Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Coin Sink Idea

Coin sink you mean Bone Crates?
Find

Wasn't this already discussed lots of times? Pretty much the people that have them always say no while the people that don't own much always say yes. I can remember discussing renting someone's loadout and it happened. I remember discussing individual guns.

Best course of action is the Rune of Power. Make it so you can choose a godlike, or a primordial with a trait, or legendary with two traits, and so on.

Perhaps instead of having flat out a choice of any, Godlikes have a certain number appear to pick from a selection of some and then the lower tiers get more selection. Like pick one of three godlikes, one of five prims, one of a seven legendaries, or any of all of the below rarities. All traits/suffixes are available though barring a few like anguish or godlike things.

This remake is better considering everyones not going to be able to pick something from the flashback crate all the time and rune of powers don't get dropped too often at all. People will be able to make meme weapons at the cost of lowering the tier.

I think it would be kind of cool to see glock-a-doodle with more damage, a suffix, and tracking. Or a swift with mobility boost, huge problem's trait and double shoot.

Maybe I'm talking about something impossible, but I think it would be kind of a cool trial for something to look forward to using a now useless rune.
Find

Whichever the case, it'll always be "People who want to play TTT with the cool inventory system" vs "People who want to play the cool inventory system, and TTT is a byproduct". Its pretty obvious who stands where, its just a shame that FRG has so much emphasis on the latter. Enjoying the best of both worlds is the kino option, but there's no fence sitting, its gonna be one of the fields. I mean, I sure as heck ain't gonna dedicate a massive amount of time to grinding. I could, I guess. People say "oh you can't get 15k coins a day" while others say "oh its not that bad, you can get whatever you want", but in the end, items are dropped and decided by the players, so its not like there's going to be a set market. I could save up 200,000 coins (which I did) for that cool dragon deagle ripoff, but nobody would sell me one so I gambled it all into the crates and got nothing. Sucks, but I'd still like to use that deagle.

I just can't enjoy the system that it currently is, and I'm probably in the extreme minority, so honestly it might just be better for me to call it quits, rather than bitch and complain. Things change. Summoning gets released, Evolution of Combat comes out, etc. Maybe in a few years we'll have FRG Classic heh. I just want to play TTT and use cool shit, like those neat new extinct guns and fun stuff, but its either luck or grind and I'm too busy for that being a filthy rotting NEET fuck. I like my vigorous AUG anyways, so who needs any other gun.

This idea is pretty podunk, that's true, what Tobias said makes a lot of sense. Let's get different coin sinks in here my dudeios.

ALSO CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHY FRG TIMES OUT SO OFTEN? I CAN'T BROWSE THIS DAMN WEBSITE WITHOUT IT CRASHING.

Quote: Maybe in a few years we'll have FRG Classic heh

in a few years, Classic FRG will be Garry's mod FRG, while new FRG is S&box FRG.
Find

but like

"hey can I buy your gun"

"its a rental"

every 5 min
JuicyBoxer
St.Jimmy
Dumpweed
AnthemPartThree
Murph
Debaser

i need to stop doing this
Find

This was my proposal:

Just do something similar to what TF2 does with its rental system (and I like the idea of making this the new rune of power buff, so ill try to incorporate that into my idea at the end)

But my thought was...
You're able to rent out a gun. This is any gun you want, give the gun RNG to have a good suffix chance/ random traits/ etc etc, its as if the gun was actually rolled.
However, the side-effects to using a rented weapon would be that A) you can only use one rented weapon at a time, B) once you've rented a weapon you can not immediately go rent another weapon, and C) there's a hefty cooldown for when you can rent that same kind of weapon. (Not to mention the gun would have a new rarity to disclose the fact it's a rental. Perhaps just make them all ordinary, with that gross grey background?)

If you add the rune of power to this, it becomes more of something like you can use the rune of power to grant yourself a godlike+ weapon of your choice for use for 3 days/24 hours of total playtime, and there's no real cooldown.
(I mean heck, if it takes a godlike rune to be able to just try out a godlike+ weapon for however long, that defeats the idea of the rental but it also gives way so that nobody's really able to complain.)

(and tbh i was cool with the first rental idea, because at the end of the day it definitely helps with the whole kos off weapon situation that people with rare guns constantly deal with, and I would've more than fine with seeing a few more rental daybreaks around the server. Just make the cooldown to rent the same weapon something of a month or so, and both ends of the party should have no reason to complain)

oh but +1 to this idea anyhow xp
When a dragon round begins.

Find

(07-21-2018, 01:45 PM)Fancy Typhlosion Wrote:  This was my proposal:

Just do something similar to what TF2 does with its rental system (and I like the idea of making this the new rune of power buff, so ill try to incorporate that into my idea at the end)

But my thought was...
You're able to rent out a gun. This is any gun you want, give the gun RNG to have a good suffix chance/ random traits/ etc etc, its as if the gun was actually rolled.
However, the side-effects to using a rented weapon would be that A) you can only use one rented weapon at a time, B) once you've rented a weapon you can not immediately go rent another weapon, and C) there's a hefty cooldown for when you can rent that same kind of weapon. (Not to mention the gun would have a new rarity to disclose the fact it's a rental. Perhaps just make them all ordinary, with that gross grey background?)

If you add the rune of power to this, it becomes more of something like you can use the rune of power to grant yourself a godlike+ weapon of your choice for use for 3 days/24 hours of total playtime,  and there's no real cooldown.
(I mean heck, if it takes a godlike rune to be able to just try out a godlike+ weapon for however long, that defeats the idea of the rental but it also gives way so that nobody's really able to complain.)

(and tbh i was cool with the first rental idea, because at the end of the day it definitely helps with the whole kos off weapon situation that people with rare guns constantly deal with, and I would've more than fine with seeing a few more rental daybreaks around the server. Just make the cooldown to rent the same weapon something of a month or so, and both ends of the party should have no reason to complain)

oh but +1 to this idea anyhow xp

+1 I like the idea that you cant just instantly rent another weapon after renting one, and the cooldown for renting the same gun
Find

(07-21-2018, 02:10 AM)Terran Wrote:  Whichever the case, it'll always be "People who want to play TTT with the cool inventory system" vs "People who want to play the cool inventory system, and TTT is a byproduct". Its pretty obvious who stands where, its just a shame that FRG has so much emphasis on the latter. Enjoying the best of both worlds is the kino option, but there's no fence sitting, its gonna be one of the fields. I mean, I sure as heck ain't gonna dedicate a massive amount of time to grinding. I could, I guess. People say "oh you can't get 15k coins a day" while others say "oh its not that bad, you can get whatever you want", but in the end, items are dropped and decided by the players, so its not like there's going to be a set market. I could save up 200,000 coins (which I did) for that cool dragon deagle ripoff, but nobody would sell me one so I gambled it all into the crates and got nothing. Sucks, but I'd still like to use that deagle.

I just can't enjoy the system that it currently is, and I'm probably in the extreme minority, so honestly it might just be better for me to call it quits, rather than bitch and complain. Things change. Summoning gets released, Evolution of Combat comes out, etc. Maybe in a few years we'll have FRG Classic heh. I just want to play TTT and use cool shit, like those neat new extinct guns and fun stuff, but its either luck or grind and I'm too busy for that being a filthy rotting NEET fuck. I like my vigorous AUG anyways, so who needs any other gun.

This idea is pretty podunk, that's true, what Tobias said makes a lot of sense. Let's get different coin sinks in here my dudeios.

ALSO CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHY FRG TIMES OUT SO OFTEN? I CAN'T BROWSE THIS DAMN WEBSITE WITHOUT IT CRASHING.

This is why I only play once in a blue moon. It took me some thinking and I've made some other very long comments that I've now realized are mistaken in what it was that I thought drove me away.

Oh look a cool gun. How do you get it? Well you first need to spend 2-4 hours every day grinding events I don't enjoy after the first 10 play throughs. (Maybe that's just me and a few others) To eventually get enough coins to then not have anyone sell it to you. I tried for like a month to buy just a somewhat rare gun like a Deathbringer for overpay. I can't imagine the futility of getting anything actually rare. So you then spend it on a crate with a rare thing and don't get the rare thing. Rinse and repeat for 200 hours.

You can't really trade your way up to anything since no one sells anything of real value unless you already own one of the super rare things. So you have to go through like 5 layers of abstracted rng on the lobby. Even worse it's not even done through playing the gamemode I come on this server to play or really enjoy playing.

I've realized I wasn't enjoying my time playing ttt, because It doesn't progress my goal, and I wasn't having fun on the lobby gamemodes as I don't enjoy them. You have to do a bunch of stuff that at least I really don't find fulfillment in to get content for the gamemode I do. Right now if you just want to play ttt you can't access probably more than half of the content FOR ttt. I understand the lobby system is a gimmick for this server, but it's pretty off-putting to me and I can guarantee you it's off-putting to new players who just want to play ttt without a bunch of fluff that gets shoved down their throat to then actually get to play ttt.

This is not an attack on anyone or to discredit the incredible amount of work and effort put into the lobby and it's additions. I just think it's at odds with the actual ttt gameplay. It actively encourages you to not play the gamemode the loot you are getting is for because it's an incredibly inefficient use of time from a cost rewards standpoint.

Challenge scrolls and the dailies are great additions that have helped combat this a little, but those don't change just how much content is locked from you if you just want to play ttt. A system like above would be huge in combating these problems by actually letting people who want to play ttt to actually do so. And this should be something achievable by those who play just ttt. Even though you kind of get into Korean free to play shooter syndrome where most of your currency is spent trying to upkeep what you have.

I was kind of trying to make two different points in one rant so I hope I managed to convey them both without it being a massive mess.

1: Most content for the ttt server is not achievable for those who want to just play ttt.

2: If people are willing to even do lobby content they don't enjoy for ttt content because it's just more efficient and is at odds with wanting to play ttt due to that it is better at gaining access to content for ttt than ttt. And even then it's still really unlikely you get something of value. Creating a negative feedback loop. I admit I don't think this is a problem for people who genuinely enjoy the lobby content, although I suspect that number is smaller than most would assume.
Find

Pretty much what Tarra said sums it up real well, yeah.
Find