Forerunner Gaming
Return some stuff! - Printable Version

+- Forerunner Gaming (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Server Discussion (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Return some stuff! (/showthread.php?tid=239)

Pages: 1 2

Return some stuff! - Bottle4 - 12-14-2014

1. Plasma grenades - they attach on a surface (or player) & after few seconds, they explode!
2. Grappling hooks: 'nuff said.
Alternative: Allowing limited prop-surfing, A.k.a. not to go outside the map & such that would be exploits.
3. Customizable weaponry - this isn't about attachments, no - it's about something more important - skins!
How about some popular ΠΆ/D weapons get some attention also? They can have custom camoflages, or for the knife - fade textures!
Or, customizable sound - you would be able to use different jihad sounds and maybe some music playing for miniguns - it'll have limited distance (the music) & can be funny/interesting.
An idea that may not be tolerated - how about universal textures? Like the whole skin covers the weapon & it's equippable on any weapon as long as you have the skin?

RE: Return some stuff! - faggot here in my garage - 12-14-2014

SPEED BOOTS

RE: Return some stuff! - Brassx - 12-14-2014

Return? Implying that it existed here in the first place!

Speed boots wont be added, they simply would be too OP on here since weapons can have mobility too, the only thing I might add is a 'speed boost' where you're granted a short burst of speed for getaways or attacks. But definitely NO speed boots.

The spiderman gun will not likely be making a return,as I will likely make my own version of it, and it will be harder to use and much harder to abuse. I'd like to make it require some skill to grapple around, probably will give it a limited range too, so you can't fucking grapple onto the skybox(maps like GM construct you'd have to grapple up the side of the building).

In order to do customizable T/D item skins, I'd need some artists to make some skins. I could make some, but I'm no artist.

I've already had plans for customizable JIHAD sounds that you can get from the Coinshop though.

RE: Return some stuff! - sticky - 12-14-2014

Grapple pls

RE: Return some stuff! - Bottle4 - 12-14-2014

(12-14-2014, 04:44 PM)Brassx Wrote:  Return? Implying that it existed here in the first place!
NTG memories, sorry! Rolleyes
Quote:Speed boots wont be added, they simply would be too OP on here since weapons can have mobility too, the only thing I might add is a 'speed boost' where you're granted a short burst of speed for getaways or attacks. But definitely NO speed boots.
But will there be jump increases, though - or it's also covered from the mobility setting? And I've wondered, do you need to be wielding/have selected the weapon to gain the mobility OR just have it & use other guns?
Quote:The spiderman gun will not likely be making a return,as I will likely make my own version of it, and it will be harder to use and much harder to abuse. I'd like to make it require some skill to grapple around, probably will give it a limited range too, so you can't fucking grapple onto the skybox(maps like GM construct you'd have to grapple up the side of the building).
Limited... Something like the grapple from "Worms"?
Quote:In order to do customizable T/D item skins, I'd need some artists to make some skins. I could make some, but I'm no artist.
Like I said, you can still change the skin system to apply universal textures all over the weapon & not have unique skins for each weapon.
Quote:I've already had plans for customizable JIHAD sounds that you can get from the Coinshop though.
Cool! Would be happy to try to make some!
But will the minigun be modified also to play music whilst being used?

RE: Return some stuff! - Brassx - 12-14-2014

Mobility for the weapon only applies when you are holding it.

RE: Return some stuff! - Bottle4 - 12-14-2014

(12-14-2014, 05:27 PM)Brassx Wrote:  Mobility for the weapon only applies when you are holding it.

Alright.
Because I have an adequate pistol & was wondering why I'm not getting any speed boost whist wielding a shotgun.

RE: Return some stuff! - Terran - 12-14-2014

The only downside with customizable jihad sounds is that I can never download 'em, because I always have sound downloads enabled to prevent "40mb.mp3 33mb.mp3 genericsongthattakes30minstodownload.mp3"

Personal problems, though. I also hate grappling hooks, I prefer rope launchers, for both T and Det. I remember seeing a Traitor get knocked to low life, and then grappling away to hide and heal with his crummy regen bubbles.

RE: Return some stuff! - ProfessorSpace - 12-14-2014

(12-14-2014, 05:51 PM)Terran Wrote:  The only downside with customizable jihad sounds is that I can never download 'em, because I always have sound downloads enabled to prevent "40mb.mp3 33mb.mp3 genericsongthattakes30minstodownload.mp3"

RE: Return some stuff! - Terran - 12-14-2014

Oh. Disabled. Sorry :<