Forerunner Gaming
Fishing to level 20. My Experience. - Printable Version

+- Forerunner Gaming (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Server Discussion (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: General (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Fishing to level 20. My Experience. (/showthread.php?tid=7839)

Pages: 1 2

Fishing to level 20. My Experience. - Zarox - 01-07-2019

Over the last week or so I have started taking fishing a lot more seriously. Some of the stats that I kept while leveling up to level 20.

Rusty Keys snagged: 1 (I got a rodrodrodrodrodrodrodrodrodrodrodrodrodrodrodrodrodrodrod)

Fishing rods snagged: 3 prims and 1 legendary (incandescent, incandescent, immovable, and hyper)

Challenge Scrolls Snagged: 2 Mediums

Sharks Caught: 3 (3 prims)

Eels caught: 2 (both legendary)

Kraken Disturbed: 0

Fish Bucks Made: ~15,000

Most Used Rod: Soulcatcher (Thanks MicroBoss for letting me borrow it.)

Most Used Lure: Lure 01 (I used it once Lures are a waste of fish bucks IMO)

What I liked the most: Fishing is just slow enough to play other games.

What I disliked the most: Terranables feel so bad to snag because they do not give xp. Also, you gain Fish Bucks slowly but while there is really nothing to buy its okay.

Some of my hopes for the fishing update: Fishbuck crates won't be impossibly expensive. They either need to be very cheap or fishbucks need to be more obtainable. If they are 100 or more fish bucks it will be impossible to master the crate. Honestly, fishing is almost useless currently they only things of value are enraged eye (which you don't get directly from fishing) and rusty key ( Most of the time you get a Fishing rod that is almost useless and worth nothing). I hope in the future that fishing is somewhat worth it. I understand that it can't give a lot of loot because it is very easy (but time-consuming), but some loot or a way to get loot (maybe exclusive for the higher level so people have to go through the grind others did).

Anyways fishing was mostly awful, my index finger hurts, and I never want to do it again.

PS I used a Kraken lure and a half writing this and still no Kraken I'm cursed to never get one.

RE: Fishing to level 20. My Experience. - Terran - 01-07-2019

I don't think you're appreciating the Terranables enough.

RE: Fishing to level 20. My Experience. - TJ1524 - 01-07-2019

Fishing is fun. I'm not sure if I got a reasonable amount of loot from the fishing part itself. Kraken definitely seems okay.

I've definitely gotten mediums and easy scrolls. I've used every rod that I've fished up. Most of the keys I fish up are ancient rods. I've bought lots of kraken lures only after the update that made kraken 1 in 300 w/o lure and have gotten tons of them.  On the opposite side, when I stopped using lures, I've only gotten one throughout a long period of time.

RE: Fishing to level 20. My Experience. - Nyte - 01-07-2019

Buff kraken chances for starters. Feels non-existant without lure. Make terranables give a small amount of xp. Would be cool if they were sellable for fishbux aswell cause imo it's a hassle having to go to the keymaker every once in a while just cause of the shitty terranables. More common rusty key as well would be cool seeing as how it's the only really lucrative item when fishing normally and as it stands now it's just to rare to make it feel worth fishing. That's just my input.

RE: Fishing to level 20. My Experience. - Bathory (She/They) - 01-07-2019

terranables need exp, you successfully do the qte.
could maybe sell a fishbux related terranable keymaker. (for use up to tier3 items only)

RE: Fishing to level 20. My Experience. - MicroBoss - 01-07-2019

Or remove terranable from fishing

RE: Fishing to level 20. My Experience. - 2bias - 01-07-2019

Replace terranables with item crate 1's and make them slightly harder

RE: Fishing to level 20. My Experience. - Kuro - 01-07-2019

Terranables work great as a junk item, they shouldnt give exp as they aren't fish but I do support improvements like this thread that went completely under the radar
https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=7763

This suggestion gives lower levels something they can buy with fishbux and would give an experience boost as you aren't catching terranables
Would also be great if it was changed to make the minimum amount of letters be 3 when using all baits/lures

I'd like to see fishing levels actually matter where you'd progressively be able to use more rods/baits as you level because fishing levels seem absolutely pointless when you're able to use every rod/bait besides kraken lure at any level.
The most frustrating part of fishing for me comes from "progress" being dependant on what rod you buy, borrow, or roll rather than one you can use because you earn the rod and ability via fishing

RE: Fishing to level 20. My Experience. - Terran - 01-07-2019

Just add perks and level ups and stuff. A stat screen or something.

Fishing Speed
Catch Rarity
Casting Rate
Special Chance
Lure Extender

blah blah. Then have cool perks. Do it like Stardew Valley. I.E:

1%/2%/3%/4%/PERK1+5%/6%/7%/8%/9%/PERK2+10%

perks like, 1 in x chance to double a fishes' weight, 1 in x chance to not use a lure up, auto type the first letter or two, etc.

RE: Fishing to level 20. My Experience. - Dreadark - 01-07-2019

(01-07-2019, 08:44 PM)THEFINALRICK Wrote:  a psuedo-rpg levelling system would be fucking awesome for fishing, but i just wish there was more of a coinsink for fishing instead of just an entry fee to get a good rod. maybe you could trade fishbucks for coins and vice versa in sort of a side economy exchange? would consist of offers to buy and sell by users, and the users could dictate the value of fishbucks compared to coins.

I agree with you on the more coinsink part but I dont think you should be able to trade fishbucks for coins and vice versa. They should be kept separate.