Forerunner Gaming
[Change] Mobility Trait/Mobility stat combo - Printable Version

+- Forerunner Gaming (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Server Discussion (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Buffs, Nerfs, and changes. (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=81)
+---- Thread: [Change] Mobility Trait/Mobility stat combo (/showthread.php?tid=8155)

[Change] Mobility Trait/Mobility stat combo - Dreadark - 03-19-2019

With the "gain mobility on kill" trait on guns, people can gain some pretty ridiculous speeds combining it with high mobility stats on their guns. I'm talking 70% mobility increase and jesus christ that is very annoying to fight against and seems a little too fast to make sense. What if a possible change was to make the mobility trait on weapons so that it doesn't stack with any mobility stats. So a flat 40% mobility increase on default movement speed, no matter if the weapon you have out has -15% mobility or +35%. I'm thinking most people would probably dislike this idea, but I'm curious to see people's thoughts on this change. It would benefit low mobility weapons with the trait but hinder high mobility weapons with the trait.

The idea is to basically just make the mobility trait not stack with mobility stat on weapons. Curious to see thoughts.

RE: [Change] Mobility Trait/Mobility stat combo - Terran - 03-19-2019

The word from the bird's beak is the truth. The Mobility trait has felt unbalanced to me for a long time, and I really don't think FRG is meant to have such high movement speeds. It just makes it difficult to play against or with, and really messes with how fights should play out. Even worse is combining it with the Sweaty trait, which just breaks things.

This would give more benefit to guns that people frown upon, yet not make the crazy stuff ridiculous (or let people, say, switch from a mobility enhancement to fists of the djinn or something).

All-around great idea!!! +1

RE: [Change] Mobility Trait/Mobility stat combo - Jerk Butt - 03-20-2019

No sorry, just aim better. -1

RE: [Change] Mobility Trait/Mobility stat combo - Jake1o - 03-20-2019

It has a timer for a reason. Also when you get a kill with your initial mobi boost already in use it doesn't add time. For that reason I think it is fine. If it continued to add time when you got kills now THAT would be OP.

RE: [Change] Mobility Trait/Mobility stat combo - Jerk Butt - 03-20-2019

I'll go into depth about this since my response was serious, but also a little meme-y.

Mobility trait is something I specialize in, I collect, I love. I have over 250+ weapons with the trait itself, and thus my bank is crying for more storage space. Am I biased? Maybe.
Do I know more about the trait than you? I would say so.

Here's the thing.
Your suggestion is to make it a flat 40%, no additive, no nothing. If the weapon has high mobility, it doesn't matter, if it has negative, it doesn't matter. They all become 40%.

Here's the thing. Weapons that have high mobility already on them are balanced around that fact. What you're suggesting is weapons such as demonic, vengeful, eerie, crystallized etc etc. ALL very powerful tiers based upon the fact
that they go for power and damage while sacrificing mobility. if these tiers have mobility on kill they all become positive mobility for 25 seconds. Even though any weapon with neutral or positive mobility would have more mobility than these weapons, they are now powerhouses full of damage and mobility. What you're suggesting would BUFF the very REASON the tiers are BALANCED. Seems dumb in retrospect huh?

This goes both ways, weapons with higher mobility usually come with damage or firerate downsides, Why are those going to be punished for the very fact of what they're balanced for even without the trait?

Lets talk about mobility itself.

It's been calculated that the highest mobility you can reach would be somewhere around 140% + ???.

This would be with 3 mobility trait weapons all proccing in 3 kills, Fists of djinn or sand gauntlet aswell as the ??? unconfirmed additive speed that is snowglobe.

That's a lot of prep time. For only at most about 5 seconds of maximum speed IF THAT.

You're suggesting that they're annoying to fight against, however. You're only taking into account your own aim. Sure, maybe you can't adjust your aim well enough to hit someone going nearly three or four times your speed.
You're not taking into account the time limit on that, their own aim being impacted by the speed given and their own skill being put into play. If they can adjust their aim to hit someone while going at that speed, why can't you?

It's one of the only skill rewarding traits, and is only awarded for actually killing someone. It's supposed to be used as an escape tool first, then a tool for killing second.

Mobility is a first class escape tool for traitors, don't suggest nerfing it because someone was going too fast for you to get your last challenge kill.

RE: [Change] Mobility Trait/Mobility stat combo - Dreadark - 03-20-2019

(03-20-2019, 09:27 PM)Supreme Chad Thundercock Wrote:  lots of text

You could be right, despite as condescending as your response came off. I didn't make this thread off one experience, it just generally seemed like some speeds people reached were way too fast to be fair or make any sense in a game of TTT. I love the mobility trait too, but using it feels like a huge advantage, especially paired with high mobility weapons. It makes it a trait which every other trait pales in comparison to, TTT wise, imo. You make some good points though, I just brought up this idea to see if its something anyone else would want since its something that's been on my mind.