Forerunner Gaming
Changes/Feature to 5050 - Printable Version

+- Forerunner Gaming (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Server Discussion (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Changes/Feature to 5050 (/showthread.php?tid=8958)

Pages: 1 2

Changes/Feature to 5050 - Major Mon Marky Mark - 09-16-2019

In response to a recent complaint, I noticed regarding Mystery. I have also noticed some players starting to use 5050 as a way to deal with gambled trades. (I do not know anything of the scenario fyi)

SO as a result, I think there should be a 5050 function to gamble items as well as money. Personally I don't like the idea, but it definitely would be a fix to avoid tragedies like this. I'm not a big fan of gambling, but gambling is definitely a staple feature of TTT servers.

This feature would be the same 5050 but includes a function to add items from the inventory into the system.
Could function similar to how market and 5050 takes the item from your inventory and deals out the item whenever the winning player is online.

Include adding items and coins at the same time.

BIGGEST ISSUE: with 5050 money placed into the system is the same for both players, so when it comes to items this will be the biggest issue. (You're not going to 5050 a finality for a finality OR a Finality for 35k)

POSSIBLE FIX:
  • Have only the 5050 creator be able to gamble the item and when someone enters they will be warned they cannot back out and the creator must accept whether or not they agree to the offered 5050.
  • The UI would be similar to trade except it is 5050. Both players enter an item/items + coins into a 5050 and they both must be present/online for the exchange and accept each others' items (or after logging in, + 1 minute, a prompt pops up that someone entered an item for your item 5050)

The biggest issue is how the item exchange would work because this wouldn't deal with the same amount a coins
IE: 100 coins vs. 100 coins; Custom Item of Random worth vs. Custom Item of Random Worth /Random amount of coins

My opinion overall is Good Idea, difficult to implement/balance; time to eat my burger.

RE: Changes/Feature to 5050 - Jake1o - 09-16-2019

I said the same thing to Brass a few days ago. +1

RE: Changes/Feature to 5050 - Phiwip - 09-16-2019

The item 5050 could be done like the duel UI. Where the parties can agree to set terms, such as Best of and wheel speed. Both parties would need to accept the terms and what is put in before it begins.

RE: Changes/Feature to 5050 - IJC Soul - 09-17-2019

Would love to see this added because im kind of a gambling man myself. Would make item gambling more safe

RE: Changes/Feature to 5050 - Major Mon Marky Mark - 09-17-2019

(09-16-2019, 11:27 PM)Philip Wrote:  The item 5050 could be done like the duel UI. Where the parties can agree to set terms, such as Best of and wheel speed. Both parties would need to accept the terms and what is put in before it begins.
Yeah thats what I was trying to get at, but forgot how to word it "both parties would need to accept the terms"

RE: Changes/Feature to 5050 - Dreadark - 09-17-2019

as opposed to only one party needing to accept the terms.

but yeah this is a pretty good idea and would make for more entertaining gambles than just coins.

RE: Changes/Feature to 5050 - Kazen - 09-17-2019

Maybe if you could do a 50/50 similar to a trade window? For example, player A could put in a finality as you used as an example, and player B could put in 500k and a Dark Matter or something. Just allow up to 8 slots of items on each side and use already existing code if possible from the trade menu to host the items for the 50/50 and then transfer the items to the winner.

RE: Changes/Feature to 5050 - Phiwip - 09-17-2019

(09-17-2019, 08:13 PM)Kazen Wrote:  Maybe if you could do a 50/50 similar to a trade window? For example, player A could put in a finality as you used as an example, and player B could put in 500k and a Dark Matter or something. Just allow up to 8 slots of items on each side and use already existing code if possible from the trade menu to host the items for the 50/50 and then transfer the items to the winner.

*Cough* vvv
(09-16-2019, 11:27 PM)Philip Wrote:  The item 5050 could be done like the duel UI. Where the parties can agree to set terms, such as Best of and wheel speed. Both parties would need to accept the terms and what is put in before it begins.

RE: Changes/Feature to 5050 - big mike - 09-17-2019

+1 i dont wanna see situations like the ones going on right now continue to go on, this would be a perfect fix imo

RE: Changes/Feature to 5050 - Jake1o - 09-18-2019

Brass already said hes gonna do it guys.