Forerunner Gaming
Tower Unite - Printable Version

+- Forerunner Gaming (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Tower Unite (/showthread.php?tid=3870)

Pages: 1 2

Tower Unite - Skullkid94700 - 04-16-2016

So Gmod tower just shut down and opened up as a actual greenlight game on steam. Gmod tower stuff has not been transferred over yet (it has only been out since the 11th), but it has updated graphics thanks to the unreal engine. Just wondering if anyone else is going to check out this game. Let me know.

RE: Tower Unite - Eclipse - 04-16-2016

I already have it because I backed it on indiegogo, so far my computer can't handle it, and most other people are having problems running it too.

RE: Tower Unite - Skullkid94700 - 04-16-2016

I run it fine, the only problem is the servers are not dedicated, so its up to the host of the minigame/lobby to have a good solid connection. I have a GeForce 960 though, and can run everything on turbo Big Grin

RE: Tower Unite - Excel - 04-16-2016

I have it but it's only fun for a couple of hours atm. All there is to do is the 4 minigames and some with 1-2 maps.

RE: Tower Unite - Enchantable - 04-16-2016

(04-16-2016, 10:05 AM)Skullkid94700 Wrote:  I run it fine, the only problem is the servers are not dedicated, so its up to the host of the minigame/lobby to have a good solid connection. I have a GeForce 960 though, and can run everything on turbo Big Grin

you suck kid
#r9 390x

to be on topic:
I might check it out

RE: Tower Unite - Dreadark - 04-16-2016

I wont.

RE: Tower Unite - HeisenBurger - 04-16-2016

I have it. I wish they release little crusaders though.

RE: Tower Unite - Davdo - 04-16-2016

So they shutdown the free version and then re release a stand-alone version that starts with even less content than the original, and charge you for it?

Sounds like trash.

RE: Tower Unite - Brassx - 04-16-2016

The cool/impressive stuff about GMOD Tower, was that it was made in gmod.. Which is a pain in the ass.

Moving it to the unity engine, with it's asset store, and thousands of scripts/models/maps/anything you can think of, pretty much loses that. You have much more control over the game in Unity, so all of the complicated/impressive stuff they did with GMOD is suddenly gone, and becomes a lot easier to do with an actual engine. I don't honestly see it worth a standalone, at least one you need to pay for.

I don't know the full details of their standalone, but if it's the same thing, then yeah. However, If it's fun, then there 'ya go. Doesn't really matter otherwise.

Actually, it appears to use the Unreal engine, not unity.. Either way, my statement stands. Also, it's Early Access AND it's 15 bucks? l o l

RE: Tower Unite - Skullkid94700 - 04-16-2016

Good point. The only reason I would say check it out (and probably should in six months from now instead of right at the beginning of its greenlight) is because of the improvements to the gmod tower mode. Like better mini-golf physics, less loading times, new mini-games etc, etc.

But there is no real reason to play it at the moment. especially since there is tremendous lag at every corner.