Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

BRING BACK PROP GUNS

But why add them? It's not anything new/unique and exciting
probably an old meme that's overused by now - I'd rather see cooler projectiles than a hotdog model being shot at people for no reason

- That Thrakos Noob

(03-23-2018, 08:18 PM)Brassx Wrote:  
(03-23-2018, 08:11 PM)Dreadark Wrote:  
(03-23-2018, 07:23 PM)tobiasxz Wrote:  Well they could be changed to just do a set amount of damage instead of just insta killing people.

Even then I'm not sure if we should add them. It's basically just a huge advantage over players who don't have them. I like our suffixes because they don't just do insta damage, it takes time, so you can still recover from them. They're not necessarily game changing, whereas props which do say, an insta 25 damage, would be I feel. And they just feel obnoxious. But I guess they could be tested on server 2 and see if they're really op at all, if people wanted them added that badly.

It's not really an instant 25 damage, it would be a slower projectile.

We already have plenty of projectile suffixes, prop suffixes here would be similar to those. Slower moving, with prop model displays vs fancy particles. No 1 hit KO, not impossible to dodge (point blank makes it harder, yes), etc.

Oh I didn't consider making them slower.  I still don't quite like the idea as I don't think it's unique or interesting, but if that's what people want then I guess there's no problem adding them as a heavily nerfed version (Save, of course, the 50 different prop suffixes which do the same thing). I do think we need more suffixes, especially neat and fun ones, I just don't think prop suffixes is the way to go

while we're at it, lets get the dragon weapons in here boys.

need me a dsmg.
Find

yeah.
Find

Of the Beachballs - deflates around your feet making you slowed for x duration of time
Bouncy Rounds
Find

I mean listen guys. We already have some suffixes that are very similar to prop guns. The only difference is that they are not 1 shot kills like they were on NTG. By the way, not every prop was a 1 shot kill. Some were very slow and rarely even got kills.

Lists of psuedo prop guns on FRG

Deathbringer (ball)
Any crescent blast suffix (moon thing)
Artemis (^)
Glaeder (static beam which is basically a prop)
Tartarus (giant ball which shoots out of the gun)
Ascultone (laser beam)
Rail Gun
Kunai ( basically 1 shot kill with almost 50 kunais)
Shurikens
Thrakos
Staff of Osiris
Grimoire (sort of, im only considering the blue one)

----- Double shot can make some guns a 1 shot kill aswell (keep this in mind) -------

These are just examples of guns which fire an entity (like the prop guns). I never said that I wanted 1 shot kill prop guns. Those were really stupid if the right prop was on the right gun. I think that a prop that can do smaller amounts of damage with slower speed would be awesome (thanks for your suggestion, Toby)
Find

A gun shooting a giant fireball is different from a gun shooting a physical hotdog. Prop guns were dumb. Also, if our current items are "So similar" to prop suffixes, then why include prop suffixes? Isn't that just "More of the same", eh?

Prop suffixes were duuumb
Find

(03-24-2018, 12:59 AM)Terran Wrote:  A gun shooting a giant fireball is different from a gun shooting a physical hotdog. Prop guns were dumb. Also, if our current items are "So similar" to prop suffixes, then why include prop suffixes? Isn't that just "More of the same", eh?

I fail to see how that is. Because one has a particle effect and the other doesn't even if they do the same damage?

Yeah, it's a "lazy" way to add content if you want to go that route, but its better than no content at all.
Find

(03-24-2018, 12:59 AM)Terran Wrote:  A gun shooting a giant fireball is different from a gun shooting a physical hotdog. Prop guns were dumb. Also, if our current items are "So similar" to prop suffixes, then why include prop suffixes? Isn't that just "More of the same", eh?

Originally I said some stupid comment. I mean we do have somewhat of a prop system. I think that we can deffinately build on this content. It does not have to be literal prop guns. It can be something that procs after the gun shoots. I do not mean suffixes like bleed or agony, I mean something that puts some flare onto guns. There are many new ways that Brass and the FRG development team can implement around this purpose.

Everybody is thinking of the NTG prop guns. There is a reason why people say that FRG is balanced while NTG was a circus. I agree that most of the guns were WAY too op. I am just thinking of ways to add more to guns and increase the replayability and duration of FRG.

There is a reason why people love the Tartarus and the Death Bringer. This is the same reason why I loved prop guns. These kinds of traits add so much enjoyment and diversification into FRG's weapon basis. A trait like bleed is effective yet plain. Godlikes add some flavor with their odd and unique traits. I am suggesting that we add more traits like the crescent blast. Almost everybody that I know well on FRG enjoys this trait. It is not very powerful due to its slow speed and somewhat low damage. I think that the props could be similar, such as a floating watermelon that would only be useful in a narrow hallway.

P.S Terran

There is a saying in life

If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

People like these psuedo prop guns for two reasons. They are unique and people love to proc.
Find

(03-24-2018, 12:36 AM)drkillroy Wrote:  I mean listen guys. We already have some suffixes that are very similar to prop guns. The only difference is that they are not 1 shot kills like they were on NTG. By the way, not every prop was a 1 shot kill. Some were very slow and rarely even got kills.

Lists of psuedo prop guns on FRG

Deathbringer (ball)
Any crescent blast suffix (moon thing)
Artemis (^)
Glaeder (static beam which is basically a prop)
Tartarus (giant ball which shoots out of the gun)
Ascultone (laser beam)
Rail Gun
Kunai ( basically 1 shot kill with almost 50 kunais)
Shurikens
Thrakos
Staff of Osiris
Grimoire (sort of, im only considering the blue one)

----- Double shot can make some guns a 1 shot kill aswell (keep this in mind) -------

These are just examples of guns which fire an entity (like the prop guns). I never said that I wanted 1 shot kill prop guns. Those were really stupid if the right prop was on the right gun. I think that a prop that can do smaller amounts of damage with slower speed would be awesome (thanks for your suggestion, Toby)

From my point of view, every example you gave serves as a direct feature to the gun. They're all godlikes/primordials and without those features they wouldn't be unique or really very good. In essence they "make" the gun. Whereas prop suffixes can kind of just get thrown on whatever gun with no drawback.
Find