Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Paying the person who can fix my disgusting lag

Happens to me too, but only on my Laptop. Works fine on my pc, but for some reason it's different.
Umpty Dumpty
Find

Fuzzy if you have any other apps running at the same time as gmod that may affect it try closing some
Find

I can join fairly quick (~30 seconds).

I think that the lag is caused by the content loading, since that's the message I get when I stop lagging after joining.

As for coinshop, I have no idea what causes that, other than the weird "hey there?" message.

Inventory makes sense because it's loading all the items inside.

Dying is the one that annoys me the most, since I have no idea what causes it, because it doesn't happen every time.

If you think my specs would help, here they are:

Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

CPU
Intel Core i7 3930K @ 3.20GHz
Sandy Bridge-E 32nm Technology

RAM
16.0GB DDR3 @ 667MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. RAMPAGE IV FORMULA (LGA2011)

Graphics
LG ULTRAWIDE (2560x1080@60Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (EVGA)

Storage
232GB Western Digital WDC WD2500JS-00MHB1 ATA Device (SATA )
1863GB Seagate ST2000DM006-2DM164 ATA Device (SATA )
465GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AAKS-00H2B0 ATA Device (SATA )
223GB KINGSTON SV300S37A240G ATA Device (SATA-2 (SSD)) <------- GMOD Hard Drive

Update: Turning off multi-core rendering made it about 20% better when I join the server.
Find

i have had the same problem for awhile now, its what lead to me taking a break from gmod a while back and why i dont play as much anymore. when your game tanks anytime you get in a fight and loading in takes forever where you miss rounds and such its annoying. really hope we can find out what causes this issue. cuz nothing i have tried has done anything. re installing gmod, graphic drivers, windows. putting it on an ssd, lowering settings, and everything else you'd think could be causing it.
also what is the "hey there?" message, i get that to

figured id include my specs as well since i am having the same issue. but we don't have similar parts so i don't think its hardware related

Processor: AMD FX™-8320
RAM: 8 GB DDR3 (not sure speed)
Motherboard: msi 760GM-P34 FX
Grapics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (my old 750 ti had the same issue so its not card related)
Resolution: 2560 x 1080 x 60 hertz ( my older monitors he same issue so its not them)
storage: 500GB sandisk SSD (not drive related i have tried on 5 different ssd/hdd)
Everybody look left

Everybody look right

Everywhere you look I'm--

Standing in the spotlight
Find

(07-05-2018, 12:28 AM)Fuzzy "Mc-Cones" Mcnomnoms Wrote:  For the last year or so, gmod lags incredibly badly when I: Join the server, open the coinshop (which says "hey there?" each time), open inventory, and when I almost or fully die (sometimes).

I have no idea what causes this and I'm getting tired of dying because I can't fight back properly.

gmod's installed on my SSD, the ram isn't even half consumed (16gb) and the cpu isn't even close to being overworked. As far as I know it's not server lag as my connection is both Ethernet and above 50mbps on average.  

If anyone knows how to fix this or has an idea as to what could be causing it, I will reward you. The more it helps me, the larger your reward. Rewards will vary from 100 coins to somewhere around 5000 in coins or guns. Any help is appropriated, but not all help will be rewarded.

Thanks!

overclock PC if possible

Test if any better,
If not you narrowed down the problem.
Find