Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Paying the person who can fix my disgusting lag

For the last year or so, gmod lags incredibly badly when I: Join the server, open the coinshop (which says "hey there?" each time), open inventory, and when I almost or fully die (sometimes).

I have no idea what causes this and I'm getting tired of dying because I can't fight back properly.

gmod's installed on my SSD, the ram isn't even half consumed (16gb) and the cpu isn't even close to being overworked. As far as I know it's not server lag as my connection is both Ethernet and above 50mbps on average.

If anyone knows how to fix this or has an idea as to what could be causing it, I will reward you. The more it helps me, the larger your reward. Rewards will vary from 100 coins to somewhere around 5000 in coins or guns. Any help is appropriated, but not all help will be rewarded.

Thanks!
Find

i need at least 20k
Find

I have the exact same thing as you. The join the server one only happens when I join the server for the first time that day.
Bouncy Rounds
Find

(07-05-2018, 12:50 AM)Hala Wrote:  I have the exact same thing as you. The join the server one only happens when I join the server for the first time that day.

Yeah, mine's each time. And it's not like the computer's bogged down by addons, the install was just this morning.
Find

im pretty sure its something to do with the download system. Ever since it was added, I lag pretty bad when joining any of the servers or opening inventory, anything like that

Same here too, ever since the new download systems it takes me about 3-5 min to join lobby and 5-10 to join TTT.
Find

If the download system is that bar at the top when you first join, I don't think it's that. My problem started before that if I remember correctly
Find

Well it also has to go through all the files and make sure that they're in order, especially if its your first time on for the day, or you're rejoining after you've quit GMOD. I think its more of either an optimization issue or server issue.
Find

I don't think it's the download system. You can disable what it does via !stopdownloads.

I'm not sure what would cause it, I join in seconds. 5-10 minutes to join is nuts.
Find

(07-05-2018, 01:53 AM)Brassx Wrote:  I don't think it's the download system. You can disable what it does via !stopdownloads.

I'm not sure what would cause it, I join in seconds. 5-10 minutes to join is nuts.

I don't have any problems joining, but when I do get in, it lags pretty bad for a minute or so