Forerunner Gaming
Still crashing on map changes occasionally. - Printable Version

+- Forerunner Gaming (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Server Discussion (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Bug Reports (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Still crashing on map changes occasionally. (/showthread.php?tid=7365)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Still crashing on map changes occasionally. - Brassx - 12-04-2018

(12-04-2018, 11:46 PM)Fancy Jolly Typh Wrote:  Hey.
This has been me the past week and a half or so. Also heard Alex complaining about it.
As of today the past 4 map changes in a row ive crashed every single time. Kinda annoying.

br_disable_downloads 1 on final round of TTT (or first round), then before you logoff reset it to
br_disable_downloads 0

That's what I had terran do and it seemed to work.

RE: Still crashing on map changes occasionally. - Terran - 12-04-2018

Yeah, it fixed all the map change crashes and that for me so far. Only times I crash is very rarely when I die sometimes.

RE: Still crashing on map changes occasionally. - Unreal Oz - 12-05-2018

ive always crashed everyonce in a while with gmod switching maps. of course it normally happens when i switch tabs while its loading up, but it has definetly been occuring more often for me ltley

RE: Still crashing on map changes occasionally. - The Black Parade - 12-05-2018

is this when you crash after map change or in the middle of map change, I just crashed again when i joined into the new map

RE: Still crashing on map changes occasionally. - Mex - 12-05-2018

I think its because everytime you load into a map it does checking updates everytime. I disabled it and I load into everything way quicker.

RE: Still crashing on map changes occasionally. - Brassx - 12-05-2018

(12-05-2018, 04:38 AM)Hally Jolly Wrote:  I think its because everytime you load into a map it does checking updates everytime. I disabled it and I load into everything way quicker.

No, during sending client info it mounts your existing content. Only after you load in does it check for updates (which doesn't affect anything).

RE: Still crashing on map changes occasionally. - Anthony - 12-05-2018

What about my internet going out when I sometimes launch gmod and refresh the server list? I will lose connection to my wifi disconnecting me from everything, and its happened on two separate wifis (the one 1 use at school and the 1 I use at home).

RE: Still crashing on map changes occasionally. - Mex - 12-05-2018

(12-05-2018, 06:09 AM)Brassx Wrote:  
(12-05-2018, 04:38 AM)Hally Jolly Wrote:  I think its because everytime you load into a map it does checking updates everytime. I disabled it and I load into everything way quicker.

No, during sending client info it mounts your existing content. Only after you load in does it check for updates (which doesn't affect anything).

I know that you wrote the code, but when I did br_custom_downloads 0 and br_disable_dowloads 1 I no longer see the checking for updates in the chat anymore and I load faster. Do you know why? I had like a 1 minute lag spike when I had thise enabled.

RE: Still crashing on map changes occasionally. - Brassx - 12-05-2018

(12-05-2018, 04:40 PM)Hally Jolly Wrote:  
(12-05-2018, 06:09 AM)Brassx Wrote:  

I know that you wrote the code, but when I did br_custom_downloads 0 and br_disable_dowloads 1 I no longer see the checking for updates in the chat anymore and I load faster. Do you know why? I had like a 1 minute lag spike when I had thise enabled.

Because disabling it disables the entire system. The mounting of your in-game downloaded content is the only aspect of it that takes time/strains your client at all. It disables checking for updates too, but that's literally just number comparisons, less demanding on your internet/pc than loading our forums for instance.