Hi there Guest,  
Sign in here: Login through Steam

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Castle Damage Charts Fluctuate

I'm not sure entirely how Castle damage works, but my team has witnessed some pretty wild fluctuations on damage on the scoreboard. It doesn't actually appear to be effecting our damage, as we almost always get exactly the same damage dealt to the boss during their down phase. However, I have witnessed my own damage on the post-fight screen going from anywhere between 17 thousand and 2 thousand damage, with apparent randomness. I'm not sure if there's some mechanic that is causing this, or something keeping track of the scores is glitching, but considering damage does effect drops (From what I've seen based upon the drops those people have received) I imagine that this is actually important if it's glitching.

At any rate, I'd like clarification if this is a glitch, or is actually a flaw in my own understanding of the bosses, but again, damage does seem random.
Find

Damage is not random, however, the problem might be with the hitbox to damage them while they are down.

You have to shoot the green hitbox to deal damage when they are down (in game its glowing) -

When you hit is successfully, it flashes colors. Perhaps its hard to tell with all the people. But if you don't hit that spot it scales the damage down severely. I suppose damage numbers on the lobby would help with this.
Find

I think there was supposed to be a change a while ago that evened out all of the drops, from what I can tell that was never changed.
Problem is that being a kiter is basically just doing extra work just to give up your potential loot, there's no reason to choose to do it.

I'd recommend that no one crouches as it seems to greatly reduce the amount of damage you do.
Everyone needs to be in the front at various distances to not block anyone else and nobody should be at the sides

(01-12-2018, 06:10 AM)Brassx Wrote:  You have to shoot the green hitbox to deal damage when they are down (in game its glowing)

I suppose damage numbers on the lobby would help with this.

Damage numbers would out greatly for people new to the boss (it would have helped massively when we first tried the boss too).
Also based on that image can I assume it's intentional for there not to be anything blocking the head orb in the back?

(01-12-2018, 11:23 AM)Kuro Wrote:  I think there was supposed to be a change a while ago that evened out all of the drops, from what I can tell that was never changed.
Problem is that being a kiter is basically just doing extra work just to give up your potential loot, there's no reason to choose to do it.

I dunno, I think loot did get a buff or something because remember yesterday when I got 12 bones and 12 ancients and I was second to last.

Also, I've been thinking about that. Wouldn't it mean you get better loot due to it always being near you thus being one of the first to have a more accurate shot on the orb? It's not hard to have someone orb of christmas you or even sagacious someone for any health lost. At least change your secondary to something like a swift or lightweight and then switch when its down for equally fair damage.
Find

(01-12-2018, 05:57 PM)TJ1524 Wrote:  I dunno, I think loot did get a buff or something because remember yesterday when I got 12 bones and 12 ancients and I was second to last.

Also, I've been thinking about that. Wouldn't it mean you get better loot due to it always being near you thus being one of the first to have a more accurate shot on the orb? It's not hard to have someone orb of christmas you or even sagacious someone for any health lost. At least change your secondary to something like a swift or lightweight and then switch when its down for equally fair damage.

What happened in your case is you got lucky with your regular drops(or maybe everyone else got unlucky?).

When castle came out it was trying out something I suggested a while ago here.
The purpose of the thread was to make certain roles that contribute more towards the success of the kill give you that chance of extra reward, but sadly the only thing that can be tracked is damage. Leaving us with only damage counting towards additional drops.

As for the second part that's only partly true for just the first kiter, the person who kites on their own loses out on the entire other boss, they only contribute 2/3 to the total potential damage which really costs them if they want to get any bonus drops (or potential chances at the godlike).

Here's an example
I was kiting fire, eclipse kited ice. Everyone else was DPS with me taking ice kite when Eclipse died an untimely death.
Find