Forerunner Gaming
Event Shop - Printable Version

+- Forerunner Gaming (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Server Discussion (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Event Shop (/showthread.php?tid=2623)

Event Shop - knaveHearted - 11-21-2015

This isn't an "Event Idea" so much as it's an idea for event drops.

Instead of having drops mid-event, (Through chests, and what have you), let players earn Event Credit from certain things inside the event.

An example of these would be killing mobs/bosses, completing certain objectives during the event (Melting the rock/pillars, collecting all three plugs), etc.

Also, if the idea of collecting x number of things come up again, to shorten the amount of things we need to collect, have each thing worth 1 event point, and sell admission tickets as well worth like 10 points. (This would require all 6 people to collect 10 of the item, for a 1 time use of the event.) This would eliminate both the grindiness of collecting so many, and the need for a cooldown, since people would have to go back to collecting right after.

This is just a skeleton suggestion of course, so there's a lot of room to work off it, and build upon it.

RE: Event Shop - Brassx - 11-21-2015

(11-21-2015, 08:35 AM)knaveHearted Wrote:  This isn't an "Event Idea" so much as it's an idea for event drops.

Instead of having drops mid-event, (Through chests, and what have you), let players earn Event Credit from certain things inside the event.

An example of these would be killing mobs/bosses, completing certain objectives during the event (Melting the rock/pillars, collecting all three plugs), etc.
Interesting idea, but it may be a bit difficult to balance the shop properly. I don't even know really what I'd put in there. ( Maybe work same way as chest? Just talk to npc, npc takes x amount of event credits, and it rolls the same way the chests do?)

Quote:Also, if the idea of collecting x number of things come up again, to shorten the amount of things we need to collect, have each thing worth 1 event point, and sell admission tickets as well worth like 10 points. (This would require all 6 people to collect 10 of the item, for a 1 time use of the event.) This would eliminate both the grindiness of collecting so many, and the need for a cooldown, since people would have to go back to collecting right after.
It would eliminate the need for a cooldown, but doing so also may also make it feel more 'grindy', and people were already complaining enough about it being like that. I can see people just not wanting to do it anymore, simply because they have to go through the hassel of collect stuff after failing(then going through the other 'tedious' stuff in the event). With a cooldown, they can just take a break, and go do something else while waiting for it,.

RE: Event Shop - knaveHearted - 11-21-2015

(11-21-2015, 08:52 AM)Brassx Wrote:  Interesting idea, but it may be a bit difficult to balance the shop properly. I don't even know really what I'd put in there. ( Maybe work same way as chest? Just talk to npc, npc takes x amount of event credits, and it rolls the same way the chests do?)

My idea was more along the idea of 100 points, for an item crate, 250-300 for the special event crate. Then a few other guns, or special event cosmetics at fixed rates. Maybe have special rare items for high point values like 1500 or so to encourage players to save up for them instead of just rolling crates constantly.

Quote:It would eliminate the need for a cooldown, but doing so also may also make it feel more 'grindy', and people were already complaining enough about it being like that. I can see people just not wanting to do it anymore, simply because they have to go through the hassel of collect stuff after failing(then going through the other 'tedious' stuff in the event). With a cooldown, they can just take a break, and go do something else while waiting for it,.

That's the thing, is it essentially makes it as grindy as the individual player wants it to be. If they want to do the event straight away they can get back to grinding immediately, and the number is so low that it wouldn't feel monotonous. While others could take a break as they see fit, only collecting things as an after thought. Most players don't run the event more then once or twice a day anyway, so I don't think people would complain.

People could even save up event tickets, "Oh I got 30 points while playing, I better go buy a few event tickets before I get off." etc.

You could even add small point awards added as end of round drops. Say, 1-5 points so people who REALLY don't want to collect things don't necessarily have to.