Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Logic rule discussion when?

I'm sick of not being able to kill when people are hovering over a bear trap or a barnacle.

I'm sick of not being able to kill people who did something traitorous and backed themselves into a corner after I followed them for 3 seconds.

I'm sick of not being able to kill people that were in the room with an unidentified body without having to spend another 10 seconds making sure they come back to ultimately either kill me or waste my time.

I'm sick of not being able to kill someone who ran away from a body that was killed in a small room and died 3 seconds ago.

I'm sick of not being able to kill people that have "I'm with _" or "_ is suspicious" as their last words. This one is especially bad when Ts are delaying and the guy is already acting suspicious. Context is key for this one.

I'm sick of not being able to kill off of radar, even though disguiser exists and not too many people use it.

I'm sick of not being able to kill someone for judging that an arrow came from them (direction arrow came from). This also applies to harpoon and I guess melon launcher.

I remember in the 2018 New Years thread that we would be discussing this. Honestly, I've been enjoying TTT less because it's all the same boring "waiting till the traitor acts to do anything even though they're obvious" gameplay. I've heard people complain about how obvious someone was a traitor.

Weapon rules are fine as they're made to make the server fair. Even though it makes sense that there's 5 people on, and there's a single bow user and we can't call them out. It's just my opinion but I kind of just wish people would chill when there are so few players on.

Been doing it every now and then, but you should just rdm for teh xp and take the slay. imo worth
Find

People mark this thread reasonable or see it and agree but dont post anything on it.

I've been waiting for the extinct update to happen because that's when I believed that all this would get sorted out, but if that's going to take a good bit of time then it'd be nice if this could all be played out now.
Logic rules would make the game so much more fun. People have to work to make sure they dont kill off logic, and the game is less fun when, as TJ said, everyone alive is "waiting till the traitor acts to do anything even though they're obvious". Soooo many times in the past week the round has been going on for way too long because a traitor is being followed by everyone, but wont do anything because they cant find the ""perfect moment"" to do anything.

I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate it if something happens relatively soon. I get that it's a complete rework of the rules, but it does need to happen.
When a dragon round begins.

Find

The problem, is some people's definition of 'logic' is different. Some people, to put bluntly, have flawed logic. So 'defining' what counts as logic is easier said than done, we'd have to list almost every situation for something like that to work.

The main concern with logic, is it' can be impossible to prove sometimes, and we have to make sure everyone is on the same page. Shoot first, ask questions later tends to be a very poor experience for players on the other end.

IMO moments where they came from an unid body we shouldn't have to force them to ID it seeing how that isn't part of being innocent, it only benefits traitors to act that way.
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug

I kill people off logic most rounds I play. I'm not going to play the game stupid, yesterday a T shot an awp I marked everyone around me as friendly because it was impossible for them to have shot the AWP. It was down to TJ or some other kid. I told them to fight it out, but I couldn't get them to fight it out because they said what I was doing was based on logic. That is actually pure horseshit I can't understand how what I was doing was wrong. I could understand them not fighting if they didn't trust me, but they didn't do it because it was too logical... are u fucking me. Also I got in a fight with some kid because he shot on top of titanic and there was no way to get down unless he teleported. I just waited for him to peak again and looked at the only way to possibly get up to make sure no one else got up. Once he peaked his head I kosd him and then the kid got pissed I did that <kos off location, but completely fucking reasonable. I never slayed people for this when I was staff just saying, but every time I get on I hear annoying kids complaining about any logic I use to kill them.

-Honestly I don't even feel like either of these situations required that much thinking at all, but people still bitched about me doing it.

(03-17-2018, 12:48 PM)Anthony Wrote:  I kill people off logic most rounds I play. I'm not going to play the game stupid, yesterday a T shot an awp I marked everyone around me as friendly because it was impossible for them to have shot the AWP. It was down to TJ or some other kid. I told them to fight it out, but I couldn't get them to fight it out because they said what I was doing was based on logic. That is actually pure horseshit I can't understand how what I was doing was wrong. I could understand them not fighting if they didn't trust me, but they didn't do it because it was too logical... are u fucking me. Also I got in a fight with some kid because he shot on top of titanic and there was no way to get down unless he teleported. I just waited for him to peak again and looked at the only way to possibly get up to make sure no one else got up. Once he peaked his head I kosd him and then the kid got pissed I did that <kos off location, but completely fucking reasonable. I never slayed people for this when I was staff just saying, but every time I get on I hear annoying kids complaining about any logic I use to kill them.

-Honestly I don't even feel like either of these situations required that much thinking at all, but people still bitched about me doing it.

Yeah back when I actually used to play (before I developed at all), things like that would happen all the time, and if it happened to me, I'd just accept that I was caught. TTT has devolved into "sit around and do nothing until a T literally attacks you point blank", because people don't like to accept when they are caught if they feel they are 'being sneaky'.

Last time I played, I was surprised at how easy TTT has become, and how I could just get away with the most blatantly T stuff.. I literally killed someone, and not even 1 second later, a person comes around the corner as I'm fleeing the scene. I thought I was dead, but nope, they just said "Brass.. Go ID that body". Seriously, I was busted and prepared to die (because like I said, when I used to play TTT A LOT, I would've died in this scenario every time). This is a good rule to start at. We can't just change all of the logical 'rules' all at once, we should ease into it, like we have been.
Find

That'd be a fine start in my opinion. The IDing bodies rule is stupid and takes a lot away from the core mechanics of TTT.

If a person just left a room with an unided in it, you shouldn't have to ask them to come back and ID it. They basically get a "free pass" to live if they do, even if the person they IDed is innocent.

I don't understand how this rule became a thing, honestly. It just doesn't make sense in TTT. Yeah, there's a possibility they possibly didn't notice the body, but cmon, 9/10 if a body is just sitting in the middle of a room(not hidden) they 100% saw it and just left it there to rot.
Find

(03-17-2018, 02:09 PM)tobiasxz Wrote:  That'd be a fine start in my opinion. The IDing bodies rule is stupid and takes a lot away from the core mechanics of TTT.

If a person just left a room with an unided in it, you shouldn't have to ask them to come back and ID it. They basically get a "free pass" to live if they do, even if the person they IDed is innocent.

I don't understand how this rule became a thing, honestly. It just doesn't make sense in TTT. Yeah, there's a possibility they possibly didn't notice the body, but cmon, 9/10 if a body is just sitting in the middle of a room(not hidden) they 100% saw it and just left it there to rot.

Yeah and if it happened to be an innocent somehow that was killed due to a T killing that other person, I'd be willing to play that off as 'confusion' cause by the T, and not invoke any punishment. As that is just part of the experience.
Find

(03-17-2018, 02:18 PM)Brassx Wrote:  
(03-17-2018, 02:09 PM)tobiasxz Wrote:  That'd be a fine start in my opinion. The IDing bodies rule is stupid and takes a lot away from the core mechanics of TTT.

I don't understand how this rule became a thing, honestly. It just doesn't make sense in TTT. Yeah, there's a possibility they possibly didn't notice the body, but cmon, 9/10 if a body is just sitting in the middle of a room(not hidden) they 100% saw it and just left it there to rot.u

Yeah and if it happened to be an innocent somehow that was killed due to a T killing that other person, I'd be willing to play that off as 'confusion' cause by the T, and not invoke any punishment. As that is just part of the experience.

So this is now allowed as you are saying? If so I will gladly start doing this since it's so fucking logical compared to other shit we deal with.

It's super upsetting that traitors can get away with anything and then bitch about us having actual logic about them doing anything. I'm really tired of being a sitting duck for everything that can happen.
Find