Forerunner Gaming
Letter of Appreciation - Printable Version

+- Forerunner Gaming (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Server Discussion (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: General (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Letter of Appreciation (/showthread.php?tid=10626)

Letter of Appreciation - Jerk Butt - 09-06-2024

Dear Brassx,

We are nearly 2 months away from 10 years of FRG. 10 years. Can you believe it? Has it really felt that long? It really hasn't to me. I joined FRG in 2016, when NTG was on it's last final gasps. I wasn't there at the start, but I think I'm glad I wasn't, who knows what else would have changed in my life if I tried it sooner? Since then FRG, I believe, has been the most stable thing in my life. I've gone through houses, schools, jobs, romantic partners, I've had good times and bad, both in life and within this community, but I don't think I'd trade those experiences for much, if anything. I really don't regret any of the time I've spent here, and probably won't to any future time spent here. It's less of a game to me, at this point and I think what FRG offers more than anything is a community to me. Meeting and watching people grow that you interact with on a regular basis that share the same passions as you do, and always having the ability to come back and be welcomed by people you know. That's the greatest thing this server has to offer and I hope it always will.

And it's all thanks to you Brass, I think it's undoubted by anyone here that you've put tens of thousands of hours into making this server into what it is without losing your morality, your long-term passion, your persistence, and more than anything your ability to keep the game full of heart, for things to matter without feeling... Too easy and not worthwhile. Triple A games nowadays have a hard time struggling with that and you pull it off with class. It's a great achievement that you've stuck to this for ten years. Beyond, if we count NTG. We've seen MANY developers and server owners struggle to even do a portion of what you've accomplished, and you do it all for a modest living. You don't reach out with greed, or push the boundaries. You make what you need to live, and you just keep on trucking. I don't think many people could accomplish all of that. You really should be proud. I don't think FRG will be the only thing you do, but I believe when it's finally time to let go, whether it be 3, 5, 10, 100 years from now. We'll be satisfied. Thank you for that.

And to the community, of which we have seen many good people, thank you for being who you are. Without a community there is no server, without a server I have no idea where I'd be right now. It could be better, it'd probably be worse. I'm just happy to have had the chance to interact with so many diverse characters, and I hope to meet many more. I believe overall, FRG has been a positive in my life in every aspect. Some of you have given me aspects to who I am and, well, I like who I am most of the time. Some of you have made me laugh, and made me happy. Some of you have made sure that I don't feel alone when I've needed it most. Thanks guys I appreciate it.

Ps. I'm not leaving. I'm not sure what made me want to write this, but I wanted to.

^ Funny pictures also mousey's ass

RE: Letter of Appreciation - Terran - 09-06-2024

RE: Letter of Appreciation - HeisenBurger - 09-06-2024

the glazing is crazy

RE: Letter of Appreciation - Manzy - 09-07-2024

Sharing some fun memories I have been able to save

RE: Letter of Appreciation - Not John Smith - 09-09-2024

(09-06-2024, 02:48 PM)Terran Wrote:  Image

This photo is so weirdly high definition