Forerunner Gaming
The Event - (Possibly) Slightly Better Scaling for 4 or 5 people. - Printable Version

+- Forerunner Gaming (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Server Discussion (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: The Event - (Possibly) Slightly Better Scaling for 4 or 5 people. (/showthread.php?tid=2638)

The Event - (Possibly) Slightly Better Scaling for 4 or 5 people. - Terran - 11-25-2015

Edit: Sometimes he shoots the beam out behind him. This is completely impossible to dodge at times, and feels super unfair.

Also, could his melee after teleporting do 15, not 25, damage?

The normal mobs (rats/deathclaws) are easy enough to handle with 4 people, but when we got to the Tank, we drained all of our primary (which was at maximum) and still didn't kill him. Extremely hard to kill the bosses. It'd be nice to be able to do the event with less people.

There really NEEDS to be a checkpoint system, especially for this. It takes a long time just to get to the pillars with lower DPS, and the pillars themselves take a long time, too.

At the rock, we did fine.

At the first pillar, we did fine.

At the first pillar boss, we got extremely low on ammo but still defeated him.

Second pillar, we did fine.

Second pillar boss, I used all of my primary and went down to 100 secondary bullets, but we did it. The rats/deathclaws swarmed us bad.

Third pillar was rough, a lot of enemies but we did it.

The third pillar boss was surprisingly easy, he fell quickly. His HP felt quite low.

The fourth pillar was very rough, but we managed.

The fourth pillar boss fell easily enough.

The final bosses HP was manageable, but losing even one guy meant our DPS tanked to absolutely 0. It should boost the living players' DPS by +20% every time a player dies, stacking of course. 4 players is 0%, 3 is +20% for all, 2 is +40% for all, final player gets +60%?

The entire time we were -extremely- low on Ammunition. Constantly. We had to repeatedly hunt for ammo crates.

Overall, we got pretty terrible loot drops. No crates, only weapons, crystals, small coin amounts and Traitor Rounds. Are Loot Drops scaled, too?

RE: The Event - (Possibly) Slightly Better Scaling for 4 or 5 people. - Zott - 11-25-2015

Yea the mobs and such were not a problem. Only problem I saw were the first boss and the final boss's swing attack that goes behind him :/ also I think a damage modifier would be helpful

RE: The Event - (Possibly) Slightly Better Scaling for 4 or 5 people. - Bathory (She/They) - 12-27-2015

My issue is with people throwing ammo boxes to get them stuck in the pillar area to troll their teams.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9399806/FRG/2015-12-27_00007.jpg

RE: The Event - (Possibly) Slightly Better Scaling for 4 or 5 people. - Dreadark - 12-27-2015

Id say a checkpoint after the rock MAYBE but thats it. Ive beat it twice in a row now but yeah maybe make teleporting do less damage, thats the most annoying part.

RE: The Event - (Possibly) Slightly Better Scaling for 4 or 5 people. - Rotshout - 12-27-2015

If there is a checkpoint after the rock, it should only activate if you wipe during the final boss.

I haven't seen the final bods fire his wave in any direction he isn't facing. If you have trouble going around it, you can jump over it. There needs to be a delay on his abilities after he teleports, and he shouldn't be able to teleport immediately after the wave attack because you have to avoid it.

RE: The Event - (Possibly) Slightly Better Scaling for 4 or 5 people. - Enchantable - 12-27-2015

(12-27-2015, 09:33 AM)Kheyre Wrote:  My issue is with people throwing ammo boxes to get them stuck in the pillar area to troll their teams.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9399806/FRG/2015-12-27_00007.jpg

Don't play with Termanitor.
he trolls every fucking time
"I'm gonna use a glock, my DPS is gonna be cray zee"
"xD let me just whip out my poltergeist laser and shoot it at the final boss, it'll surely drop him!"
"lmao what if I ran away with the ammo crate"

Anyways, on topic, it probably should be more fair. I haven't played the run with 4 people, only once and I don't remember it very well.

RE: The Event - (Possibly) Slightly Better Scaling for 4 or 5 people. - Brassx - 12-27-2015

This thread was mode a month ago you noobs. It was made before some things were fixed with scaling, and according to Jake, it scales fine.

RE: The Event - (Possibly) Slightly Better Scaling for 4 or 5 people. - Bathory (She/They) - 12-27-2015

Why make a new thread when older threads perfectly exist to tack on bugs. (like the ability to lock ammo crates out of use via trolling)

RE: The Event - (Possibly) Slightly Better Scaling for 4 or 5 people. - Brassx - 12-27-2015

I actually fixed up the map and completely forgot about it. I increased the height and got rid of the holes of all those invisible walls to prevent things like that from happening.

I'll update the servers to the fixed version soon.