Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Gun Finder

A page on the forums that allows you to choose a gun tier or rarity, and the type of gun that exists.

Sometimes its hard for me to find someone that has a one of a kind gun, for example the Eerie Famas that I have no idea who owns.
Bouncy Rounds
Find

I mean people have the right to keep their inventory items private. If they want people to know they have an item they're willing to trade they'll say it.

(01-27-2018, 03:32 AM)tobiasxz Wrote:  I mean people have the right to keep their inventory items private. If they want people to know they have an item they're willing to trade they'll say it.

You do know we can see peoples inventory if they wanted/had any privacy then that wouldnt exist
and we can see there coins that they have on them.

+1 if its not too hard to make.

Tobi also, maybe make a option to make it private?
Find

(01-27-2018, 03:35 AM)MicroBoss Wrote:  
(01-27-2018, 03:32 AM)tobiasxz Wrote:  I mean people have the right to keep their inventory items private. If they want people to know they have an item they're willing to trade they'll say it.

You do know we can see peoples inventory if they wanted/had any privacy then that wouldnt exist

You can see the items they have equipped, not just any item in their inventory. That's a lot different than being able to go through a person's entire inventory, since you can just find them in game and pick up their weapons.
Find

tbh i would find this super annoying. some people arent willing to trade something cool they have and being constantly pestered for trades would be annoying,

(01-27-2018, 03:36 AM)tobiasxz Wrote:  
(01-27-2018, 03:35 AM)MicroBoss Wrote:  

You can see the items they have equipped, not just any item in their inventory. That's a lot different than being able to go through a person's entire inventory, since you can just find them in game and pick up their weapons.

what about coins? some people if not all use it to get more money out of there trades if they know that they have alot of coins.
Find

Make it an opt into situation, no privacy invaded. Could also add "hide gun" on the right click menu in order to not announce its in your inv.
"Closest thing I have had to alcohol is chocolate milk... Don't quote me on that!"
"Please somebody use this as a signature to remember this day."-Catbug
Find

it would be quite taxing on the webserver to perform the query like this. I have the script for stuff like this, but too many people doing too many searches (we're talking about looking through 50k inventory + 5k bank entries x 70 inventory slots x up to 200 bank slots, then ontop of that decoding the item structure and looking to make sure it's not hidden, etc) would bring the MYSQL server to a complete halt.

I would have to do a lot of caching, but even then caching would be outdated all of the time and just not work well.

It would prolly be best to just make it a system that is disabled by default. So you could do something like >right click item >"Add to Find Me" or something. Then it would add said item, and the current owner to a new database. THEN you can search that much smaller database for items.

That might work.
Find

I doubt it would work well in terms of market type use. I think most people would catalog their weapons basically as a bragging platform. It doesn't help that someone might be looking for a bloodfury yet the people who have it aren't going to come back on to add it to Find Me.

Besides, I can imagine people spamming with like every single unlikely gun they get just to spam the system and waste space. What happens if it gets traded or gets keyed/removed.

I bet lots of questions would also be raised by new people as to what it does. It's just not really worth the time. It's better to just say what you're looking for the on the trading section on the forums and hoping someone who has it sees it.
Find