Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rant

{rant}

Call me old timely, but I kinda miss how the economy was when the server was in its first few months. Guns were balanced, it was fun. no one was above another and anything above uncommon, felt worth something. rare's were rare and was exciting to get them. Now a day's we get Legendary's and were just thing, "great, another key to make" Nothing feels worth while to drop anymore, its insane. I remember when the first Ascultone dropped and the most people had were like 5k. Coins had value and no one had 5 mil

Now we have god-likes drops by the seconds. Today alone, like over 10 god-likes dropped. Why? since the Eco update. the "New" god-likes don't feel new, they feel washed up and most people already have them. God-likes used to actually be rare, and almost non existent. That's how it should've been all these years later in FRG.

I know people will argue "Oh, overtime the market will just flood with them anyway" that's true. But It shouldn't be this easy to get god-likes, Like I said. New god-likes. Aren't knew at this point, so many have dropped way too quickly. It should've just been a Prim rarity

I'm going to go back into NTG to bring back one thing i really liked about their drop system, With the Dragon Mac10, Smg, Glock.
Almost no one had one. Some took years to drop (Dragon SMG) It made a special weapon feel even more special. becaues it was actually rare.

Something feels wrong about running through the TTT server. and everyone have Only Legendary's and above, 50% of the community using a godlike of some sort. Whats the point of having ordinary, common and uncommon tiers if they aren't Common. Every since the tidal crate, every crate after only has Unlikely and above

The market became too saturated with legendary's, Prims, Godlikes. instead of keeping it simple.

Now people only use unlikely or rare tiers for a challenge or daily quest.

the same goes for coins, I feel like coins became worthless when people can have 100k and still be poor.
When having 5k ment you were able to buy almost anything

Prices haven't really changed much since Eco, But lowering coin drops made the economy a little tougher to manage. Might be a little too late to fix that. Especially for New players. they come in, they have the starter guns (which are legendary's to begin with) come across people with 500k, godlikes and a couple prims. so when they get anything "rare" they dont want it and its gone.

TBH If brass announced he's gonna give a full inventory Wipe to "Reset" the market entirely. I'd happily play again with nothing but the old starter weapons (the non enchancable ones).

/rant

Opinions? its shitposting mainly because I didn't want this to be in the feed and cause an even bigger debate
Twistz
Positive (+1): Ill Baja Blast you in bed Kappa. +1.

Yeah. Eco was a really good chance to get things right.

And while they werent exactly done "wrong", I feel like we gave ourselves a false idea of what was happening.

Im going to keep this short, I've touched on this subject enough. If someone wants me to explain all my thoughts PM me if for some reason you do. But I was hoping that with the new sharding, godlikes would be rarer but not non-existent. That extincts would be the new eye, as godlikes used to be. Make something into its true form.

I'dunno. Lackluster but also not; It's all new, but it feels the same.
When a dragon round begins.

Find

You seem to have a very close point of view to mine. I know exactly how you feel. It just doesn't feel like it used to. Sad thing is, things are gonna change, and there's no real way to go back to how it was now. You can't remove godlikes from people. You can't wipe everyone's inventory because of donations, which is completely understandable. Things have just changed. Some people like it, some people dont, i miss how things were in the first year or so, but i've come to terms with how the server is now and have realized that it may just not be for me anymore, which is fine. But I do know exactly how you feel. It does suck when the magic and mystery of new godlikes are spoiled within half an hour.

EDIT: Maybe also the eco update just needs time to realize it's effects, but so far it seems like everyone just knows exactly how to not lose profit. It also is a bit of a downer that many people were able to buy up a bunch of cheap godlikes before the update and give them a huge economic advantage when the update did drop.
Find

Brass has to keep people interested, and, sadly, the majority have attention spans that can only be kept up with constant changes. Its depressing, but a lot of the people here play just to collect more stuff. That's not inherently bad in any real manner, but that's how it is.

Economy Update is a dumb name for this recent update, though. The only good part of it is the coin dump from those crates, but I can also understand why its hard for Brass to figure out what would be good. Ain't easy.

I also think that, in the future, NOBODY but Brass should EVER know what is coming up. No beef on Kuro or his cronies, but when you learn months prior about a big change and profit off it at the expense of others', that kinda sucks.

i miss the days where fuzzy dropping the first bellum was exciting. the first night hawk was one of the most wanted guns. when the gun rarities felt right. not i just dont car about anything under prims and it feels off
Everybody look left

Everybody look right

Everywhere you look I'm--

Standing in the spotlight

I liked the economy how it was right after chosen dropped the first Tartarus. Godlikes felt impressive to have and there weren't too many of them
JuicyBoxer
St.Jimmy
Dumpweed
AnthemPartThree
Murph
Debaser

i need to stop doing this
Find

I completely understand this argument, but you have to see both sides. Most of these arguments comes from nostalgic players who want the game to hold the same charm it did years ago, but even if things stayed the same, it absolutely wouldn't. You can't keep a sufficient amount of people around and continue to grow with a couple of rare godlikes, especially when obtaining godlikes has been a huge reason for people sticking around. You're lying if you're saying you could stay interested in FRG for years upon years with the base weapons and with only a handful of godlikes in circulation. Either that, or your computer just can't run anything other than gmod.

(07-07-2018, 03:51 AM)Lehoe Wrote:  Now we have god-likes drops by the seconds. Today alone, like over 10 god-likes dropped. Why? since the Eco update. the "New" god-likes don't feel new, they feel washed up and most people already have them. God-likes used to actually be rare, and almost non existent. That's how it should've been all these years later in FRG.
I firmly believe a majority of players would not have stuck around if this were the case. Godlikes are a neat thing to have that completely change the experience of a player and could influence them to stay. As far as godlikes feeling fresh and rare, Extinct Godlikes were made to satisfy that need. Only the rich and prepared were able to create them. Yeah, there's over a dozen of them already, but who cares? They're still insanely special and rare. I can't even fathom how you'd find it "lackluster" when it provided the community with a major argument of this thread while also mass-deleting the amount of godlikes in circulation.

(07-07-2018, 03:51 AM)Lehoe Wrote:  I'm going to go back into NTG to bring back one thing i really liked about their drop system, With the Dragon Mac10, Smg, Glock.
Almost no one had one. Some took years to drop (Dragon SMG) It made a special weapon feel even more special. becaues it was actually rare.
I've never considered the commonality of the Thrakos, Tartarus, Railgun, Nexus, etc. to devalue rare godlikes such as the Onuris. A healthy balance of common-tier godlikes and rare-tier godlikes is necessary to sustain an interesting server (in my obviously professional opinion), and there are plenty of both that feel very special to both new and old players. Look at the Blackdeath, that's a super rare drop and if anyone had it, they'd feel special. The problem is, you're arguing you want rare guns to feel special, but it also seems like you want everyone to have the rare gun otherwise it doesn't count, which is why you're ignoring the rare guns that do exist or just regarding them as "unobtainable."

(07-07-2018, 03:51 AM)Lehoe Wrote:  Something feels wrong about running through the TTT server. and everyone have Only Legendary's and above, 50% of the community using a godlike of some sort. Whats the point of having ordinary, common and uncommon tiers if they aren't Common. Every since the tidal crate, every crate after only has Unlikely and above
Challenge scrolls and dailies have given purpose to lower tier items, as well as creating keys. It's hard to keep low tiers interesting while also having a million ways to get loot which would make them underwhelmingly common. Like you said earlier, people like guns that make them feel special. All that's really happening with this is the special tiers are being raised into legendary and primordial, honestly what's wrong with that? There's no difference if they're as common as Legendaries used to be back in the day, they're just under a different name. This is obviously being worked towards with the 16 unique primordials being entered into the economy soon* (Forerunner Tier 2.0 Packages), and that should balance things out to give older players the same feel of having normal guns that feel special, unless you're being dumb and care that much about the rarity name.

Overall, I think you're focusing too much on the nostalgia factor and looking at how things USED to be and looking at specific coin amounts/tier rarities when none of that really matters. We did have a coin problem for sure but the eco update is balancing things out as best as can (it's a slow process that depends on people continuing to mass open). Yeah, 5k used to be rich and now 100k isn't rich, but the prices of goods flexes to that so it balances out to be the same regardless.

By the way, Poison's 5m coin count doesn't count as real currency that's in the economy as long as he doesn't spend it. He's basically a coin sink.

(07-07-2018, 03:51 AM)Lehoe Wrote:  /rant

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

Ughhh quote my rant from the shoutbox into here ty
Find

Eh I understand your concern, but I think its a bit misplaced. Nothing will ever feel as good as the good 'ol days. That's with almost anything. It's 'graduation goggles' so to speak. Nostalgia is a powerful thing. The early days of something always seem better, and more exciting. Unlimited potential and wonder. That is always gone after awhile, and there's nothing you can really do to get it back.

You're also under the impression that all godlikes are the same rarity.. They aren't, why are you ignoring all of the rare ones that hardly anyone has? (Also over 10 godlikes did not drop yesterday, hello)

Of course things will be more common now that people have steady ways to gain loot, and it's been around for years. That's just facts, and while global godlikes are more common(because they can be obtained from more things), there's MORE godlikes that are not common at all, and it's really unfair for you to ignore them and act like the new ones are the only ones that we have/count. Just give it time to balance itself out, when literally 100's of thousands of coins are being spent on crates, things are bound to proc. (coins are also being drained from the economy too)

I did already state though that I knew the first week or two of the update will be chaos, and it is, it just needs some time for things to settle down. Two complaints I've heard countless times "Godlikes are way too rare" or "Godlikes are way too common". If it's not one, it's the other. Neither of them have the full facts and are basing things off skewed opinions and/or personal bias'. Well over 150 godlikes have been turned into shards at this point, that's an insane number of godlikes removed from the system. These new godlikes have the exact same rarity as thrakos, tartarus, and railguns all did before this update.

Eventually shards will allow all godlikes (even the tart,thrakos,railgun, etc) to have a more stable price, which was the goal of the update, along side creating the ultimate end-game, which is to use 10 godlikes to upgrade your favorite godlike into something super cool, it doesn't have to be super OP or over the top, I don't know why any of you would even think that's okay to do. To make it super OP (greed I suppose). You will be able to use shards to reforge your Extinct as well(for new zodiacs).

Calling it lackluster is fair If you really feel that way, but definitely a bit demotivating to say the least. This was, like I said, also a test for extinct items. To see if they needed more added to them to be worth it, or if they needed to cost more shards, etc. Since only 6 out of the 40+ godlikes have been made extinct so far, there's plenty of room for improvement.

With all things relating to the economy, it takes time for changes to happen. Whether or not the change will be good, is still yet to be seen. You can't expect prices to instantly shift as soon as an update occurs. The biggest mistake was announcing the update months ahead of time, and is why things are even more chaotic than they would be if I didn't.

There has been almost 4 million coins sunk into crates, and the new stuff. That is coins not returned to the user as calculated from total coins in the economy vs the reading while back. There's still A LOT of coins here, and that's fine. We may just need to increase crate prices again, and add more sinks.

I guarantee you guys the drop frequency of the godlikes will go down within a week.

I'm glad to see other people having concerns about the eco. I've aired my own thoughts plenty of times of what I think could be improved or could be done to change things for the better but outside for a few specific instances it felt like I was the only person besides maybe tobias who gave that stuff any thought.

I'd say I agree with the feeing of godlikes being too common, or at least only in comparison to how much coins I can assume are being drained out.
'm glad to see the godlikes being much more actively traded, but I feel like they're being replaced much too quickly to really make a dent and the new ones may have been devalued because of it.

Personally it feels like there was a shift a long time ago, where everything magically slid up in rarity and never adjusted correctly.
Standard/commons nowadays are basically deleted on the spot to reserve inven space
The absolute lowest you can imagine holding onto is uncommon
Unlikely is 90% of what you will roll
The multiple godlikes a day are something like how many prims rolled a day before
The thing that extincts did was make upgraded godlikes that feel like godlikes used to. (experiencing one being created or seeing one in-game.)

I honestly feel bad for Brass in the position he's in, the server like a 4d chess fingerbox trap nightmare that no matter what is changed it will have some adverse reaction somewhere.
I'd be having an existential crisis every day if I had to deal with this
Quote:Events too good, people like doing them instead of TTT, make end round drops better and add luck maps
No one plays events and leeches luck rounds instead, buff grims
Too many coins in eco due to buffs, no one rolls crates
Crate system too good, makes people profit and they roll hella godlikes
Design an update to tackle inflation and use up excess godlikes
>THE FUCKING NEXUS IS OP NERF IT NOWWWWWWW

As far as I can tell, everything is being closely monitored to make sure that the eco update is doing its' job and suggestions are always appreciated.

Personally I'd like to see a complete removal of coins from rolling in crates and leave coins to only potentially roll from keys, but this idea is so blasphemous that someone would have my head if it was ever implemented.

(07-07-2018, 04:08 AM)Terran Wrote:  I also think that, in the future, NOBODY but Brass should EVER know what is coming up. No beef on Kuro or his cronies, but when you learn months prior about a big change and profit off it at the expense of others', that kinda sucks.
Listen here you smarmy canadian fuck (it's joke)

If you're assuming I'm some sort of one way radio that only people with special ears get to listen to you couldn't be farther from the truth
The only knowledge I've had of the eco update was only public information and things I directly suggested. I was never told any information about the things I suggested that would prove useful to anybody ESPECIALLY anything that would impact the economy in any way.

The information available to the public was out for 7 months before eco came out and it specifically highlights the reusing of old godlikes for the purpose of upgrading them into extinct versions. There's no way that you can even try to begin connecting me or anybody I talk to regularly to any change in the economy. I don't know how you could possibly even miss it when it was anybody was talking about for a while especially prior to eco being confirmed to coming out.
Find