Forerunner Gaming

Full Version: send aid please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I literally play maps that I used to play with 60 fps on, with 20 fps now.

I upgraded to an eight core and a 950 gtx. I've pretty much tried everything here. I'm moving to a new house soon and we'll be running wifi instead of wired, I really hope it's just my internet, but I find it hard to believe it would be when I've got a just-fine 30-40 ping. I've tried enabling multicore, and every other solution too, G-mod normally NEVER runs this bad. Does anyone have an idea?

(Normally I would just suck it up but it's been ruining a few T-rounds and some heavily optimized maps are simply just cancer for my fps.)
Your internet wouldn't effect your fps, so it's definitely not your internet.
(09-11-2016, 05:14 PM)hockeyfn Wrote: [ -> ]Your internet wouldn't effect your fps, so it's definitely not your internet.

Ech, you're right. I'm bad at wording things, I know my PC needs better cooling but I don't think my cpu heating up to about 30c is gunna cause any major issues, shit my gpu doesn't even go above 30c on Gmod for the most part.
It COULD be cooling, but I'd rather adress other issues it could be before I have to spend more moola.
hello
(09-11-2016, 06:09 PM)Eclipse Wrote: [ -> ]hello

hulo
cam's mom is going to be here in 30 minutes dont come upstairs
(09-11-2016, 05:48 PM)Matlas Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2016, 05:14 PM)hockeyfn Wrote: [ -> ]Your internet wouldn't effect your fps, so it's definitely not your internet.

Ech, you're right. I'm bad at wording things, I know my PC needs better cooling but I don't think my cpu heating up to about 30c is gunna cause any major issues, shit my gpu doesn't even go above 30c on Gmod for the most part.
It COULD be cooling, but I'd rather adress other issues it could be before I have to spend more moola.

30 c is nothing for cpu or a gpu. Unless you have an old ass gpu or cpu 30 c should be nothing. My cpu goes up to 50c and my gpu up to 80c
(09-11-2016, 09:55 PM)hockeyfn Wrote: [ -> ]

30 c is nothing for cpu or a gpu. Unless you have an old ass gpu or cpu 30 c should be nothing. My cpu goes up to 50c and my gpu up to 80c

That's pretty crazy for a gpu from what I hear, all I hear is that it shouldn't be going about over 50-60c, but I am currently running a gtx 950, and an AMD 8120. Wired internet, etc.

But if anyone at all has some idea for helping I'd really REALLY love some, I've tried doing all low settings, it didn't help majorly.
(09-11-2016, 10:42 PM)Matlas Wrote: [ -> ]

That's pretty crazy for a gpu from what I hear, all I hear is that it shouldn't be going about over 50-60c, but I am currently running a gtx 950, and an AMD 8120. Wired internet, etc.

But if anyone at all has some idea for helping I'd really REALLY love some, I've tried doing all low settings, it didn't help majorly.

Well i have a 290x and there known to be able to run at 90c easily. But it seems strange with the specs you have to lag at all on gmod.
(09-11-2016, 11:25 PM)hockeyfn Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-11-2016, 10:42 PM)Matlas Wrote: [ -> ]

Well i have a 290x and there known to be able to run at 90c easily. But it seems strange with the specs you have to lag at all on gmod.

I'm about to remove all my mods, I only got roughly 40.
Pages: 1 2