Forerunner Gaming
Old Favorites from Good Times - Printable Version

+- Forerunner Gaming (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Server Discussion (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Old Favorites from Good Times (/showthread.php?tid=7096)

Old Favorites from Good Times - Omega_Garrus_X - 08-07-2018

this has probably been suggested a few times and i do know that we do have an iteration of one of the items i will be talking about already on this server but i wanted to suggest the revival and possibly tweaked rework of old favorites from NTG.

Brass has said that a while back that some of these things could be implemented with some reworking and tweaks to better suit our server(i read a few older threads) so why not bring the idea back to the light.

we already have a slightly different DoW on our server now and its a pretty popular weapon that has won over some nostalgia from players who do remember it and gained fame by newer. so why not add a few more balanced and reworked versions of such ports into our disposal?

my personal picks( would definitely add to the post if anyone had their own favorites):
Kusanagi (my personal favorite)
Deus Litem
Dai Tai Shin
Prop suffixes( i like brass' revamped idea about not one shoting and adding bullet drops etc)
Dragoon suffix(loved the whole idea of randomly procing a various number of different possible effects. especially since in here it could be reworked to proc a random trait and a suffix while having 2 different chances)

this is a proposal i thought would be a very nice homage to all the amazing things brass gave to us while coding at NTG. these few just had such a nice flair to them. they weren't overpowered and were very fun to use and enjoy(cept i know old prop suffixes were AIDS for some people).

i would love to hear feedback from everyone on this possiblility.

RE: Old Favorites from Good Times - Terran - 08-07-2018

gimme my daitai shin back
2v2 winner

RE: Old Favorites from Good Times - edit - 08-07-2018

I mean I loved the Deus Litem and Grav

RE: Old Favorites from Good Times - Excel - 08-07-2018

Benneli

RE: Old Favorites from Good Times - GoldenGuy - 08-07-2018

Executioner axe (50/50 instant death you or your opponent)

The d20 (was there towards the end of ntg, it was a misc, when thrown had 1 of 20 effects, ranging from instant death on a 1, or double damage and health on 20)

+1 grav and litem

-1 benellis

Lucky weapons (suffixes and had a higher chance to proc than typical suffixes)

Rename tokens

800 rolls

Lich suffix

RE: Old Favorites from Good Times - Deadpool - 08-07-2018

Crap Cannon

RE: Old Favorites from Good Times - The Black Parade - 08-07-2018

Definitely would love to see some of these weapons back
+1

My pick that I would want to see back is the King of Worms....

And Probama90

RE: Old Favorites from Good Times - Cobaltgeo - 08-07-2018

Honestly i've had enough of Balanced I just want OverPowered fun stuff again

RE: Old Favorites from Good Times - Excel - 08-07-2018

(08-07-2018, 07:07 PM)Cobaltgeo Wrote:  Honestly i've had enough of Balanced I just want OverPowered fun stuff again

Obviously hasn't played since tobias creeper guns

RE: Old Favorites from Good Times - The Black Parade - 08-07-2018

(08-07-2018, 07:07 PM)Cobaltgeo Wrote:  Honestly i've had enough of Balanced I just want OverPowered fun stuff again

thats one of the reasons why NTG Died