Forerunner Gaming
[Buff] Polarity - Printable Version

+- Forerunner Gaming (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Server Discussion (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: [Buff] Polarity (/showthread.php?tid=9715)

Pages: 1 2

[Buff] Polarity - Danger [no audio] - 07-10-2020

Currently, the gun feels very underwhelming to use and is outmatched by a lot of guns even at it's max damage.
Problems:
-Low DPS (While uncharged)
-Massive Sway (Makes it extremely difficult to track and have the benefit of the ability)

Possible Solutions:
-Reduce the Sway
-Make it charge based on time, not damage (Meaning the longer it's held down the more damage it will do)
-Increase the base damage
-Reduce the penalty from missing (Meaning your damage bonus will not reset if you miss for 0.1 seconds)

Right Click:
Entire useless currently and should be completely reworked.

Hold Right Click to "Charge" Polarity (30-40 second cooldown)
After held down for a few seconds unleash a massive destructive beam ("Corona Discharge") for a few seconds.

Thank you for reading. Cool

RE: [Buff] Polarity - edit - 07-10-2020

No

RE: [Buff] Polarity - BreadedMilfHunter - 07-10-2020

Danger is a scammer but +1 to polarity changes

RE: [Buff] Polarity - HeisenBurger - 07-10-2020

I personally like the left click, but the right click ability was rushed because I didn't really have a concept for it and didn't get one to brass. I think the sway change was also not good since it wasn't even overpowered to begin with but people were cry baby bitches about it.

Maybe the right click should be something like, after dealing a certain amount of damage with the polarity, hold right click to unleash a max damage beam wherever you point at, and whatever hitbox you're hitting with the right click is weakened which allows other players to do more damage to that part of whoever/whatever you're hitting? It's meant to be a strong PvE secondary and I think this would give it some actual use in both PvE activities and TTT. EDIT: after i thought about it for a second, max damage beam is very strong and would shit on everyone in TTT

Or have the ability to pop the polarity ball with only the beam, which deals damage to anyone in the area of it. If it hits directly, it instantly explodes and weakens the target to further attacks from players?

RE: [Buff] Polarity - Phiwip - 07-10-2020

Tbh the jittering of the polarity should be removed, about 99% of secondaries can kill faster than this gun and it feels very underwhelming after being nerfed. Either remove jitter or increase damage ramp up speed.

RE: [Buff] Polarity - Terran - 07-10-2020

How hard did it get nerfed before? I remember a player with a dual suffix one wiping the server easily. I've never used one so I can't comment otherwise on it.
If anything is done, guns should be made stronger but harder to use. Sway sounds like a good balance for a high damage laser.
Which is why +sag shouldn't exist.

(07-10-2020, 08:33 PM)Terran Wrote:  How hard did it get nerfed before? I remember a player with a dual suffix one wiping the server easily. I've never used one so I can't comment otherwise on it.
If anything is done, guns should be made stronger but harder to use. Sway sounds like a good balance for a high damage laser.

It wasn't the fact that the polarity was strong, it just so happens that it procs suffixes really easily. That's why it got nerfed, and it was so stupid because a glock a doodle do procs suffixes just as good as the polarity. The sway is really weird and ruins it past close range because losing your aim for any amount of time just instantly ruins your damage.

RE: [Buff] Polarity - Terran - 07-10-2020

(07-10-2020, 09:21 PM)HeisenBurger Wrote:  
(07-10-2020, 08:33 PM)Terran Wrote:  How hard did it get nerfed before? I remember a player with a dual suffix one wiping the server easily. I've never used one so I can't comment otherwise on it.

It wasn't the fact that the polarity was strong, it just so happens that it procs suffixes really easily. That's why it got nerfed, and it was so stupid because a glock a doodle do procs suffixes just as good as the polarity. The sway is really weird and ruins it past close range because losing your aim for any amount of time just instantly ruins your damage.
I didn't die to the suffixes on it affecting me, it was just the gun that killed me in .2 seconds. Never used one before or after nerf though. The sway sounds good, you should have to aim and compensate, but if its weak then that's dumb - make it strong and hard to use. That used to be FRG's motto, then we added +sag and everything became a joke.

(07-10-2020, 10:31 PM)Terran Wrote:  
(07-10-2020, 09:21 PM)HeisenBurger Wrote:  

I didn't die to the suffixes on it affecting me, it was just the gun that killed me in .2 seconds. Never used one before or after nerf though. The sway sounds good, you should have to aim and compensate, but if its weak then that's dumb - make it strong and hard to use. That used to be FRG's motto, then we added +sag and everything became a joke.

It's not stronger than any gun on the server, and i'd be willing to bet it doesn't kill in .2 seconds.

RE: [Buff] Polarity - Brassx - 07-11-2020

It can kill in 0.2 seconds with headshots included. But so can MANY other weapons. Polarity maxes out at 200dps, but thats after ramping up the damage. The average kill time is less than a second though for sure. If anything I could tone down the sway anyways cause I never thought that was an issue. That was the only thing I nerfed about it, I didn't ever think it was too strong but I got almost daily complaints about polarity being a BS point and click pistol laser gun, so I don't plan on buffing it.

FRG's opinions of things flip flop so much though..