what is a sandwich

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

the thing your mom makes me every night
Find

(02-26-2018, 04:02 AM)tobiasxz Wrote:  the thing your mom makes me every night

same
Find

well i think a sandwich is something that has a food item in between something else, typically bread.. obviously. by that definition, I don’t think poptarts are a sandwich because it’s not separable of the tart; the filling and the tart are connected, so calling the filling “in between” the tart doesn’t feel right. same logic for the doughnut. i guess a hot dog would be a sandwich though
Find

(02-26-2018, 12:46 PM)Enchantable Wrote:  well i think a sandwich is something that has a food item in between something else, typically bread.. obviously. by that definition, I don’t think poptarts are a sandwich because it’s not separable of the tart; the filling and the tart are connected, so calling the filling “in between” the tart doesn’t feel right. same logic for the doughnut. i guess a hot dog would be a sandwich though

but i feel like a grilled cheese "sandwich" is inseparable in the same way that you can't take it apart evenly and it would stick to each breading item just as slicing a doughnut or poptart in half would

- That Thrakos Noob
Find

poptart is a cookie.
Find

no a poptart is a ravioli

fite me
Find

(02-26-2018, 01:09 PM)Unpoke Wrote:  
(02-26-2018, 12:46 PM)Enchantable Wrote:  well i think a sandwich is something that has a food item in between something else, typically bread.. obviously. by that definition, I don’t think poptarts are a sandwich because it’s not separable of the tart; the filling and the tart are connected, so calling the filling “in between” the tart doesn’t feel right. same logic for the doughnut. i guess a hot dog would be a sandwich though

but i feel like a grilled cheese "sandwich" is inseparable in the same way that you can't take it apart evenly and it would stick to each breading item just as slicing a doughnut or poptart in half would

wow, that's a fair point. the difference with a grilled cheese sandwich though is that, while the cheese is hard to separate of the bread, the 3 components of the sandwich were distinctly separate until the cheese melted. the components of a poptart/doughnut were never separate and, as you said, slicing a poptart/doughnut in half would just result in 2 pieces of breading with filling attached, thus disqualifying it as a sandwich.
Find

Nope.
Find

Jelly filled donuts as well as pop-tarts are not sandwiches. Evidence is shown in the fact that sandwiches do not have the buns connecting on any side, even with grilled cheese sandwiches, whereas pop-tarts are enclosed by all four of its sides; in addition, this means that hotdogs cannot be labelled as sandwiches because they are enclosed on one side, not none.
As well, referring to Enchantable's claim:
Quote:the difference with a grilled cheese sandwich though is that, while the cheese is hard to separate of the bread, the 3 components of the sandwich were distinctly separate until the cheese melted.
He states another argument. The fact that all the components of sandwiches were distinctly separate at one point before the consumer put them together.
Furthermore, it is quite clear that it is a trend in sandwiches to be enclosed in bread. Pop-tarts are definitely not enclosed in bread, just further invalidating them as a sandwich food item.