Forerunner Gaming
Some new sniper ideas - Printable Version

+- Forerunner Gaming (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Server Discussion (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Some new sniper ideas (/showthread.php?tid=2322)

Pages: 1 2

Some new sniper ideas - Eagle_The_Man_Zack - 09-29-2015

Name: Crow's Nest, Gun type: sniper

Stats: Damage: +5-10%
Recoil: +25%
Accuracy: +40%
Firerate: +10
Clip: Stays the same
Reload: +5%

Suffix: When you crouch for 5 sec you gain camo that is a little more visible than the t cloak. If you stay crouched after it has activated it will stay on you as long as you are crouched.
When the weapon fires it has a 1/2 chance to fire a beam of light going from your gun to wherever you bullet hit. (When weapon drops the color of the beams are all different, someone could drop a blue or red.) Maybe if you run into the beam you will get lit on fire for like 2 secs?

Name: Combuster, Gun type: sniper

Stats: Damage: +20%
Recoil: -10%
Accuracy: -25%
Firerate: +20%
Clip: +4
Reload: -15%

Suffix: Has a 1-10 chance to shoot a random granade effect wherever the bullet hits, if the bullet hits them and the suffix triggers(smoke,incent or discombob will trigger near them)

RE: Some new sniper ideas - Terran - 09-29-2015

Using the camo one will get you RDM'd, they'll think you're a T. Discombobs/incens can cause lots of rdm, too.

RE: Some new sniper ideas - Aresuft - 09-29-2015

(09-29-2015, 09:29 PM)EagleDestroyer Wrote:  Name: Crow's Nest, Gun type: sniper

Stats: Damage: +5-10%
        Recoil: +25%
         Accuracy: +40%
         Firerate: +10
         Clip: Stays the same
         Reload: +5%

Suffix: When you crouch for 5 sec you gain camo that is a little more visible than the t cloak. If you stay crouched after it has activated it will stay on you as long as you are crouched.
When the weapon fires it has a 1/2 chance to fire a beam of light going from your gun to wherever you bullet hit. (When weapon drops the color of the beams are all different, someone could drop a blue or red.) Maybe if you run into the beam you will get lit on fire for like 2 secs?

You mean the patience and time?

RE: Some new sniper ideas - Eagle_The_Man_Zack - 09-29-2015

yes, with a few tweaks! I forgot to say idea from destiny.

RE: Some new sniper ideas - Unpoke - 09-29-2015

The suffixes seem really overpowered in my opinion.
The cloak thing will cause RDM because people will think they're actually cloaked (I wouldn't be able to tell the difference)
The beam will cause people to want to KOS off location (small problem I guess, but one nevertheless)

The 'nade one just seems overpowered in general, I dunno, that seems obvious to me.

Also, I doubt there'd be separate rifles xd

RE: Some new sniper ideas - Enchantable - 09-29-2015

This sounds OP and RDM-causing. As said above, the cloak will get you killed no matter what because of the Cloaking Device. Suffix doesn't sound too horrible but still not fair, it would essentially make the flare gun useless besides quests. Where do the downsides come in with the stats, too?

RE: Some new sniper ideas - Aresuft - 09-29-2015

Sniper with 2 rounds that fires large projectiles. Upon holding right click, the rifle converts into a 4 round shotgun B)

RE: Some new sniper ideas - ZombieNinja975 - 09-30-2015

I love destiny. I think the idea for unique snipers like that is good, but definitely would cause RDMs with those perks, maybe if you shoot someone you have the chance to highlight through the map for like 10 seconds? Kinda a tractor type thing, and a sniper with a thermal scope sounds like maybe a good does to?

RE: Some new sniper ideas - Chosen - 09-30-2015

(09-30-2015, 05:44 PM)ZombieNinja975 Wrote:  I love destiny. I think the idea for unique snipers like that is good, but definitely would cause RDMs with those perks, maybe if you shoot someone you have the chance to highlight through the map for like 10 seconds? Kinda a tractor type thing, and a sniper with a thermal scope sounds like maybe a good does to?

Someone already suggested that lol

RE: Some new sniper ideas - Terran - 09-30-2015

I've suggested two weapons with a Tracking ability Sad

Anyways, Eagle, maybe work on the suffixes a bit.