Forerunner Gaming
FRG "Rogue-Lite*" event - Printable Version

+- Forerunner Gaming (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Server Discussion (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: FRG "Rogue-Lite*" event (/showthread.php?tid=10486)

FRG "Rogue-Lite*" event - Terran - 05-09-2023

A shorter event that lasts maybe 15-30 minutes a game and consists of random rooms of traps, challenges, enemies, mini-bosses and bosses. Players will start as "level 0" with the basic equipment, NOT their normal inventory of weapons or whatever. Whenever a room or challenge is defeated, all the players participating  get a random bonus such as various increased stats, temporary new gear, all that "roguey*" goodness.

The difficulty would be quite high, but win or lose you'll get a currency that you can either redeem for
A) Temporary or permanent bonuses the next time you play, starting with better stuff/bonuses, or
B) Rewards that give you normal TTT/crate/inventory whatever loot

You'd only be able to play the event once per day "freely", but if you do a set of dailies on TTT, you can get another "play" (Or spend a small amount of rubies for a ticket, or VIPs could buy a "pass" that gives them unlimited access for a day or few days).

It'd be focused on being fast, challenging and more replayable. Of course it'd be annoying to do and events suck and I don't know how all that works but surely the community could come together to suggest parkour rooms, trap rooms, challenge rooms, puzzle rooms, guessing rooms, fighting rooms of all type, e.t.c.

Probably up to a party of 6 people.

One extra change could be that the difficulty can be increased if the party wants to, which gives more rewards but makes it harder. So you'd never just "outscale" it or become too good for it to be fun anymore. Difficulty stuff could be as simple as "players take more damage" to stuff like restricting certain gear usage, e.t.c.

ok that's it that's my terrible idea of the year

*yes I know that the term "roguelike" and "rogue-lite" are nothing LIKE Rogue, or even like ADOM or DC:SS or Tales of Maj'Eyal or Elona or any actual game like Rogue, but nobody seems to care to change the definition so whatever. I still think it should be called a "ReRPG, or a "Random element RPG".

RE: FRG "Rogue-Lite*" event - DONGERWEED29266602592O3852309764 - 05-09-2023

brass currently has plans to make survive 2 roguelike/lite, and it should be coming out as the next-next addition (maybe)

RE: FRG "Rogue-Lite*" event - Terran - 05-09-2023

(05-09-2023, 05:59 AM)DONGERWEED29266602592O3852309764 Wrote:  brass currently has plans to make survive 2 roguelike/lite, and it should be coming out as the next-next addition (maybe)
well sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit I didn't know that
thanks

RE: FRG "Rogue-Lite*" event - The Black Parade - 05-09-2023

Yeah Survive 2 will have a more rogue lite approach, I think we have that covered already.

RE: FRG "Rogue-Lite*" event - Terran - 05-09-2023

(05-09-2023, 09:31 PM)The Black Parade Wrote:  Yeah Survive 2 will have a more rogue lite approach, I think we have that covered already.
I don't browse the discord since I hate discord so I guess that's on me for not noticing.
Ah well. I hope you can't just bring in OP TTT inventories and wipe everything.

RE: FRG "Rogue-Lite*" event - Unpoke - 05-13-2023

Yeah, Survive 2 should be more rogue-like.

RE: FRG "Rogue-Lite*" event - Tango(SCRUB) - 05-21-2023

Survive deez