Forerunner Gaming
Mixtape NPC Shop - Printable Version

+- Forerunner Gaming (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums)
+-- Forum: Server Discussion (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (https://forerunnergaming.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: Mixtape NPC Shop (/showthread.php?tid=10361)

Mixtape NPC Shop - Balbasur - 05-03-2022

Idea: A forerunner fragshop for Mixtapes.

Location: In one of the closed down shops to the left or right of the daily gun dealer

Concept: A mixtape dealer that sells 5-6 mixtapes per day, for a price between 50-75 frags.
I've thought about it a couple different ways, and here are a couple options of how stock can work:
5-6 mixtapes with only 1 in quantity for each, first come first serve. OR
5-6 mixtapes, 2-5 quantities of each, but each person is only allowed to purchase ONE mixtape per shop reset.

It's a guarantee that there will be an influx of mixtapes entering the market with this, but I think either of these options help's swell the flow a little bit. Keeping the forerunner frag cost relatively high (maybe even 100 depending on the rarity) will help as well, as people will then have their frags contested between daily shop reset, mwork cores, and mixtape shop options.

Additional Ideas: The Mixtape Dealer has a daily %chance (probably 1% if following fragshop) to sell one of the following: Boombox, Walkman, Mixtape Case, Cassete case (potential new item, half the size of a mixtape case. two crafted together can make a mixtape case, very undeveloped idea, but an idea nonetheless). The items would obviously be a lot more expensive, in the 125-200 range for frags, and only a quantity of 1-2 when it procs.

Another idea I had, was to give the Mixtape Dealer an additional tab, where you have the ability to trade in 3 mixtapes (any type), in exchange for a new mixtape with new songs on it. The catch, is that the new mixtape will have completely new songs of a genre, but the genre will be randomly selected between 1 of the 3 mixtape types you provided.
So an example for practicality: If I trade in a Pop, a International, and Halloween Tape, I will have a 33% chance between them all to get one of those tapes, with new randomized songs on it. So there is a little bit of a gamble, if you have a generally less-sought after mixtape (think dad rock, rock, halloween, electroswing), you can use that to fill in one of the slots, but you run the risk of potentially getting one back. I think it might be good to have a limitation of 1-type of genre in each trade, so you can't do double pop and halloween, but that can be played with. The purpose of this feature is to help balance out the new influx of mixtapes entering the market. To make sure the market doesn't become heavily saturated, this gives people a way to potentially get better tapes, and also decreases the total number of tapes in the wild. Maybe this feature could be set on a CD of once per reset, haven't thought about it much.

Given that something like this goes through, I think there should be a larger variety in mixtape genre's, and fresh selections of songs to be added to songlists. I'm fully prepared and willing to flesh out new song suggestions and genre's in preparation for this, and will make sure to provide proper mp3 files (kekw).

Comment any additional ideas you might have for it, or any tweaks to ideas presented!

RE: Mixtape NPC Shop - TJ1524 - 05-03-2022

I wouldn't mind spending frags on mixtapes. I like the idea of only being able to buy one overall per reset. Not very much a fan of quantity on a singular mixtape though because one or two genres would always be bought out instantly.

I can already tell certain mixtapes are going to be left in the dust like you said too, but I don't think a gambling solution is a good answer. We still have "Epic" as one of them and that's not very good. I would rather choose the genre if I do a swap like that.

Honestly, I think it's about time for more song suggestions. Hell, if I had the chance, I would put hundreds of more songs up if we had the chance. Never enough VG music and Jpop.

RE: Mixtape NPC Shop - Balbasur - 05-04-2022

(05-03-2022, 11:26 PM)TJ1524 Wrote:  I wouldn't mind spending frags on mixtapes. I like the idea of only being able to buy one overall per reset. Not very much a fan of quantity on a singular mixtape though because one or two genres would always be bought out instantly.

I can already tell certain mixtapes are going to be left in the dust like you said too, but I don't think a gambling solution is a good answer. We still have "Epic" as one of them and that's not very good. I would rather choose the genre if I do a swap like that.

Honestly, I think it's about time for more song suggestions. Hell, if I had the chance, I would put hundreds of more songs up if we had the chance. Never enough VG music and Jpop.

You make a good point! I think having the higher quantity but only 1 per reset would be good.

And I agree completely on the songs, I'm fully prepared to make an extensive list with mp3 files included for more genres and songs for brass to add. I think there can be great diversity in genres as well, and possibly some polishing of old mixtapes. For instance, Dota by Basshunter is in 2 different mixtape genres, with 2 different names. There's an anime intro in Pop instead of international, and Rock only have like 7 songs.

What do you think a good implementation for liquidating mixtapes would be? I think being able to choose the tape might be good, as long as there is a larger variety of songs. It'll let someone get a tape that they truly want, and allows them to re-roll a tape if they get the genre they want, but don't have songs they like.