Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Genuine question about failure cooldowns

Okay, so, why is it when you fail a castle run, it's basically up by the time you made it back to the castle, worm queen or bw have anywhere between 30 minutes to an hour for cooldown? I get Grim's, Survive, and Asylum

Not being whiny, just curious is all
Find

Worm Queen is also like 2-3 minutes

Bloodwynd is the only one with a fairly long cooldown
Find

no, worm queen is 54 minutes (I just failed pretty recently)
Find

(06-07-2018, 09:11 PM)GoldenGuy Wrote:  no, worm queen is 54 minutes (I just failed pretty recently)

Are you sure? Its always been 2-3 minutes from what I remember. You also don't have a cooldown for it:

Just triple checked, it only gave me a 1 minute cooldown: Your cooldown for the Worm Queen Fight expires in 00:46

Pretty sure you just got the bug where if your cooldown expires while you're on a server, it shows that it'll expire in an hour, but in reality its already done and you can do it again.
Find

(06-07-2018, 09:16 PM)tobiasxz-sanpamf Wrote:  
(06-07-2018, 09:11 PM)GoldenGuy Wrote:  no, worm queen is 54 minutes (I just failed pretty recently)

Are you sure? Its always been 2-3 minutes from what I remember. You also don't have a cooldown for it:

Just triple checked, it only gave me a 1 minute cooldown: Your cooldown for the Worm Queen Fight expires in 00:46

Pretty sure you just got the bug where if your cooldown expires while you're on a server, it shows that it'll expire in an hour, but in reality its already done and you can do it again.

oh, well fuck. then why bw though?
Find

(06-07-2018, 09:11 PM)GoldenGuy Wrote:  oh, well fuck.  then why bw though?

Wild guess: Loot, maybe?

From what I can tell WQ has kinda meh loot, at least from what I've seen people get dropped in the lobby. BW has more serious loot and thus demands a longer cooldown time?

I kinda just pulled it out of my ass so I'm okay to be wrong.
Find

(06-07-2018, 11:05 PM)Lord of Darkness Wrote:  
(06-07-2018, 09:11 PM)GoldenGuy Wrote:  oh, well fuck.  then why bw though?

Wild guess: Loot, maybe?

From what I can tell WQ has kinda meh loot, at least from what I've seen people get dropped in the lobby. BW has more serious loot and thus demands a longer cooldown time?

I kinda just pulled it out of my ass so I'm okay to be wrong.

Bloodwynd loot is trash though. Castle is way better and shorter CD for loss
Find

Worm Queen: 1 minute cd for loss
Ancient Cavern: 30 minute cd for loss
Unknown Castle: 2 minute cd for loss

This is after the recent change on lobby cooldowns, the only ones changed in that update were WQ and Castle.
Win CDs were changed from 24 hours to 6 hours, BW remained at 4 hours
Loss CDs used to be 30 minutes for Castle and 3 minutes for WQ
Bloodwynd was unaffected
Find

(06-08-2018, 02:21 AM)Kuro Wrote:  Worm Queen: 1 minute cd for loss
Ancient Cavern: 30 minute cd for loss
Unknown Castle: 2 minute cd for loss

This is after the recent change on lobby cooldowns, the only ones changed in that update were WQ and Castle.
Win  CDs were changed from 24 hours to 6 hours, BW remained at 4 hours
Loss CDs used to be 30 minutes for Castle and 3 minutes for WQ
Bloodwynd was unaffected

I understand all that, but why was he singled out for 30 min cooldown on loss? It doesn't make sense to me, when the other events have near instant. Loot isn't a factor here, as castle has slightly better, imho, and i5s not day 1 of the event, so not everyone is trying to do it at once, and even if that were the case, bw takes like 5 mins.
Find