Forerunner Gaming
New Misc/Det item - Printable Version

+- Forerunner Gaming (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Server Discussion (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: New Misc/Det item (/showthread.php?tid=8628)

New Misc/Det item - wind - 07-02-2019

New idea for a misc item or det item like iqs gadget from rainbow six

Basically if you havent seen or played r6 when using iqs gadget you can see electronic devices on the map. This misc would do the same but it would highlight things like remote bombs or c4 or door busters etc in a small cone in front of you. could legit use something like the detectives camera as the gadget you ads with it and it would highlight the them either how it shows up for t buddies or like iqs gadget

Det camera for those who havent used it (ignore my fov when scoped in with it)

iq's gadget example

RE: New Misc/Det item - big mike - 07-02-2019

+1 doesn't seem like a bad idea, but the range should be pretty limited and it should have a limited amount of use

RE: New Misc/Det item - Kazen - 07-03-2019

I'm going to -1 this one, I think it's a bad idea in general. Detective is already fairly powerful when they find an electronic device considering they can dna scanner it and overall I feel this would be a little too op on certain maps.

RE: New Misc/Det item - wind - 07-03-2019

(07-03-2019, 02:12 AM)Kazen Wrote:  I'm going to -1 this one, I think it's a bad idea in general. Detective is already fairly powerful when they find an electronic device considering they can dna scanner it and overall I feel this would be a little too op on certain maps.

Hence why i said a small cone in front of them. If they can hear the c4 theyd know it was there anyways. c4 has a decent audio range anyways to warn people so being able to find where it his with a misc/det item would not be op at all

RE: New Misc/Det item - Kazen - 07-03-2019

My main concern was the "electronic devices", I don't think C4s and doorbusters are such a big deal but decoys and teleporters, etc are. The main concern would really be electronic devices currently in the traitors inventory because it'd basically be a free traitor tester that works in a cone. I'd also argue stuff like decoys could be made more worthless too although I don't know too many people who still use them. I'd be fine with it assuming it doesn't work with every electronic device a traitor could own. I can see limited utility for stuff like C4s where it could be useful depending on the map like clue for instance. My -1 was mainly thinking it could also apply to electronic devices on a traitors person because it'd be a free mass traitor tester.

RE: New Misc/Det item - wind - 07-03-2019

ofc it wouldnt work on things in their inventory that doesnt make any sense. i didnt mean exactly iqs ability i meant things that are placed including even barnacles or things of that nature