Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rant

(07-07-2018, 11:47 AM)Brassx Wrote:  Calling it lackluster is fair If you really feel that way, but definitely a bit demotivating to say the least. This was, like I said, also a test for extinct items. To see if they needed more added to them to be worth it, or if they needed to cost more shards, etc. Since only 6 out of the 40+ godlikes have been made extinct so far, there's plenty of room for improvement.

ack
When i said lackluster i didnt mean the update itself. I worded that really poorly in my tire.
The word lackluster was in direction to what I previously mentioned, in respect to the "false idea" everyone had created. People expected a miracle, and that's not what happened.

My only disappointment was that I thought the old 3 godlikes (tart, thrak, railgun) would become a lot more rare making them super cool to have. That was the main thing for me that caught me off was when people still dropped them in a like 1:3 ratio to the new godlikes.

We all have an idea for what we think should have happened. People always came to me saying "This isnt going to work!", and every time I tried to re-establish their faith in that Brassx knew what he was doing and would do it right.
Of course, I still believe that. I'm just nitpicking at little details that I feel could have happened smoother, but who am I to say? I'm not the one who stayed up sick just to give people something they wanted Wink

and:

Here's a little bit of my thoughts, since people are actually making discussion on this thread.

I understand the reworking of the value of the coin, but with my understanding of how the rarities are working for the tart/thrakos/railgun into the new system alongside the nexus/epilogue/shadow, arent godlikes now still technically going to be at least a little bit more common than they used to be?
My thoughts for eco were that godlikes were going to be pumped into a degree of rarity that makes it so it's more of a struggle to get an extinct godlike. Not just an end-tier, but that after these two weeks, people wont pass a godlike for less than 80k in a market where coins arent everywhere, so 80k is a lot. I thought that would have been done through making the old 3 godlikes very rare and re-establishing a system in which new godlikes that are shown are, technically, more rare. (and perhaps this eventually will be done if crate prices dont change with the downfall of the coin. I just expected that coins wouldnt be getting all the attention, but that the godlike market would be reworked instead, thus influencing the way coins are used and distributed)
When a dragon round begins.

Find

I was under the impression that railgun, tart and thrakos were going to be removed from crates entirely and replaced with the 3 new godlikes. I think I would have liked to see that but it's not a huge deal. Maybe it's time to make some more even rarer guns that can drop from crates and not just post round. Celestial rarity and exotic rarity don't have much right now.

(07-07-2018, 03:36 PM)Jake1o Wrote:  I was under the impression that railgun, tart and thrakos were going to be removed from crates entirely and replaced with the 3 new godlikes. I think I would have liked to see that but it's not a huge deal. Maybe it's time to make some more even rarer guns that can drop from crates and not just post round. Celestial rarity and exotic rarity don't have much right now.
I already explained to you previously they weren't being removed (that would be silly). They just being made 2x as rare(for a star).  Removing the access to them doesn't make sense to me, and solves nothing.

Just look at the number of crate exclusives that have dropped in the past few days compared to the globals. There isn't much of a comparison, so we already have that.. You guys are only paying attention to the global godlikes that are dropping. How many mega's, onuris', CCD's (from item crate II), Ascultones, etc have dropped? Not many. How many THOUSANDS of crates were opened without a godlike or profit at all? Countless. This update is doing good, and like I said, more people DO NOT roll godlikes at all than those who do.

I have been adjusting the rarity of the tart, railgun and thrakos as they WERE supposed to be a lot more rare than they turned out to be currently. They drop from too many different things and there are too many OF them for them not to be common to a certain degree. But yeah.. RNG is tough to 'balance' properly. They are basically Djinn rarity right now.

I did multiple 100k crate simulations on tidals, item II's, and Item I's in 10k batches, pre-update, to test their drop rates and the average godlike rate was 2 in 10k crates. Most I saw was 4 though. That seemed pretty good to me, but you can just never fully be sure with RNG.

I don't see anything alarming right now though, it's all working currently. Again Pay attention to all the crates being opened and the lack of Crate Exclusives being opened, and hopefully the lack of direct coin profit spewed from crates.
Find

You also gotta nerf the amount of coins people get from stuff, my dude. Like, honestly, coins shouldn't drop from events, crates, special rounds or anything. Wouldn't the perfect economy literally be only the coins you get end-round or trade with players? Give it enough time, it'll balance out. Right now you can get so much damn money from lucky maps and stuff. Instead of that, you should ONLY ever drop crates or items. You could still sell 'em.
Find

(07-07-2018, 07:59 PM)Terran Wrote:  You also gotta nerf the amount of coins people get from stuff, my dude. Like, honestly, coins shouldn't drop from events, crates, special rounds or anything. Wouldn't the perfect economy literally be only the coins you get end-round or trade with players? Give it enough time, it'll balance out. Right now you can get so much damn money from lucky maps and stuff. Instead of that, you should ONLY ever drop crates or items. You could still sell 'em.

Yeah I've already considered that. Look at kuro's post for what happened basically. People started not caring about anything below prim/godlike. Which made it hard for something to feel 'worth doing' without making 10291029102 new godlikes and primordials, but even then, it's still not 'worth' doing to most people because the drop rates would be too uncommon. So the best way was occasional coins. It made things feel 'worth it' to people. No one does things for just fun alone now days, it's full of min/max 'greed' players, who need to min/max profits at all times.

It sucks, but it's what we've got at the moment. I've tried to fight that and ended up with dead content/countless complaints about things needing 'loot buffs'. It's rough.

I definitely understand how hard it can be, and I think you've done everything great (as I mentioned before). Really not fair for people to go to you and say "REE IT NOT PERFECT". I just can't enjoy playing on the server due to how some of the people are and the mechanics, but that's just me. Still rooting for FRG (always).
Find

i think my main gripe about the eco update is the fact that some had knowledge before others allowing them to get ahead by buy all the cheep godlike's. that seemed real uncool.
Everybody look left

Everybody look right

Everywhere you look I'm--

Standing in the spotlight
Find

(07-08-2018, 12:26 AM)Derp-A-Doodle-Doo Wrote:  i think my main gripe about the eco update is the fact that some had knowledge before others allowing them to get ahead by buy all the cheep godlike's. that seemed real uncool.

Well all info was publicly announced 7 months ago, and stated several other times, teasers, status updates, and other Q/A's in the discord. So that's kind of just a silly complaint. I do agree I announced it a little too early(I didn't plan on it taking so long, but IRL got in the way), and people saved up for a super long time. But that's to be expected, it's not like some secret circle of people knew about it. It was stated a lot of times over the course of half a year.
Find

The update was far from perfect, but it's just what we needed. I will say the one thing that Brass did absolutely PERFECTLY was making the Flashback crate so rare. I feared it'd drop like Jinns, and half the server would be running rampant with suffixed Last Prayers'. Yet look now, probably a million+ crates have been rolled and only 2 have dropped. 100% my favorite part of the update
Umpty Dumpty
Find