Forerunner Gaming
Mauimods' toxicity - Printable Version

+- Forerunner Gaming (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Server Discussion (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Complaints (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+---- Forum: Resolved (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Mauimods' toxicity (/showthread.php?tid=9506)

Pages: 1 2

Mauimods' toxicity - J. "Big Iron Bastard" McSixShoot - 04-04-2020

Steam Name of Offending Player(s): Mauimods

Steam ID of Offending Player(s): STEAM_0:1:50219225

Map the event happened on: Multiple

Date of event: 4/4/20

What Happened?: I've been playing a lot recently and whenever I'm in with Mauimods he always seems to be one of the more toxic players in the community. from constantly belittling other players by calling people retarded or just harassing people because of a small disagreement. Something that sticks out to me is him breaking the rules and never accepting that he was wrong. If he gets killed off of location he'll report the person that killed him and keep it, then when he koses off location and gets reported he'll say something like "It wasn't location, it was knowledge" and then insult the player for keeping the report on him.

In general hes a very toxic player and multiple people complain about how he acts towards others and will also say he is incredibly toxic.

Though I don't have much proof I decided to add him saying "ok cry about it" after I told him I watched him map exploit on purpose. I know its not much but I guarantee others will agree with me.
Witnesses:

Evidence:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2047205658

RE: Mauimods' toxicity - john fart - 04-04-2020

now, i know ive been toxicity banned before, so my opinion wont mean much, and it is pretty ironic i try to get in on situations like this, but ive been trying to change myself and it is difficult being surrounded by toxicity day in day out on FRG, but im still gonna give an opinion here.

now, i will laugh with mauimods from time to time in situations but overall his toxicity and constant RDM is insane, he gets into arguments everytime hes on the server, and everytime he just keeps going and keeps throwing insults until the person leaves or he does, even sometimes starting arguments just for fun, not gonna lie, one of the most toxic players on FRG in my 4 years of playing here...

toxicity is one thing, but when its paired with constant purposeful RDM that he ALWAYS says is crossfire, im confused on how he isnt banned, i have been "crossfired" by mauimods probably 5+ times, everytime the situation is the same, im shooting a T i called out, mauimods will run into the room, kill me, and then kill the T, everytime he claims its crossfire, for 3 of those times (i counted each time) i checked the deathscene and wanted to see how it could be crossfire, it simply couldnt, i have confronted him on it each of those 3 times, and each time it goes from "crossfire", to "i just shoot who i see first", the story changes each time, not to mention countless other people that complain of his RDM, one being Zapp, who complains that mauimods will RDM him atleast once every single time theyre both on TTT, just overall making it an unenjoyable experience.

mauimods needs to be dealt with now, his constant toxicity paired with constant RDM is too much, i have never seen a day where he isnt toxic...

ok, so it turns out i clipped one of the times mauimods did this "crossfire" thing, i was the traitor in this situation so you can see it a little better, what you gotta focus on in this clip is the fact he gave no effort to ID Zapps body, he knew i was the traitor, instead of going to ID the body of the man he killed, he went straight to shooting me, just changing spray, he knew zapp was inno, he just needed to confirm his kill on me, the audio towards the end is important too, sorry for being so loud compared to everyone else in this clip.

RE: Mauimods' toxicity - Not John Smith - 04-04-2020

I blocked Maui ingame and on Discord, so I don't really have an issue there anymore other than when people will message me telling me he's saying this or that about me or my brothers. Before that though, when I first came back to FRG, he was extremely toxic. He will belittle someone CONSTANTLY without shutting up for minutes, and when the person says anything back he'll belittle them further and in the end of the situation when someone complains that he's being toxic he'll say something like, "It's just a prank bro! I'm just messing bro! Don't take it so seriously bro!" Or something along those lines, definitely not a direct quote. There's the argument that he's just joking that I've heard a few people say, well his 'joking' has gone way too far at times, and he needs to be held accountable for his constant belittling of new and old players. The only time he's ever nice to you is if you have an item he has his eyes on, past that, I'm not sure I've ever heard him be kind to someone and I mean that seriously.

There are days that I think the server would be better off without Mauimods on it, but if someone could just get through to him and he could understand that his constant toxicity ISNT FUNNY, and he could just chill a bit, no more constant belittling, than he'd be a fine member of this community. If he continues to belittle everyone around him without mercy though, I think stronger actions than a warning should be put in place.

Also to add onto Cheny's response, I also have had a handful of issues involving Maui's "crossfire" where I will have called out a Traitor in voice and text chat, am in the process of killing said traitor and Maui, as an innocent, will gun me down, then gun the traitor down. This has happened multiple times.

RE: Mauimods' toxicity - Davdo - 04-05-2020

I haven't the experience when it comes to the "crossfire" situations. That being said, many of the interactions I've had with Maui have been sort of in a grey area. I don't have much of a problem with him, but there are things that should be addressed if it has gotten to this point in a player report.

From what I have gathered he has very dry humor and likes to banter, a lot. Many times when he has bugged me is when he tries to make obscured accusations or insults and then runs with it. However, it wouldn't take long for me to understand he couldn't possibly be serious about it.

I think he'd benefit from toning down this type of "jokey" behavior. I understand the humor behind it, but usually I reserve it for friends who have known me for a while, so it isn't offputting. I don't exactly like how he treats others most the time, but if I really had a problem with him, I would just block him and call it a day.

With all that being said, if he has a trigger finger when it comes to offing someone at the end of a one on one duel, he should probably cool it a bit as well.

RE: Mauimods' toxicity - Tactical Pikachu - 04-05-2020

So here my honest opinion on all of this.
The toxicity stuff? you guys do know hes joking right? its all fuckin banter, even his tone should tell you hes just joking, if you have a problem with it just block him.
Now the RDM stuff, i havent seen him do it much outside of our little friend group where that shit happens alot and where we understand that we are okay with it.
Overall i think there are some cases where hes been in the wrong but over all i dont think hes that bad.

RE: Mauimods' toxicity - Enchantable - 04-05-2020

personally, and i really haven't been playing much, i don't see him as remotely toxic. every time i see him being complained about it's just him messing around saying things in a tone that is obviously kidding. if that offends you somehow, then just block him? it's not like he's actually targeting/trying to instigate anyone.

also, as for all the evidence in this thread, it's really insufficient. glitch's screenshot is so obviously a joking retort to being accused of something, and then in cheny's video he wasn't sure who the traitor was so he was trying to maximize the chance he killed the traitor. sure that might be a bit kill hungry but i don't see how that's inherently "rdm", especially not something that should be used as evidence against him in this report.

i think some actual evidence of his "toxicity" should be brought forth before anything is done cuz i haven't seen jack shit in the time i've played with him which is at least 20-40 hours

RE: Mauimods' toxicity - Bri - 04-05-2020

Here's my opinion / outlook on this thread and mauimods.

Maui is overall a newer player, that is not an excuse for everything he does in a day but at the end of the day I don't know if anyone has messaged him or talked to him about how serious all this could get. Most of the time I just hear arguing back and forth between Maui and the victim. Maui does play the server a lot, and I have been rdm'd by him before and most of the time I had to handle my own report because there was no other +member or staff online. I could be mistaken but I don't think any staff has really tried to seriously talked to him to let him know that he can't keep acting how he does and doing what he does. I know its common sense at the end of the day not to RDM and don't be blatantly toxic to others but what one person finds funny and jokes, another might not. With that being said I think a warning needs to be handed out to Maui about all the actions in the past 2 months of his playtime and he should know if he keeps it up then a ban is coming his way.

Side Note: I am not going to use this thread to throw shade at specific people or throw anyone else under the bus but this report was the first in a while about a situation like this, but there is a couple people that come to mind that have been here for a lot longer than Maui, and do a lot worse than Maui (in my opinion) that haven't been properly reported or warned either. So I don't think it would be fair to ban hammer Maui without assessing others that act along the same lines as Maui.

RE: Mauimods' toxicity - DONGERWEED29266602592O3852309764 - 04-05-2020

maui is infuriating to talk to or be on the receiving end of his toxicity. he is toxic often, to anyone he can be, and tries to instigate as much as he can because he's just a troll. you can see this reflected pretty well in his denied member app ratings and comments.
if you argue back he will say that you're taking it too seriously and that it's just a prank.
if you don't he will continue being toxic to you.

he honestly has stopped me from joining the server on a few occasions, which only brings callbacks to rick in my mind, and he was dealt with pretty harshly.
something has to give, because he's a total asshole, if nothing else.

RE: Mauimods' toxicity - Vhoxel - 04-05-2020

one of the few people that managed to have me make use of the !block command. a pretty huge feat if you ask me.

also same cancer guy that purposely runs around behind me while I'm using an azuredge and shoots me the moment it's proc happens because I "damaged him"

RE: Mauimods' toxicity - Trashcan - 04-05-2020

When i play and hes on hes nice to me and i know when hes joking i havent had a problem with him rdming or what seal said but i dont play alot of ttt i mean when no one would take me on iod he offered 10k if theyd bring me hahhaha.