Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Bow aoe nerf

(05-14-2018, 02:56 AM)tobiasxz Wrote:  
(05-13-2018, 11:57 PM)Lord of Darkness Wrote:  I would personally like it if you couldn't trigger the AOE pre-round as it's frequently used to troll people by dropping the AOE on large clumps of ammo, or in the path of many people.

(05-13-2018, 11:16 PM)tobiasxz Wrote:  (and you can kos people doing it for t baiting)

Also, when I've KOS'd people for doing this I've had people go "Well you can't KOS off weapon" so this isn't really a valid thing.

It's not kosing off of weapon if you watch them do it? KOSing off of weapon is when you kill someone for having a specific weapon if you didn't see them use it. I.E someone dies to a tartarus so you kill the next person you see with a tartarus.

I think the primary problem was that I didn't remember who exactly had the bow (Only one guy had the combined bow to do the AOE effect) and rapidly said "KOS the guy with the bow!" while dying to the effect (my only other option was to jump to my death), which got "Well you can't KOS off weapon." Which is probably correct.

I guess I need to memorize everyone and all of their weapons and recall this at any given moment.
Find

(05-14-2018, 05:22 AM)Lord of Darkness Wrote:  
(05-14-2018, 02:56 AM)tobiasxz Wrote:  
(05-13-2018, 11:57 PM)Lord of Darkness Wrote:  I would personally like it if you couldn't trigger the AOE pre-round as it's frequently used to troll people by dropping the AOE on large clumps of ammo, or in the path of many people.

(05-13-2018, 11:16 PM)tobiasxz Wrote:  (and you can kos people doing it for t baiting)

Also, when I've KOS'd people for doing this I've had people go "Well you can't KOS off weapon" so this isn't really a valid thing.

It's not kosing off of weapon if you watch them do it? KOSing off of weapon is when you kill someone for having a specific weapon if you didn't see them use it. I.E someone dies to a tartarus so you kill the next person you see with a tartarus.

I think the primary problem was that I didn't remember who exactly had the bow (Only one guy had the combined bow to do the AOE effect) and rapidly said "KOS the guy with the bow!" while dying to the effect (my only other option was to jump to my death), which got "Well you can't KOS off weapon." Which is probably correct.

I guess I need to memorize everyone and all of their weapons and recall this at any given moment.

No thats not allowed.
Find

(05-14-2018, 05:22 AM)Lord of Darkness Wrote:  I think the primary problem was that I didn't remember who exactly had the bow (Only one guy had the combined bow to do the AOE effect) and rapidly said "KOS the guy with the bow!" while dying to the effect (my only other option was to jump to my death), which got "Well you can't KOS off weapon." Which is probably correct.

You're sort of missing the point
With an inventory server any number of people can have the item, they can drop weapons, re-equip their loadouts, other people can have them in other ways besides owning them.
Just because they at one point have a bow in the round doesn't mean they are the ones using it to kill you.

The way it is right now rules-wise ensures people don't get unnecessarily penalized for owning something.
It makes a lot of sense in a server full of unique weapons and more being added constantly that there is a rule in place like this.

Though this rule doesn't stop people from suspecting someone for being a traitor and paying more attention to them...

(05-14-2018, 11:51 AM)Kuro Wrote:  You're sort of missing the point
With an inventory server any number of people can have the item, they can drop weapons, re-equip their loadouts, other people can have them in other ways besides owning them.
Just because they at one point have a bow in the round doesn't mean they are the ones using it to kill you.

The way it is right now rules-wise ensures people don't get unnecessarily penalized for owning something.
It makes a lot of sense in a server full of unique weapons and more being added constantly that there is a rule in place like this.

Though this rule doesn't stop people from suspecting someone for being a traitor and paying more attention to them...

I am aware of the why of the rule, and I do agree with it. It's really just frustrating to know who did it but not remember their name right off the top of my head. If I want to KOS them I have to jump to what I do know in the moment, which is typically "The bow does the AOE effect."

I hate my brain sometimes.
Find