balls turn invisible and "linger" what seems to be permanently - I've noticed it in the past. (From the Crystal). That means a stray attack could leave it floating - Un-equipping the crystal works, but that's still a bug.

There are probably other issues I can't remember.
Not only that, but don't forget: Quests can be challenging, but they shouldn't be unf-un or unfair.
The title of my thread is, (Since you can't read), "Good Samaritan is too buggy for what it is". Not "Make good Samaritan just plain ol' easier".
My issue is the bugs!!!!

\salt
/rant

RE: Good Samaritan is too buggy for what it is - Divine - 07-15-2020

(07-13-2020, 11:04 PM)Terran Wrote:  
(07-13-2020, 09:45 AM)Divinedpk Wrote:  As long as youre playing TTT the way its meant to be played you'll complete the quest without even thinking about it worst case after like 5-6 maps, the quest is considered "hard" for a reason and i wouldnt want the quest to be dumbed down or have a handicap checkpoint system at the risk of losing the quantity fragments for doing a quest thats literally so easy as long as youre not rdming or kosing off location/weapon/etc.

1) There's a problem where a thrown grenade, normal, non-damaging or whatever can cause someone to get stuck, causing them to take damage. Resets quest.
2) Shooting people in a place that doesn't do damage or affect karma, like the Rift, will reset the quest. If it doesn't affect karma, it shouldn't end the quest.
3) There's some sort of problem where I think Djinn Balls turn invisible and "linger" what seems to be permanently - I've noticed it in the past. (From the Crystal). That means a stray attack could leave it floating - Un-equipping the crystal works, but that's still a bug.

Not only that, but don't forget: Quests can be challenging, but they shouldn't be unf-un or unfair.
The title of my thread is, (Since you can't read), "Good Samaritan is too buggy for what it is". Not "Make good Samaritan just plain ol' easier".
My issue is the bugs!!!!

\salt
/rant

Since reading isnt your strong suit Terran it makes sense you didnt see Goldenguy's message which is what a majority of my points were referring too, but thanks.

RE: Good Samaritan is too buggy for what it is - Terran - 07-15-2020

(07-15-2020, 12:29 AM)Divinedpk Wrote:  
(07-13-2020, 11:04 PM)Terran Wrote:  

My issue is the bugs!!!!

\salt
/rant

Since reading isnt your strong suit Terran it makes sense you didnt see Goldenguy's message which is what a majority of my points were referring too, but thanks.
Quote function exists buddy.