Forerunner Gaming
The Donator page should get an overhaul - Printable Version

+- Forerunner Gaming (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Server Discussion (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: The Donator page should get an overhaul (/showthread.php?tid=7102)

Pages: 1 2

The Donator page should get an overhaul - Terran - 08-09-2018

Slightly easier access, maybe in-game could help, and there should be different deals depending on the month, to make people interested. Maybe different types of VIP with varying effects? i.e someone who wants more drops/less cooldown for events, or someone more interested in TTT EXP/crate luck or something.

Just a thought, dunno. Like, the Blackdeath thing was pretty cool, more incentives to keep people interested would be good. Just my opinion. I like the idea of VIP, but I also don't do events so there's a big part of it useless to me. Could even go a video-game-esque route where your VIP can be "tailored", i.e more of one thing, less of another? Stuff like that. Donation incentives to keep people ponying up.

Any better ideas related to this or reasoning on why it should all stay how it is?

sending CAD snailmail to brass WHEN so I can avoid the assrape of CAD to USD conversions
I can telegram you money

RE: The Donator page should get an overhaul - Brassx - 08-09-2018

(08-09-2018, 04:32 AM)Terran Wrote:  Slightly easier access, maybe in-game could help, and there should be different deals depending on the month, to make people interested. Maybe different types of VIP with varying effects? i.e someone who wants more drops/less cooldown for events, or someone more interested in TTT EXP/crate luck or something.

Just a thought, dunno. Like, the Blackdeath thing was pretty cool, more incentives to keep people interested would be good. Just my opinion. I like the idea of VIP, but I also don't do events so there's a big part of it useless to me. Could even go a video-game-esque route where your VIP can be "tailored", i.e more of one thing, less of another? Stuff like that. Donation incentives to keep people ponying up.

Any better ideas related to this or reasoning on why it should all stay how it is?

sending CAD snailmail to brass WHEN so I can avoid the assrape of CAD to USD conversions
I can telegram you money

Quote:Any better ideas related to this or reasoning on why it should all stay how it is?

Because I'm a very shitty webdeveloper.

RE: The Donator page should get an overhaul - Terran - 08-09-2018

s-sorry, no bully was intended
if I could HTML I'd try to help but I'm dumbo

What about more in-game incentives? Something like the Spin2Win, but for donors. Flashy stuff that looks cool and attracts attention.

Cosmetics for like, special crate opening graphics or fancy colored drops to appeal could be something. Wouldn't change game-play, either.

Give VIP's a daily special challenge to do, some sort of simple in-game "minigame" like whack a mole to have a chance to win stuff. Slot machines could use a change, they're kinda defunct and ignored ATM. It'd be nice to be able to spin them faster or auto-spin them (Perhaps for a slight cost?), maybe you could implement a roulette wheel (Not an actual model/prop, just something like spin2win, let's say you have a big wheel and you select what you think it'll be and watch it spin).

oh oh oh!!
You should have a sort of bingo card, or one of those like, punch one hole a day monthly things. Play 1 hour a day, punch a hole, VIPs get an extra punch, more punches = more guaranteed stuff or something. Daily incentives to go on.

Maybe VIPs could get an extra slot for the lobby quests, i.e stuff like Buckshot Eliminator or The Drop Shot.

Yeah I mean, I'd do more and make the donation page look better. But I'm really bad at front-end web development. I can do the back-end just fine, but making it all look pretty is rough for me. I enjoy doing it though, but finding the time to spend on it is what's hard right now.

Now that tobi is gone, especially hard. I have so many things to work on, it's a lot of work for one person. I have bug reports to fix, current updates to get out, updates AFTER this update to work on, halloween is coming up, gotta start planning out its event, gotta finish up previous updates I already got out, but only partially/rebalance what's needed... New classes, a new crate is overdue, Forerunner tiers, more Extinct items, more zodiacs, more traits in general, Realms is going to be in trouble now that I can't have tobias take over TTT while I go HAM on it to get it to a fully playable state.

CC2

It's rough my dude.

(08-09-2018, 04:47 AM)Brassx Wrote:  Yeah I mean, I'd do more and make the donation page look better. But I'm really bad at front-end web development. I can do the back-end just fine, but making it all look pretty is rough for me. I enjoy doing it though, but finding the time to spend on it is what's hard right now.

Now that tobi is gone, especially hard. I have so many things to work on, it's a lot of work for one person. I have bug reports to fix, current updates to get out, updates AFTER this update to work on, halloween is coming up, gotta start planning out its event, gotta finish up previous updates I already got out, but only partially/rebalance what's needed... New classes, a new crate is overdue, Forerunner tiers, more Extinct items, more zodiacs, more traits in general, Realms is going to be in trouble now that I can't have tobias take over TTT while I go HAM on it to get it to a fully playable state.

It's rough my dude.

You know, now that you put it like that I feel kinda bad...Crumbs, yeah, I guess there's not an ∞ one man can do. What if you hold some sort of recruitment drive promotion? Not for anything super vital, like how Tobias was helping out with, but stuff like HTML coding or anything else that's a bit of a nag. It just sucks to see FRG not get the attention it deserves, considering it has the most content, yet isn't pushy or flashy. Everyone currently playing will love the new content as it comes out, but it also might not interest the new folks. Speaking of that, is there still a good reason why the Lobby server has a level 5 limit? Is it possible just to remove that, because I feel like quests/dailies/etc are really good hooks.

We do get new players, but there's not a huge amount of lasting appeal, so I feel like more early-game content would be good possibly. Not like, low tiers, just more things to do. I'm sorry I can't describe this better Sad. Also, I don't think anyone is expecting any crazy events for halloween and stuff, or at least they shouldn't. We have Grim's and Survive and Bloodwynd and lots of cool stuff, I feel like the massive amount of work they take could be focused elsewhere...Though I don't want to, like, put words in your mouth or anything.

ALSO, so what you're saying is you need professional ideas-guys to give you more work to do? That we can do. Turtle buffs is a start!

(08-09-2018, 04:50 AM)Terran Wrote:  
(08-09-2018, 04:47 AM)Brassx Wrote:  Yeah I mean, I'd do more and make the donation page look better. But I'm really bad at front-end web development. I can do the back-end just fine, but making it all look pretty is rough for me. I enjoy doing it though, but finding the time to spend on it is what's hard right now.

It's rough my dude.

You know, now that you put it like that I feel kinda bad...Crumbs, yeah, I guess there's not an ∞ one man can do. What if you hold some sort of recruitment drive promotion? Not for anything super vital, like how Tobias was helping out with, but stuff like HTML coding or anything else that's a bit of a nag. It just sucks to see FRG not get the attention it deserves, considering it has the most content, yet isn't pushy or flashy. Everyone currently playing will love the new content as it comes out, but it also might not interest the new folks. Speaking of that, is there still a good reason why the Lobby server has a level 5 limit? Is it possible just to remove that, because I feel like quests/dailies/etc are really good hooks.

We do get new players, but there's not a huge amount of lasting appeal, so I feel like more early-game content would be good possibly. Not like, low tiers, just more things to do. I'm sorry I can't describe this better Sad. Also, I don't think anyone is expecting any crazy events for halloween and stuff, or at least they shouldn't. We have Grim's and Survive and Bloodwynd and lots of cool stuff, I feel like the massive amount of work they take could be focused elsewhere...Though I don't want to, like, put words in your mouth or anything.

ALSO, so what you're saying is you need professional ideas-guys to give you more work to do? That we can do. Turtle buffs is a start!

The lobby is level 5 as a filter to keep trolls off of the lobby really. But lowering it a bit probably isn't the worst thing. Maybe level 2? It is a big selling point for us, and what hooks a lot of our players now is our event/bosses. No other GMOD TTT (hybrid) server I've seen has a 'dungeon run' system/AI boss fights for loot like a RPG. (Even though you don't like that, you can't argue it's unique/interesting)

It's just hard to out-do servers that focus on appealing to a more casual player base, and care less about balance and more about making players feel powerful/skilled.

(08-09-2018, 05:08 AM)Brassx Wrote:  The lobby is level 5 as a filter to keep trolls off of the lobby really. But lowering it a bit probably isn't the worst thing. Maybe level 2? It is a big selling point for us, and what hooks a lot of our players now is our event/bosses. No other GMOD TTT (hybrid) server I've seen has a 'dungeon run' system/AI boss fights for loot like a RPG.

It's just hard to out-do servers that focus on appealing to a more casual player base, and care less about balance and more about making players feel powerful/skilled.

Ah, gotcha. Figured there might have been something else to it. Level 2 should be fine if you feel like it would be, I don't think that'd be hard to get, and people seem to really enjoy going after worms/cogs/souls, etc. But yeah, implementing balance sure makes it harder to interest people or come up with solid ideas. The Lobby is lots of fun, and its nice to go to it. The recent VIP room thing is a great addition I feel (haven't been there tho, 2poor), so that's pretty nice.

RE: The Donator page should get an overhaul - Unpoke - 08-09-2018

Level 2+ lobby would be great, would also help the "ALL MY STARTER GUNS ARE CLOGGING MY INVENTORY" problem. Introducing players to events right off the bat could be fun if they're willing to tag along, especially for random events like Santa/Lyrus

Could implement some kinda basic tutorial system for loot for newbies. One of the 'objectives' could be to slay bloodwynd or something.

I also want to remove all starter weapons and replace it with 2 starter weapons (1 primary, 1 secondary) that they can freely rebalance stats/change weapon types on via right clicking it.

Bloodwynd is a big bully, but yeah. I haven't gotten to see the starter weapons (I mean, not the "new" ones) so I'm not exactly sure how they work, but I thought it came with a primary and secondary? I remember at the start of the server we got a free primary/secondary waaay back. But yeah, a more customizable starting gun could keep people happy. Especially if they got to keep it even after reaching X level.

Sort of like how in an RPG, you get your level 1 sword, but if you want to you can use it all the way to the final boss, just by giving it new upgrades and features and stuff. Might be a bit silly though. I'd like it anyways. Higher in-game level, more/new stuff it gets...Nothing crazy and no special traits or suffixes or anything that could cause people to ignore cool primordials/godlikes/etc, but...yeah.

(08-09-2018, 04:47 AM)Brassx Wrote:  CC2

id like to see more usage out of your gun designer system, it was really fun to think of cool stuff, and if its not too crazy, good suggestions should get the person an untradeable copy. I wonder what the community's opinion on that would be.