Forerunner Gaming
Zombie survival - Initial Feedback/First Impressions? - Printable Version

+- Forerunner Gaming (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Server Discussion (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: General (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Zombie survival - Initial Feedback/First Impressions? (/showthread.php?tid=7893)

Pages: 1 2 3

Zombie survival - Initial Feedback/First Impressions? - Brassx - 01-19-2019

So we've done some testing of the gamemode and I'd like to gather your feedback on it.

Do we keep it, or do we scrap it? If you guys think the gamemode is interesting enough to keep, I will integrate our Inventory into it with drops and all that stuff. Tie in leveling with it in someway, etc. So do you think it's worth it?

We had the server up for only a shortwhile and quite a few first-time-players have joined FRG. It seems like it may be a smart move to expand to it, ONLY if you guys want to play it though. Personally, I think it's a great change up from TTT, and I am interested in playing it myslef.

Second, if you think we SHOULD keep it. What do you think should be changed to make it a better experience in general?

(The IP IS: 192.223.30.21:27117 )

RE: Zombie survival. - Ace - 01-20-2019

I was really enjoying the gamemode as a person with very minimal zombie survival knowledge/experience. I did feel that the hit reg was very off with most shots going through zombies at close range and headshots were basically impossible. Another gripe I have is that the progression as far as I can tell is too hard to get points for more weapons and the starting selection is very lackluster. I really like the idea of a skill tree to progress through and hope it is possible to expand on and add more interesting things into it. I hope it stays and fleshes out more to be unique like FRG is.

RE: Zombie survival - Initial Feedback/First Impressions? - Brassx - 01-20-2019

The hitreg won't be much of an issue once I port the FRG Hitreg system to it.

RE: Zombie survival - Initial Feedback/First Impressions? - Kuro - 01-20-2019

I'd like to say that besides a few technical issues at the beginning I had quite a lot of fun zombie survival today.

Something about the community doing something a lot of us don't have much experience with made it a lot more fun and exciting. It felt comparable to a new event releasing.

I'll give it some time before I decided whether or not I like it. Many things about ZS feel foreign to me, there's a lot of things I don't understand about the game mode.

One thing I'm not sure about is how the inventory can play a role in ZS, or how ZS will play out for FRG as a whole.

New gamemode means new players to potentially introduce to FRG, which would be better than TTT which is absolutely suffocated ATM.

RE: Zombie survival - Initial Feedback/First Impressions? - TJ1524 - 01-20-2019

I enjoyed Zombie Survival before this was announced. I've played it and had enough knowledge to understand how to play.
  • The guns in game didn't feel great as they don't feel like they had enough ammo to get to wave 2 and humans were never close to winning the survive maps.
  • Melee is kind of awful.
  • Sometimes the sigil maps were just impossible to protect all three of them. Which just snowballs the rounds fast.
  • Points feel like they don't exist. Only way to get them in larger numbers was to hope someone was using your ammo crate all of the time.
  • Guns didn't spawn on maps that needed it.
  • EXP was disappointing because only one person gets the kill. Damage should be for EXP.
  • One round I had the alt button stuck on my screen so I couldn't move or shoot and had to retry in console.

Overall, It's might be better once the inventory gets put in, but we can't get enough points to get anywhere in the survive maps. If you spend any points on silly stuff, you will die from not being able to kill ANYTHING. This is coming from 0 sp spent. I still had fun when there was a lot of people on.

Yea I agree. The vanilla gamemode seems really difficult to build up points. I don't think I ever got anymore than like 40 points. I'm not sure how you're expected to get any of the cool stuff like that.

I can make as many changes as needed though to the gamemode's files to fine-tune it to be a more enjoyable experience. I haven't played it in a very long time, so I'm not really sure how things work with the current version, or how you're expected to get large amount of points. Maybe we just suck to the point we can't survive long enough?

How I'm thinking Inventory will be integrated: You can buy any item from your Inventory via the points shop, but items in your loadout will be much cheaper. You can't equip/unequip items to/from your loadout during active rounds, only inbetween waves or as a zombie.

I can also add more boss types, tweak zombies as needed, etc. It's really just up to you guys. If you think it's fun enough to expand to, then I will put in the work to fully integrate out systems to it, and make future updates to it.

RE: Zombie survival - Initial Feedback/First Impressions? - The Black Parade - 01-20-2019

(01-20-2019, 01:34 AM)Brassx Wrote:  Yea I agree. The vanilla gamemode seems really difficult to build up points. I don't think I ever got anymore than like 40 points. I'm not sure how you're expected to get any of the cool stuff like that.

I got up to 72 points, but it's because I mainly just healed.

The only viable way to get points is to heal people with the healing pistol, other ways to get points should definitely be changed

RE: Zombie survival - Initial Feedback/First Impressions? - Terran - 01-20-2019

Barricading should be rewarding, and XP should be gained from damage, not kills.

It was pretty fun though

RE: Zombie survival - Initial Feedback/First Impressions? - Jake1o - 01-20-2019

I didn't vote but I feel a new game mode could very well put the final nail in the coffin for TTT. Or at least cause a split. TTT is already struggling. Introducing an entirely new game mode isn't going to help it.

(01-20-2019, 02:31 PM)Jake1o Wrote:  I didn't vote but I feel a new game mode could very well put the final nail in the coffin for TTT. Or at least cause a split. TTT is already struggling. Introducing an entirely new game mode isn't going to help it.

This isn't really about TTT. TTT hasn't been very active for months. Only around our seasonal updates. Our players simply don't seem to want to play, no matter what is changed with the gamemode. TTT is also extremely over-saturated with servers, with some having like 30 of their own on the server browser. I saw more new people join ZS in 4 hours of gameplay than I have in weeks or months of FRG's TTT server.

This could cause a split, but it could also be very good for the community as a whole. Opening up our economy systems to a whole new untapped player base, to hook them, and let them see our other cool server-defining features.

The sad truth is now TTT is the least unique thing we offer currently, there's way too many other TTT servers out there that rip'd us off and appealed to a more casual/trendy player base, that now, our gameplay formula for TTT that we've had for years is over-saturated (Drops, minigames, economy, etc). Any other big changes we propose to make to the gamemode are received with mix-responses, despite most of the people not even playing it often. Some say they still enjoy TTT.. But then why aren't you playing?

While it's been the 'main server' for us for a long time, If we get new 'main' servers(Realms/ZS/TTT) for our players to play on, it doesn't entirely matter. As long as they are playing on FRG, why does it matter? We should focus more on whats fun and less on what MIGHT happen to TTT. Our systems will transfer seamlessly between them, so it will always feel like FRG, but the game mode you're playing is different! That doesn't mean you can't go between them as you choose.

I still have some big updates for TTT planned, that actually expand to all of our gamemodes, it will definitely make things feel fresh. I still don't think a new gamemode would hurt anything. Our inactive players who dislike TTT right now and don't play will just remain inactive if ZS isn't added.. However, they might come back to play ZS until other bigger updates are out, thus possibly bringing in a bunch of new players to check out our other systems.